Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Fantastic Member

The outfit is MEANT to look a bit tacky/rubbish, it's pretty much what happens when a blind man grabs a bunch of clothes. I know all the super sense stuff but he's not got the whole Daredevil persona down yet if they are following the Man Without Fear plotline closely, he's just another vigilante wearing black and with his face obscured. When's he becomes Daredevil, he'll look like Daredevil.

Also, anyone else really, really psyched for the new Kingpin? Sounds like he could be amazing. It's about time Loki was joined by another good villain in the Live Action Marvel realm.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

As a DD comics completist, I was thrilled to see these new photos and to see the character lineup. JRJR was at his best when he did the TMWF i.e. the origin with Miller. One of my favourites, and I'm also a big fan of the original run by Lee, Wood, Everett and Colan as well as being someone who was brought up on Miller's DD.

It would seem that they are paying homage to every DD "era" what with having Karen Page, Owlsley, Stick, Urich, Fisk...Just wondering how Claire Temple is supposed to have a major impact on DD. Maybe somehow linking him up with Cage and Rand? Also I wonder if and when Elektra will be introduced?

I'm looking forward to having this series sitting on my shelf as dvds.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    As a DD comics completist, I was thrilled to see these new photos and to see the character lineup. JRJR was at his best when he did the TMWF i.e. the origin with Miller. One of my favourites, and I'm also a big fan of the original run by Lee, Wood, Everett and Colan as well as being someone who was brought up on Miller's DD.

It would seem that they are paying homage to every DD "era" what with having Karen Page, Owlsley, Stick, Urich, Fisk...Just wondering how Claire Temple is supposed to have a major impact on DD. Maybe somehow linking him up with Cage and Rand? Also I wonder if and when Elektra will be introduced?

I'm looking forward to having this series sitting on my shelf as dvds.
    I think Karen is gonna be the love interest for now, and Elektra might be introduced in a later season.

The costume looks real nice. Straight out of the books. Of course it will be temporary.

Arghhhhhhh! I had such high hopes for the costume and now they've been destroyed! I wish the costume was more in line with the comic costume. It doesn't have to be the exact one, but it should have some elements of it. Gimme some horns, at least! That being said, I think Cox looks great as Matt. My greatest wish for the show is that the stories are great, above all. As long as we have great stories, he can wear that horrible outfit, if he must...

Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf71 View Post
    Arghhhhhhh! I had such high hopes for the costume and now they've been destroyed! I wish the costume was more in line with the comic costume. It doesn't have to be the exact one, but it should have some elements of it. Gimme some horns, at least! That being said, I think Cox looks great as Matt. My greatest wish for the show is that the stories are great, above all. As long as we have great stories, he can wear that horrible outfit, if he must...
    Seriously.....it's right there in the article. This is his FIRST costume, which is pulled directly from Daredevil's modern and most popular origin. It is NOT his final Daredevil costume.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    very cool. Maybe the "real" costume will show up by the end of the season.
    I REALLY hope that isn't the case and has the classic red suit for at least half of the 13 episodes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Are people really complaining about what a proto costume looks like?
    yes. sad to see such a knee jerk reaction.

Amazing Member

OMG the reactions.....
    It is exactly like in the comics. And it's his pre-costume.
    manwithoutfear-costume.jpg
    "you can also check out a photo featuring Matt in his first costume"
    http://marvel.com/news/tv/23448/your...#ixzz3FvOk7dhW

"It his first costume. I was there, I watched the clips, it's acknowledged as a prototype:

CLARE: Your costume sucks.
    MATT: It's a work in progress."
    from Keyser Soze

Looking at it drawn, isn't too bad, but truthfully, John Romita Junior has always been one of my favourite artists, comic wise. Only gets better every time his career goes on.

But, looking at pictures, I somehow prefer the way the costume looks in The Trial Of The Incredible Hulk, compared to here, but time will tell.

BANNED

Am I the only one that read the article and it stated this was Murdock's first costume based on Miller and Romita's origin story. It like in Batman Begins when Bruce wore a skull mask. Calm down. If you were crying because it wasn't yellow, I'd probably give you a pass or if they said it was the final costume but it's not so chill out and read the article....please!
    Last edited by Mjhych1; 10-12-2014 at 01:18 PM.

BANNED

People have conveniently ignored that. Even though Marvel literally posted a picture of the 'Man Without Fear' suit IN THE OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE AS REFERENCE.

Also, the skintight spandexy nature of the outfit gives a good bet that the final costume will stick pretty close, since it'll probably be this, in red, with a proper cowl with horns.

I just hope the show is good. Man Without Fear is one of my favourite comics. Miller did an amazing job with Born Again and Bendis and Maleev cemented DD as one of Marvel's best characters. The stuff that followed with Brubaker and Lark was just as impressive.

DD the character deserves a great live-action adaptation. I hope the Netflix series is it, but I dread another Agents of SHIELD.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Omg... The ninja costume... CALLED IT! I've always liked its simplicity, so I'm cool with his fully-realised costume being similar to it. Still hyped for this show
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

All-New Member

All I can say is...

I like the red shades

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jaycell View Post
    From Marvel - "Along with the first image of Cox as Murdock, you can also check out a photo featuring Matt in his first costume" - http://marvel.com/news/tv/23448/your...vil_on_netflix

Take a chill pill everyone. This is supposed to resemble a costume that a brand new super hero just threw together. This doesn't mean we won't get the red suit.
    You know most fans on the internet refuse to read. They see a picture and then start banging on their keyboards like ferrets on crank.
    I mean, it's clearly based on Miller's and JRJR's Man of Fear comic, but it far better to type, 'don't want' in several different ways rather than actually reading.
    I mean, it was in the second paragraph..

"The first photo reveals the "Boardwalk Empire" alum in full costume -- called by Marvel his "first costume" -- which the company notes was inspired by the version seen in "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear," by Frank Miller and John Romita Jr. The other image depicts the actor as Matt Murdock."

But, damn, that is way too much reading!