Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomReporter View Post
    Very interesting - the preview for AN-Invaders 7 has UJ and Spitfire in the pacific circa July 1945 - no sign of Whizzer and Miss America.

While there's no massive reason the British Invaders shouldn't be in on a mission against the Japanese, despite having seemingly said goodbye to the team in late April, i wonder if their presence is an oversight by James Robinson who forgot Whizzer and Miss America were members at this time? Of course if the latter two show up as well, then that negates my concern.
    I always thought that Whizzer and Miss America tended to be more USA-based, and Union Jack and Spitfire were active in the adventures outside of North America.

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I always thought that Whizzer and Miss America tended to be more USA-based, and Union Jack and Spitfire were active in the adventures outside of North America.
    This was true up until late April/Early May 1945. What If 4 shows that as soon as the war in Europe was won, UJ and Spitfire were left behind to help with the rebuilding and the rest of the team were called back to the States where the new Cap and Bucky joined and Whizzer and Miss A were assigned to the team as regular members. The team then relocated to the Pacific Theatre to fight the Japanese and Whizzer and Miss America were with them.

Now if we add in details from THE TWELVE, we can estimate that Whizzer and Miss America had already been in Europe and there was a gap between SPEARHEAD where Steve was Cap (days before his final mission) and late April as seen in The Twelve 1 where William Nasland was Cap. CA and Bucky II must logicaly have been introduced to the team in this gap and it was after the gap that the team was summoned back to Washington minus UJ and Spitfire. Whizzer and Miss A must have also returned from Europe at the same time and the Liberty Legion was disbanded and then they're asked by FDR to join the Invaders.

By July 1945 they were firmly established members fighting in the Pacific Theatre. UJ and Spitfire being in on this mission must be a new development following their leaving in late April/start of May - possibly because Spitfire's powers were needed and Whizzer might have been injured.

BANNED

Happy Fourth of July, fellow Invader fans! There's a few things of interest on CBR for us on this patriotic day -- patriotic for those of us that are American.

Invaders #7 preview: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=22474

Here's the page which shows the roster Phantom Reporter is talking about.

An article on 20 Patriots - Red, White and Blue Characters at Marvel. This includes Invaders such as Miss America, Bucky, and Cap, as well as Patriot.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53847

And lastly, The Line Is Drawn features Captain America team-up / mash-ups. Here's my favorite, Captain America if Done by Norman Rockwell by Marco d'Alfonso.

http://m7781.deviantart.com/

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...ptain-america/
    Last edited by Rheged; 07-04-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Fantastic Member

The Revenant - good character. Now seemingly the first black hero.
    Reno Jones, a.k.a. one of the Ghost Riders (Phantom Riders) of the old West, would contest that. So would Splice of the Young Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Reno Jones, a.k.a. one of the Ghost Riders (Phantom Riders) of the old West, would contest that. So would Splice of the Young Gods.
    To clarify, i meant of the Golden Age/20th century.

If anybody wants, I've started the Invaders/All-Winners Squad, etc. Survivor Game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If anybody wants, I've started the Invaders/All-Winners Squad, etc. Survivor Game.
    OMG. Too soooooon! I haven't recovered from the last game.

BANNED

Looking forward to picking up today's ALL NEW INVADERS #7 --even with the scary Greg Land cover.

ugh, that is a terrible cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    ugh, that is a terrible cover.
    But if it maybe attracts Manga readers, . . .

I've just had a thought - with the new status quo adjustment for Captain America, does this mean Steve Rogers won't be in the title or if he is, relegated to supporting cast.

I wonder how this would impact on James Robinson's plans - did he anticipate this as issue one was being prepped or have no idea it was coming until a few issues in and had to make changes. Would he in that instance have continued his plans with one less team member or introduced another sooner than he would have. Radiance feels like she was planned for so maybe we'll get Toro or UJ or Spitfire or more becoming a regular sooner than anticipated.

Has anyone read any interviews or articles that would answer these questions?

I enjoyed this issue. Robinson continues to write Torch so well. He is truly the star of this book. Can't wait to see what he does with Toro starting next issue.

I've just had a thought - with the new status quo adjustment for Captain America, does this mean Steve Rogers won't be in the title or if he is, relegated to supporting cast.

I wonder how this would impact on James Robinson's plans - did he anticipate this as issue one was being prepped or have no idea it was coming until a few issues in and had to make changes. Would he in that instance have continued his plans with one less team member or introduced another sooner than he would have. Radiance feels like she was planned for so maybe we'll get Toro or UJ or Spitfire or more becoming a regular sooner than anticipated.

I haven't seen anything regarding any potential changes to the book as a result of Steve's change.

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    I enjoyed this issue. Robinson continues to write Torch so well. He is truly the star of this book. Can't wait to see what he does with Toro starting next issue.
    Yes, I enjoyed today's issue as well. Robinson loves writing Jim and it shows.

I don't know, but I can speculate, given how on top of his continuity Robinson has been, that he must have known this was going to happen. I love Stever, but I love Namor, Buck & Jim more so I'm just fine with them getting a larger share of the spotlight in this series.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I hope I get my copy by Saturday. My LCS has really dropped the ball this month.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy