Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default "I have you." - The Sandra Woosan aka Lady Shiva Appreciation Thread!

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She is my favorite female character in DC Comics and I know that there are other fans of hers too.

Let's discuss and appreciate the awesomeness of Sandra Woosan aka Lady Shiva!

BANNED

Last edited by fmvgamer; 10-11-2014 at 08:45 PM.

BANNED

Shiva fighting the techno-ninja Shadowdragon from the superman titles.

BANNED

Thanks a lot for the scans!

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Default Lady Shiva Appreciation Thread

I've compiled a spreadsheet of every single time since her debut in 1975 that Lady Shiva has fought a (named) opponent, and the ensuing results. Enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fOQ/edit#gid=0
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-16-2018 at 11:22 AM.

BANNED

I like Lady Shiva She's pretty strong, only second to Batman in martial arts or something like this, right ? I saw her kick Nightwing's butt and i like it when Cassandra and Shiva go all out on each other in a fight. You think Talia is a bad mother ? well, think again... lol But isn't Shiva a Batman character ? i have only seen her in bat books.
    Last edited by Batarang; 01-18-2017 at 05:14 AM.

BANNED

Shouldn't this be on the Batman forums?

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Shouldn't this be on the Batman forums?
    Lady Shiva has been associated closely with the Batman Family, but actually originated as a Richard Dragon character — and she's been as integral to the history of The Question, and even Green Arrow, as Batman. She really has a much wider scope than just Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Batarang View Post
    I like Lady Shiva She's pretty strong, only second to Batman in martial arts or something like this, right ? I saw her kick Nightwing's butt and i like it when Cassandra and Shiva go all out on each other in a fight. You think Talia is a bad mother ? well, think again... lol But isn't Shiva a Batman character ? i have only seen her in bat books.
    I'd argue that in a straight fight, Lady Shiva could beat Batman. Their only real serious fight against each other was in "A Death in the Family," and Batman only won because Jason intervened at a crucial moment, turning the tide.

As for whether Shiva is a Batman character: Shiva debuted in RICHARD DRAGON: KUNG-FU FIGHTER, where she became a principal member of the main cast, and then went on to become a major supporting character in THE QUESTION - all before she ever appeared in a Batman book. Any time Richard Dragon or The Question show up in their own books since, Lady Shiva isn't far behind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gorblax View Post
    Lady Shiva has been associated closely with the Batman Family, but actually originated as a Richard Dragon character — and she's been as integral to the history of The Question, and even Green Arrow, as Batman. She really has a much wider scope than just Batman.
    Richard Dragon had a short lived series in 2004 that was retconned away with in less than 2 years and another series about 30 years before that. The Question hasn't had a series since the 80s and she had one appearance in Green Arrow that was a part of a crossover with Batbooks. This is before I mention the fact that Dragon has about what 80 appearences in total while Shiva has far more and Connor Hawke himself was only a thing in the late 90s.
    Majority of Shivas appearences have been in Batman family of books, she has only appeared in Batman exclusive mainstream media, she has been a Batman family character since the late 80s which brings it to almost 30 years as opposed to being a Dragon/Question character for only 15 years at most. Even Bronze Tiger left Dragon in the dust in the late 80s when he joined the Suicide Squad.

Still, I don't think it's fair to pigeonhole her as a Batman character, any more than it would be to say Black Canary is a Green Arrow character. I think there's enough ambiguity here to include this thread here.