Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i'm very curious as to what they're gonna do with Toro.
    Supposedly they'll give him a connection to the Inhumans now?
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Thread:721276

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Supposedly they'll give him a connection to the Inhumans now?
    Apparently, but whether he'll be only an Inhuman or an Inhuman and Mutant hybrid is unsure to me. I can't recall if they said he'll be Inhuman instead of mutant.

Anyway, it'll give him the chance to change his "Toro" moniker to "Inhuman Torch".
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Apparently, but whether he'll be only an Inhuman or an Inhuman and Mutant hybrid is unsure to me. I can't recall if they said he'll be Inhuman instead of mutant.

Anyway, it'll give him the chance to change his "Toro" moniker to "Inhuman Torch".
    LOL.

Peace

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    I definitely appreciate the sentiment, but there's part of me that thinks a readership boosting exchange between titles might benefit our beloved ANI's sales numbers so if we got a boost from the buyers of those books I guess I would, personally, be willing to play ball and pick up another series or two for a month or so. It's likely a moot point anyhow since Robinson has, historically, not been one to involve his titles in direct cross-overs with anybody else's series.

I don't believe he's in anything since Cable and X-Force ended (though I didn't read that, nor am I reading the new X-Force series).

That's the spirit CWM! I hope you all like the ideas I lay out in the column I'm working on now over at Marvel 616 Politics. It's a bit along the lines of my Namor/Superman essay except this time I'm delving into Jim "The Torch" Hammond. Oh! and the next piece I wrote for my [more] regular column focuses on Moon Knight too. Good timing I guess.
    Yeah, I'd be willing to play ball as well.

And that "spirit" is Khonshu Sure I'd be happy to see Marc here. I've bookmarked your column at M616P, so I look forward to reading future columns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

LOL, you win this thread. Thanks for the laugh Ravin' Ray.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

I've always been split between whether the idea of connecting Moon Man to Moon Knight as a GA agent of Khonshu would be a corny/lame idea or interesting story fodder.

Moon Man was a wealthy guy so he could have easily done some Egyptian travel circa 1940. He seemed never to be seen outside his costume so one source - could be handbook, could be online, speculated some sort of obsessive behaviour. My take would be that he was a proto Moon Knight - he awoke a weakened Khonshu who was only able to influence certain thoughts and behaviours in the man who became Moon Man, but was unable to appear or directly communicate with him like he did Marc Spector generations later.

So Moon Man would sort of be an unknowing agent of Konshu, his compulsions explained in that way. Moon Man was recently revealed to have been a member of the CRAZY SUES and died in battle circa mid to late 1944.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    I've always been split between whether the idea of connecting Moon Man to Moon Knight as a GA agent of Khonshu would be a corny/lame idea or interesting story fodder.

Moon Man was a wealthy guy so he could have easily done some Egyptian travel circa 1940. He seemed never to be seen outside his costume so one source - could be handbook, could be online, speculated some sort of obsessive behaviour. My take would be that he was a proto Moon Knight - he awoke a weakened Khonshu who was only able to influence certain thoughts and behaviours in the man who became Moon Man, but was unable to appear or directly communicate with him like he did Marc Spector generations later.

So Moon Man would sort of be an unknowing agent of Konshu, his compulsions explained in that way. Moon Man was recently revealed to have been a member of the CRAZY SUES and died in battle circa mid to late 1944.
    I have very little knowledge of the Golden age characters, but I like your idea of a previous avatar of Khonshu. Not a corny idea to me. I'd welcome a story with this, now I wonder if Moon Man's spirit would be in contact with Marc?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    I have very little knowledge of the Golden age characters, . . .

Thanks for that, Major Hoy. I'll have to look up the other characters.

I have very little knowledge of the Golden age characters, but I like your idea of a previous avatar of Khonshu. Not a corny idea to me. I'd welcome a story with this, now I wonder if Moon Man's spirit would be in contact with Marc?
    I never considered that - i wouldn't want Marc to be the latest in a long line of Moon avatars but one previous modern age one (and wasn't there an ancient Egyptian version in S.H.I.E.L.D?) would be interesting. After all characters who were just as obscure have been developed. MM might even have been resurrected by Khonshu and had further adventures. It might be interesting to see that another man went slowly insane due to Khonshu's power so its not just Marc as a person but a consequence of the power of the moon.

