Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Problem with that being more than a one-time outfit is that people aren't supposed to wonder how he sees. Matt is blind, but he doesn't want people to guess that Dare-devil uses more senses than anyone else. It helps maintain his secret identity and it gives him an edge as people don't know he can "see" as well in the dark as light or throwing something in his eyes won't blind him even temporarily.

very cool. Maybe the "real" costume will show up by the end of the season.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Fantastic.

This is obviously his prototype suit from MWF. He'll be the ole Horn Head we know and love soon enough. I just hope this is allowed to have the gritty vibe the character needs. It's Netflix so I don't see why we can't get something really cool and different from the mainstream MU flicks. Charlie Cox looks the part, and was good on BOARDWALK EMPIRE. I personally would have gone with Michael C. Hall, but for an already established Man Without Fear.

SteveDitkosQuestion

Default Daredevil?

Wish I could get excited about this pic, but I can't. Regardless of all of the revisions of his history, to me, DAREDEVILs origin was April 1964 with Bill Everett and Steve Ditko's HERE COMES DAREDEVIL THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR! in671239.jpg his original black/red, yellow costume.

Folks, if you want to comment on the article or images, that's great. If you want to talk with others about it that's also great. If you want to criticize other users by questioning whether they're "real" fans or not, insult the level of their knowledge about the character, etc... then there will be problems.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-11-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

BANNED

I just might binge watch this when it premiers

Amazing Member

On one hand, I think it's pretty rad that they're sticking so closely to JR Jr.'s design, but I was really hoping we'd get our first look at the classic suit (or their interpretation of it) today and am really disappointed that isn't what was shown.

What puzzles me the most is the timeline of this show. Is this going to be a super-decompressed origin story played out over the course of nearly 10 hours? Or will they be handling Matt's transformation into Daredevil with an origin arc lasting 1-3 episodes with the remainder of the season showing a fully realized Daredevil?

And as for the red costume itself, how will they handle a hero who didn't get their suit from a scientist or a mystical kingdom?
    Last edited by mattbearpig; 10-11-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDitkosQuestion View Post
    Wish I could get excited about this pic, but I can't. Regardless of all of the revisions of his history, to me, DAREDEVILs origin was April 1964 with Bill Everett and Steve Ditko's HERE COMES DAREDEVIL THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR! in671239.jpg his original black/red, yellow costume.
    Yeah no. That costume would look TERRIBLE in live-action. And by "origins" we mean the guy who actually made Daredevil the popular character that he is today. The guy who created most of the stuff that we now associate with the character. The guy who basically saved the character and made him more popular than he ever was before. That would be Frank Miller.

Fantastic Member

Looks like a great on-screen rendition of Romita's work in The Man without Fear. Glad to see the nod. I'm sure the followup costume by season end will be closer to the red costume people are used to modern DD wearing.

Incredible Member

What do you expect for a costume put together by a blind guy?

I'm sure that won't be the final suit, anyway.
    I do hope Charlie Cox can put on some more muscle.
    Last edited by Jared; 10-11-2014 at 07:33 PM.

BANNED

i think it is great that the producers are using a costume from the miller/romita comic which it is entirely possible that some people may not have read it to know it was a nod to that storyline. some might call it a retcon but clearly it gives some back story prior to the 1963 yellow and red costume story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GrandKaiser View Post
    He looks exactly like DD from the Man Without Fear origin story! Charlie Cox even said the suit was based on Romita's designs!

Also, can I just say how refreshing is it to have an actor who actually reads comics! He read the entire Bendis and Miller runs! He knows the character inside and out! He mentioned specific scenes and issues! This guy is the superhero actor we've all been waiting for!
    Almost every actor reads comic books. That's called doing their homework.
    Amell read tons of green arrow, growing up he read lobo and superman.
    Gustin read the whole series of flash under johns and whatever he can get his hands on.
    Constantine guy also started the whole series on hellblazer.
    Even the penguin actor said johns mailed him the penguin mini series for him to read through.
    Not to mention Henry cavill read whatever superman books he could get his hands on and johns also mailed him several tradesike red sun and all start superman

Astonishing Member

Also, costume looks horrible. That's not what I signed up for.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDitkosQuestion View Post
    Whatever some others might think, I'd still love to see that costume. Just like to see his original suit in live action, paid tribute, all that. Red is without question.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Almost every actor reads comic books. That's called doing their homework.
    Amell read tons of green arrow, growing up he read lobo and superman.
    Gustin read the whole series of flash under johns and whatever he can get his hands on.
    Constantine guy also started the whole series on hellblazer.
    Even the penguin actor said johns mailed him the penguin mini series for him to read through.
    Not to mention Henry cavill read whatever superman books he could get his hands on and johns also mailed him several tradesike red sun and all start superman
    Matt Ryan is John Constantine, JSYK and Robin Lord Taylor is Oswald 'Penguin' Cobblepot.