Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That means DC own him - Marvel can't publish this without fixing it.
    I don't have my comics with me, so I can't check my Golden Age omnibus and see who is in that comic. Could Timely have sold the rights to Charlton?

I count five cosmic characters. Three on the 70s cover (Star-Lord, Yondu, and another person I don't recognise - another Guardian of the Galaxy?) and two on the 2010s cover (Nova and Cosmic Ghost Rider).
    I was lumping the 70s characters into one Guardian of the Galaxy. Isn't Cosmic Ghostrider a joke character, like Gwenpool? I entirely blanked him out. But it seems odd to me that they left off THE first Marvel cosmic character, Silver Surfer. Granted, the 60s cover would be beyond crowded, but they went with the Inhumans, and NOT Surfer?

Though, I guess you could count Phoenix and Beta Ray Bill as sort of cosmic.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 12-15-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

That means DC own him . . .
    Does it?

I thought DC didn't buy out ALL the Charlton characters, just most of the ones Dick Giordano had been involved with. (They don't even own all of those since they don't own Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt.)

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I don't have my comics with me, so I can't check my Golden Age omnibus and see who is in that comic. Could Timely have sold the rights to Charlton?

I was lumping the 70s characters into one Guardian of the Galaxy. Isn't Cosmic Ghostrider a joke character, like Gwenpool? I entirely blanked him out. But it seems odd to me that they left off THE first Marvel cosmic character, Silver Surfer. Granted, the 60s cover would be beyond crowded, but they went with the Inhumans, and NOT Surfer?

Though, I guess you could count Phoenix and Beta Ray Bill as sort of cosmic.
    Did you call me? I am here my friend. And yes, I am cosmic!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Does it?

I thought DC didn't buy out ALL the Charlton characters, just most of the ones Dick Giordano had been involved with. (They don't even own all of those since they don't own Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt.)
    Huh, I actually thought they'd bought the whole company, like they did with Fawcett (Shazam's original publisher). Isn't Watchmen based on some of the Charlton characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    No. Different character, same codename, like Captain Marvel.
    http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/maskedraider.htm
    http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m...ercharlton.htm
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-16-2018 at 05:44 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Did you call me? I am here my friend. And yes, I am cosmic!
    waves

How could I forget that Phoenix?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Huh, I actually thought they'd bought the whole company, like they did with Fawcett (Shazam's original publisher). Isn't Watchmen based on some of the Charlton characters?
    No. Different character, same codename, like Captain Marvel.
    http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/maskedraider.htm
    http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m...ercharlton.htm
    Okay, that's what I thought.

I believe for Watchmen, Moore originally wanted to use those Charlton characters but was told he couldn't, so he created his own versions.

There's this from a Wikipedia article (I've highlighted a significant part):
    Most of Charlton's superhero characters were acquired in 1983 by DC Comics, where former Charlton editor Dick Giordano was then managing editor. These "Action Hero" characters were originally to be used in the landmark Watchmen miniseries written by Alan Moore, but DC then chose to save the characters for other uses. Moore instead developed new characters loosely based on them. The Charlton characters were incorporated into DC's main superhero line, starting in the epic Crisis on Infinite Earths miniseries of 1985.

One of those "superhero characters" DC did use for a while was Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt, but the rights to that character reverted back to character's creator Pete Morisi (and then to his estate after he died in 2003).
    Other characters Charlton published at various times were not part of the deal with DC, such as the 1970s character E-Man.

has there ever been a story arc where the main team is "frozen/lost" somehow, then they come back to an Earth where the Axis powers won the war? Then they had to, of course, fix things...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has there ever been a story arc where the main team is "frozen/lost" somehow, then they come back to an Earth where the Axis powers won the war? Then they had to, of course, fix things...
    I know Cap had at least one of those, but I can't recall the whole Invaders team doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Not for sure. It would be a stretch to call Secret Empire Brave New World that, though it was the rest of the Invaders fighting Nazi Hydra Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know Cap had at least one of those, but I can't recall the whole Invaders team doing that.
    Curious. Well, I'd like to see a story arc like that, anyway. :-)

Belated Christmas greetings, fellow Invaders fans!

I think our New Years will be even better, as the new series drop date approaches.

Merry Christmas fellow friends and fans! I Hope it was a Happy one!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    ..I'm curious as to how Toro is both a mutant and an Inhuman. Also ... does this mean he looks different, now that he's been exposed to the Terrigen mists?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yep so now he has both the x-gene and Inhuman genes. Luna could have been as Pietro and Crystal's daughter but her non-human genes cancelled each other out. Unless his being a Inhuman was mistaken for being a mutant, but that would possibly mean he had some exposure to Terrigen mist in his unknown past. And he also has Horton cells. Whew!
    Wish marvel comics did a limited series revealing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    That would not surprise me, this is probably an attempt to distinguish him more from the Torches.
    Johnny Storm is a mutate, Jim Hammond is a synthezoid, Thomas Raymond is a mutant, they're already different enough. And Dante aka Inferno is already an "Inhuman" Torch. (Bad pun, I know.) Oh well.
    Good explanation