Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

I did find Invaders Classic: The Complete Collection Volume 1 (of 2) that is suppose to be either available now or will be released next month (depending on where you buy it from?):

Published in the 1970s, set in the 1940s, INVADERS was Marvel’s best and brightest retro revival of the Golden Age heroes of World War II — and now, the entire series is collected across two massive volumes! Captain America, the Human Torch and the Sub-Mariner, plus scrappy sidekicks Bucky and Toro, first banded together when the United States entered WWII! Relive the heroes’ untold tales as they face the evil Axis powers; fall under the Red Skull’s spell; and battle U-Man, Baron Blood, Master Man, Warrior Woman, the three-in-one Agent Axis and more! Plus: the debuts of Spitfire, Union Jack and the Liberty Legion! The return of genuine GA villains not seen in decades! And a time-bending crossover with the Avengers! Collecting GIANT-SIZE INVADERS #1, INVADERS (1975) #1-22 and ANNUAL #1, MARVEL PREMIERE #29-30, and AVENGERS (1963) #71.
    http://marvel.com/comics/collection/...rade_paperback

Cover price is $39.99; ISBN number is 978-0-7851-9057-8.

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

That's the one.

BANNED

I'm so far behind on all my threads. <sob>

But I'm on a vacation of sorts, so I'm hoping to catch up!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I did find Invaders Classic: The Complete Collection Volume 1 (of 2) that is suppose to be either available now or will be released next month (depending on where you buy it from?):

http://marvel.com/comics/collection/...rade_paperback

Cover price is $39.99; ISBN number is 978-0-7851-9057-8.
    You can pick that up at In Stock Trades for 42% off, i.e. $23.19. Buy another Invaders book or two (or something else) at the same discount, to bring your total to $50 and the shipping is free.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-01/MAR140783

http://www.instocktrades.com/search/invaders

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    . . . You can pick that up at In Stock Trades for 42% off, i.e. $23.19. Buy another Invaders book or two (or something else) at the same discount, to bring your total to $50 and the shipping is free.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marv...L-01/MAR140783

http://www.instocktrades.com/search/invaders
    Amazon.com has it for a pre-order price of $28.51 with an availability date of July 1st; barnesandnoble.com has a pre-order price of $29.08 and availability date of July 1st (which is a week from tomorrow as I type / post this).

(Just for comparison.)

BANNED

Amazon.com has it for a pre-order price of $28.51 with an availability date of July 1st; barnesandnoble.com has a pre-order price of $29.08 and availability date of July 1st (which is a week from tomorrow as I type / post this).

(Just for comparison.)
    Yeah, they don't count as direct market, whereas Instock Trades does, apparently, which is why they have the book available since last week, IIRC.

One of the things i really enjoy about the MU of today is the fact that with so much old material reprinted in GA Masterworks etc and big MU Hardbacks, it seems that some of the obscurer stuff is starting to seep through to actual writers who are very wisely reading this material and mining it to improve the rich tapestry of the MU - or should i say restore it as i get the sense that after a certain point there was a reduction of certain obscurer aspects of continuity in favour of utilising more popular or mainstream bits.

One thing i loved was that over in Iron Man there was Detroit Steel aka Lt Doug Johnson and it was obvious to me that this was a little wink to the obscure GA strip Jap Buster Johnson who was also Lt Doug Johnson - a grandson or great nephew. Even cooler was that we also got a JB Johnson reappearance in All Winners.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    One of the things i really enjoy about the MU of today is the fact that with so much old material reprinted in GA Masterworks etc and big MU Hardbacks, it seems that some of the obscurer stuff is starting to seep through to actual writers who are very wisely reading this material and mining it to improve the rich tapestry of the MU - or should i say restore it as i get the sense that after a certain point there was a reduction of certain obscurer aspects of continuity in favour of utilising more popular or mainstream bits.

One thing i loved was that over in Iron Man there was Detroit Steel aka Lt Doug Johnson and it was obvious to me that this was a little wink to the obscure GA strip Jap Buster Johnson who was also Lt Doug Johnson - a grandson or great nephew. Even cooler was that we also got a JB Johnson reappearance in All Winners.
    I think this is true, especially as Stan and Jack were creating the new Marvel Universe. And even moreso today, where 'obscure' characters tend to mean anyone that doesn't have a movie appearance.

I'm behind on my Iron Man reading, but that sounds cool. I do love Gillen's writing. And then there's some writers, like Robinson and Fraction, and I guess Jenkins, are interested and well read on that era.

I think I owe you a PM. I'm really behind. Will try to get to it this week, though.

I will look forward to it - may not be around much for a while though as i was intending to get down to some writing today, but will pop back later.

BANNED

I will look forward to it - may not be around much for a while though as i was intending to get down to some writing today, but will pop back later.
    I'm in and out also, today. Good luck with the writing!

BANNED

Also been thinking about sending in a list of stories for the 75th Anniversary Omnibus. Which single Invader story would folks recommend?

Well i ended up prevaricating and not doing any writing but i've done lots of pre reading over old stuff, shifting pieces of paper from one pile to another and organizing the hell out of my room!!!

Invaders story - introduction of Union Jack/Baron Blood

Also been thinking about sending in a list of stories for the 75th Anniversary Omnibus. Which single Invader story would folks recommend?
    Would Giant-Size Invaders #1 count?

BANNED

Well i ended up prevaricating and not doing any writing but i've done lots of pre reading over old stuff, shifting pieces of paper from one pile to another and organizing the hell out of my room!!!
    Hey, organizing and pre-reading is pre-writing!

I haven't started on the interior yet, but my front yard is starting to look like someone lives here.... which I haven't for a few months. O_O

Invaders story - introduction of Union Jack/Baron Blood
    Good choice!

Would Giant-Size Invaders #1 count?
    I don't see why not. That's the origin story, right?

Hey, organizing and pre-reading is pre-writing!

I haven't started on the interior yet, but my front yard is starting to look like someone lives here.... which I haven't for a few months. O_O

Lol - yes it is. Some years ago i wrote 5 chapters of a second book in a series i'm doing and then got involved with an agent who liked more mainstream stuff so i ended up writing a new book about my Grandfather's life story (quite fascinating stuff) - that was 2010 - wrote several books since and only now just getting back to my Darke Times novel and THAT is what i was reading earlier to remind myself! I did quite a good job on those chapters if i say so myself - i base that on engrossing myself while re-reading! Lol

Good choice!

[B]Most of the run was excellent

I don't see why not. That's the origin story, right?
    Can't go wrong with starting at the start

BANNED

Lol - yes it is. Some years ago i wrote 5 chapters of a second book in a series i'm doing and then got involved with an agent who liked more mainstream stuff so i ended up writing a new book about my Grandfather's life story (quite fascinating stuff) - that was 2010 - wrote several books since and only now just getting back to my Darke Times novel and THAT is what i was reading earlier to remind myself! I did quite a good job on those chapters if i say so myself - i base that on engrossing myself while re-reading! Lol
    Always nice to see what you wrote earlier was actually good stuff.

How cool! I bet it is a great story about your grandfather. I keep thinking I need to write down my Mom's story, as she is Okinawan and was 11 years old when the island was invaded by the US. My maternal uncle wrote a book about some of the family stuff, but it's all in Japanese. I need to get that translated.

Most of the run was excellent. Can't go wrong with starting at the start
    I brought the first Classic Invaders volume with me to read and refresh my poor memory.