Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    …but I'm curious as to how Toro is both a mutant and an Inhuman.
    Yep so now he has both the x-gene and Inhuman genes. Luna could have been as Pietro and Crystal's daughter but her non-human genes cancelled each other out. Unless his being a Inhuman was mistaken for being a mutant, but that would possibly mean he had some exposure to Terrigen mist in his unknown past. And he also has Horton cells. Whew!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    That would not surprise me, this is probably an attempt to distinguish him more from the Torches.
    Johnny Storm is a mutate, Jim Hammond is a synthezoid, Thomas Raymond is a mutant, they're already different enough. And Dante aka Inferno is already an "Inhuman" Torch. (Bad pun, I know.) Oh well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Yep so now he has both the x-gene and Inhuman genes. Luna could have been as Pietro and Crystal's daughter but her non-human genes cancelled each other out. Unless his being a Inhuman was mistaken for being a mutant, but that would possibly mean he had some exposure to Terrigen mist in his unknown past. And he also has Horton cells. Whew!

Johnny Storm is a mutate, Jim Hammond is a synthezoid, Thomas Raymond is a mutant, they're already different enough. And Dante aka Inferno is already an "Inhuman" Torch. (Bad pun, I know.) Oh well.
    That's too bad they already gave Toro's powers to a new character. Inhuman Torch could have worked for Toro!

Back in the day they could have mistaken Toro as a mutant, but once they set it in stone that the mutants all had an X-gene, not so much. And yes! That's exactly what I was thinking. His backstory / origin is getting real muddled.

That's too bad they already gave Toro's powers to a new character. Inhuman Torch could have worked for Toro!

Back in the day they could have mistaken Toro as a mutant, but once they set it in stone that the mutants all had an X-gene, not so much. And yes! That's exactly what I was thinking. His backstory / origin is getting real muddled.
    That is true, however Robinsons strength is working with/ incorporating/ respecting a characters continuity. I have faith that he will work it out .... somehow.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

No problem, as they are one of my favorites, also. I'm actually trying to figure out if I should I redo the whole Countdown To Invaders thread or not.

Speaking of Toro ... Did everyone see this tidbit that James Robinson at C2E2?

Not sure what I think about that.
    Whatever you do threadwise, cool.

Toro as an Inhuman? Not sure how I feel about that myself since others have explained he has x X genes too (thanks Ravin' Ray) Guess I would have to read it first.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Also glad this thread is back, if only to echo what others have said: Invaders are a favorite of mine as well.

I think Robinson said Toro won't be a mutant. Mutant Inhuman was Bendis's explanation for the Beyonder, right?

This new direction for Toro could be a positive thing if they actually stick with it. I think more than anything what that character needs is a consistent direction. Since they've brought him back, they've introduced the mutant retcon and sobbed about his wife and not done much else. If the Inhuman thing provides Toro with new stories, then good, otherwise it will only make him more of a muddle. Robinson seems to plan out character direction like this pretty well, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    I think Robinson said Toro won't be a mutant. Mutant Inhuman was Bendis's explanation for the Beyonder, right?

This new direction for Toro could be a positive thing if they actually stick with it. I think more than anything what that character needs is a consistent direction. Since they've brought him back, they've introduced the mutant retcon and sobbed about his wife and not done much else. If the Inhuman thing provides Toro with new stories, then good, otherwise it will only make him more of a muddle. Robinson seems to plan out character direction like this pretty well, though.
    Did he? I missed that. I could live that, probably better than him being both.

We did have the Torch mini-series where we also found out he has Jim Hammond's synthetic cells... or was that the mutant retcon?

I agree, however, Toro, needs some consistent page time -- as do other Invaders. That said, I'm not so sure Robinson is going to be able to do that in this book. He's got a lot of plates he is juggling.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

We did have the Torch mini-series where we also found out he has Jim Hammond's synthetic cells... or was that the mutant retcon?
    As I recall from the 80's Book of the Dead, Tom's parents' exposure to asbestos caused him to be conceived as a mutant. And then Alex Ross wrote it in that mini that his mother was a mole in Horton's lab and inadvertently (and presumably unintentionally) passed on the Horton cells to him.

Did he? I missed that. I could live that, probably better than him being both.

I agree, however, Toro, needs some consistent page time -- as do other Invaders. That said, I'm not so sure Robinson is going to be able to do that in this book. He's got a lot of plates he is juggling.
    I found it, it was in an article on this very site.

"All-New Invaders" #8-10 will have a story that re-introduces Toro. Readers will discover that he is not a mutant -- but is an Inhuman. Hammond, Winter Soldier, Cap and Namor will try save him and ultimately have to fight every single Deathlok in the Marvel Universe.
    I'm skeptical about Toro's page time, too. I don't want to get doom and gloom in the Invaders thread, but it strikes me that Marvel is planning "seasons" of stories instead of long-running ongoings and I think to cement a direction w/a minor character like Toro the latter is more helpful. His problem going into this was that all the recent Invaders stuff has been minis, and we get a lot of these details like the Horton cells stuff but not a lot of consistent follow-through.

Ah, the Invaders survived the reboot. Many thanks, Rheg! :smile:

You know, I still have the latest issue of All-New Invaders sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. I really need to get round to that.

Bring on the Brits!! Bring on Union Jack, Spitfire & Captain Kerosene!!

Quote Originally Posted by highwayguy View Post
    Bring on the Brits!! Bring on Union Jack and Spitfire !

I'll second that.

Peace

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Loving the All-New Invaders! Robinson, Pugh and company are doing a great job. Like many, I'm looking forward to Toro's re-introduction and how his relationship with his former mentor, his best friend and the rest of his 'brothers' is portrayed.

Sheesh! I feel like I've just broken out of an ice floe and getting re-acquainted with this strange new world of CBR.

BANNED

The Invaders are awesome!
    I just hope this series has some staying power.
    They are too good a team and dynamic to let go of.

Plus, Robinson is the best he's been in years.
    Hoping with F4 and this he can craft something as good as Starman.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    Loving the All-New Invaders! Robinson, Pugh and company are doing a great job. Like many, I'm looking forward to Toro's re-introduction and how his relationship with his former mentor, his best friend and the rest of his 'brothers' is portrayed.
    I liked Robinson's Earth 2. It was a bit of a slow burn. His All New Invaders though so far as been phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    Sheesh! I feel like I've just broken out of an ice floe and getting re-acquainted with this strange new world of CBR.
    Me too. It does feel kind of like that I would imagine...

Any love for the All-Winners Squad

and the Liberty Legion, too?