Super Moderator

Default NYCC LIVE: "Powers" TV Panel with Bendis and Cast

Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming's "Powers" is headed to TV, and the Sony series gets a preview Saturday at New York Comic Con.

Full article here.

I'm gravely disappointed in that trailer. It looks awful. After having read some of the original 'Powers' comics from Image, I know what the actual comic is like and the excessive profanity but in all genuine honesty the shows look and feel from that trailer is just plain bad. It feels as if they are just pushing it. It looks campy and although there are actual campy shows on TV that work and are likeable the same just cannot be said for 'Powers' and for Pete's sake the actor Sharlto Copley and actress Susan Heyward are absolutely awful and look nothing like their comic page counterparts.

The dialogue is balefully atrocious and the over-the-top profanity usage just make the show come off as being nothing more than a pure pile of stinking crap. It's no wonder this show is going to be FREE to PlayStation Plus users. I was hoping that Sony PSN's foray into movie/TV show entertainment would debut with high quality the same way that XBOX Live did with their Halo shows and animated movies but this 'Powers' crap is diabolically disappointing. Sony might as well nix this now and get some originaly programming in development such as create something based off of 'Uncharted', 'God of War' or 'Ratchet and Clank'. In order for 'Powers' to EVEN PRAY to succeed it MUST be animated by Bruce Timm or Greg Weisman. If Brian Michael Bendis wants to do a live action 'Powers' show it's going to have to be in the hands of a talented media arts mind such as Dick Wolf, Guillermo Del Toro, Jonathan Nolan or Alex Kurtzman; cut back on the campy dialogue, push back from the vulgar language and aim for a general audience rating of TV-PG-14