Back to the Invaders, i was momentarily excited to see the description 'band of brothers' in the blurb to Invaders 10 - i thought for a second that JR was following up on the All Winners Band of Heroes story as he hinted he might, but on a second read its more likely he was referring to the team generically as a band of brothers.

I never considered that - i wouldn't want Marc to be the latest in a long line of Moon avatars but one previous modern age one (and wasn't there an ancient Egyptian version in S.H.I.E.L.D?) would be interesting. After all characters who were just as obscure have been developed. MM might even have been resurrected by Khonshu and had further adventures. It might be interesting to see that another man went slowly insane due to Khonshu's power so its not just Marc as a person but a consequence of the power of the moon.
    And they could even tie that idea in with this guy:

Good idea Major - i've been waiting ages for a return of either the GA Scarlet Scarab or his modern day heir. Did u catch the original in the WWII era flashback? I have mixed feelings about that as on the one hand i want to see the Scarab but on the other it sort of smacks of 'lets throw in all the old bad guys together as a nazi team' and Scarlet Scarab ended his appearance still not liking the Allies but hating the Nazis. Its hard to see how he could have ended up on the Super Axis ... unless they have his family hostage or something.

Btw please check out and comment on my new thread 'Why are you indifferent to or hate the comics i love?' Its not a personal question but a thread designed to encourage debate on why people overlook certain comics - in fact it was inspired by the Invaders in the sense that the debate on falling numbers got me thinking of why comics don't get an udience even if they're excellent. So if this thread gets going it might help a few readers check out A-N-I and other comics they overlook.

Back to the Invaders, i was momentarily excited to see the description 'band of brothers' in the blurb to Invaders 10 - i thought for a second that JR was following up on the All Winners Band of Heroes story as he hinted he might, but on a second read its more likely he was referring to the team generically as a band of brothers.
    Yeah, I would not want a whole line of Knonshu avatars either, would cease to make the characters unique. There was an Ancient Egyptian S.H.I.E.L.D. (don't know if Hickman invented that or if it was something that was floating around prior to his still unfinished S.H.I.E.L.D. series.) And I like your idea of how insanity ties into wielding Khonshu and the moon's powers.

Scarlet Scarab? (ducks under computer.)

Also back to ANI, I hope with ANI 10 (pre-ordered), more new characters are introduced. By *new, I mean new to me. I quite liked ANI 6 with the slight introduction to Golden Girl and I look forward to seeing where that goes in 7. Robinson is writing these characters in a way that makes me feel like I've always known about them and I like that.

I love and adore all these old characters. I was once very close to having an Angel prose story put in the back of the old New Invaders comic - the writer Allan Jacobsen asked editorial but they nixed the idea.

I once had an idea that i sketched out, semi inspired by scenes in the Supreme series - it was a sort of sourcebook covering a run of Invaders, Liberty Legion and Kid Commandos comics with real dates - i.e Kid Commandoes mini Issue 1 of 4, November 1979. With covers and synopses of the contents as if these comics had actually existed. My idea was that if i was ever in a position to pitch an actual GA or other themed comic to Marvel, that i would pitch this too as something fun that could be expanded on. I especially liked the idea of weaving in other more obscure characters - i.e a tale where Rusty, sidekick of the Defender joins freeing up Bucky and eventually Toro to rejoin the Invaders as we know they soon did. As you might gather, the most realised part was my KC mini!

. . . I hope with ANI 10 (pre-ordered), more new characters are introduced. By *new, I mean new to me. I quite liked ANI 6 with the slight introduction to Golden Girl and I look forward to seeing where that goes in 7. Robinson is writing these characters in a way that makes me feel like I've always known about them and I like that.
    I also wish there was a Marvel Masterworks collection of the Invaders. (I think Marvel did have the original series collected in trade paperbacks about seven years or so ago?)

There is also a two volume Marvel Ultimate collection which collects the whole run and maybe the 90's mini.