Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    According to the GCD, she was in an issue of Deathstroke that came out in late 2014 and, more recently, Detective Comics #954 last year (though I have no idea of how much she actually appeared in either case).
    She was the main villain of the whole League of Shadows arc (#950-#956). Didn't really like what Tynion did with her besides bringing back the classic BoP costume and establishing her as Cass's mom again. Seemed like he wanted to do a version of Dark Knight Rises with Shiva instead of Bane.

I want the Mentor/Blue and Orange morality Shiva back.
    Last edited by SneakyLookingSort; 09-15-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    She was the main villain of the whole League of Shadows arc (#950-#956). Didn't really like what Tynion did with her besides bringing back the classic BoP costume and establishing her as Cass's mom again. Seemed like he wanted to do a version of Dark Knight Rises with Shiva instead of Bane.

She appeared on the last page of #950 and said a few words, so I'm not counting that issue.

She was in two pages of #951 where she is seen interrogating a man, but nothing great. The rest of the issue was about the Bat family fighting the Colony.

#952 was cool. She tried to get Cass to fight her, but Cass refused. Batman tried to interfere but Shiva grabbed him, threw him to the ground and held him there. Then told him she could kill him with one flick of her wrist or something like that.

In #953, she showed up in about three pages, knocked Cass around again, but Cass still refused to fight her and she left. Basically the same as what happened in the previous issue.

She appears in a few panels in #954, but nothing significant or anything.

In #955, she takes down the Bat family (except Cass) off panel and then when Cass shows up, Shiva again asks Cass to battle her, but Cass says she doesn't need to because she has friends and Batwoman kicks Shiva from behind, to be continued next issue.

In #956, Shiva is seen fighting the Bat family and basically taking them all down without much trouble. Cass finally steps in and fights her, getting a lot of shots in and actually making Shiva bleed and knocking her to the ground. Ras shows up and shoots Shiva. Shiva whispers something in Cassandra's ear and then seemingly dies.

So basically the whole arc goes like this---Shiva shows up, begs Cass to fight her, Cass refuses and Shiva leaves. Next issue, same thing. Etc, etc. There's a few cool scenes peppered throughout the story, but overall it was kind of hollow.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    So basically the whole arc goes like this---Shiva shows up, begs Cass to fight her, Cass refuses and Shiva leaves. Next issue, same thing. Etc, etc. There's a few cool scenes peppered throughout the story, but overall it was kind of hollow.
    I agree. This arc was a huge disappointment for me. I don't think Tynion understands the appeal of either of these characters, or at least can't write them with any kind of nuance.

I would love to see the martial arts trio (Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger/Ben Turner and Sandra Woosan/Lady Shiva) in a series again. Preferably as active martial artists done in the same vein as they were in O’Neil’s Question Series character wise (and Ostrander’s Suicde Squad when it comes to Ben)

I miss straight up kung fu/espionage, comics)
    Last edited by docmidnite; 09-16-2018 at 08:32 PM.

BANNED

Huh, funny thing is that he did write a similar arc with Bane in TMNT 2.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    I would love to see the martial arts trio (Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger/Ben Turner and Sandra Woosan/Lady Shiva) in a series again. Preferably as active martial artists done in the same vein as they were in O’Neil’s Question Series character wise (and Ostrander’s Suicde Squad when it comes to Ben)

I miss straight up kung fu/espionage, comics)
    Her eventual resurrection would be the perfect time to course correct her. I think death would make Shiva rethink her priorities but it's probably going to be brushed aside like nothing happened.

Shivas an awesome character, some of this art has not aged well though (Lemon yellow skin !)

Her eventual resurrection would be the perfect time to course correct her. I think death would make Shiva rethink her priorities but it's probably going to be brushed aside like nothing happened.
    She doesn't even really need to be course corrected for them to work together again when they eventually bring her back, actually.

I could easily see Waller enlisting Ben to get Richard and Shiva to work with him again for a mission, as long as it was something that would interest or concern both of them as well.