Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Agents of SHIELD is shown on Channel 4. Channel 4 has indicated that they have no plans to show Agent Carter.

as for the source of my above post, re: Hayley. It comes from her twitter account.
    I surrender to the Contest

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    Agents of SHIELD is shown on Channel 4. Channel 4 has indicated that they have no plans to show Agent Carter.

as for the source of my above post, re: Hayley. It comes from her twitter account.
    Well, that suxs. I hope Atwell is successful and soon.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I found this funny.

Yes, I'm easily amused.

And now, I'd really like to see this in a comic.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-15-2015 at 10:56 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I found this funny.

Yes, I'm easily amused.

And now, I'd really like to see this in a comic.
    Best I could find is

LOL! That's great! Thanks.

Invaders in next week's Fantastic Four preview! Though this must actually take place after the next issue of Invaders, since Falcon Cap is with them as an Invader?

I thought Namor was dead, being recently killed by Black Panther for a number of reasons?
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

I just caught up with the current series. It's definitely got an old-school feel to it, but there's something to be said for how the book is paced and how it can keep so many threads moving. (Or maybe it helps that I read it all at once?)

I really liked seeing the status quo evolve. For a series about the past, at least in a sense, rooted in the history of the MU, there's a lot of tying in to the moving parts of Marvel continuity. Iron Cross makes a joke about it— Steve is old, Namor's in trouble, Bucky's doing space stuff, but it's not just them. Toro's an Inhuman now and Iron Cross herself is a product of that crossover, Jim's job is changing… but their attempts to make their old dynamic work play off all this in an interesting way.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

[QUOTE inhuman X;854966]I thought Namor was dead, being recently killed by Black Panther for a number of reasons?[/QUOTE]
    You do know that the Avengers books 'Time runs out' takes place after those FF scenes right?
    X-Men Forever

Yeah, the Avengers books are skipped ahead right now.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by inhuman X View Post
    I thought Namor was dead, being recently killed by Black Panther for a number of reasons?
    You do know that the Avengers books 'Time runs out' takes place after those FF scenes right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    Yeah, the Avengers books are skipped ahead right now.
    Right.

But it's Falcon Cap who is out of place storywise / chronologically.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    I just caught up with the current series. It's definitely got an old-school feel to it, but there's something to be said for how the book is paced and how it can keep so many threads moving. (Or maybe it helps that I read it all at once?)

I really liked seeing the status quo evolve. For a series about the past, at least in a sense, rooted in the history of the MU, there's a lot of tying in to the moving parts of Marvel continuity. Iron Cross makes a joke about it— Steve is old, Namor's in trouble, Bucky's doing space stuff, but it's not just them. Toro's an Inhuman now and Iron Cross herself is a product of that crossover, Jim's job is changing… but their attempts to make their old dynamic work play off all this in an interesting way.
    Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I found the pacing a bit slow in the first arc, but I was probably impatient. But yes, it's amazing how many threads Robinson crammed in and kept going. I think the last issue, the one without any Invaders, was the only one I thought was more of an info dump, then his usual adept plate twirling. Of course, knowing that was one less book with the Invaders appearing (we've only got two more), may have had something to do with that.

I agree entirely with your last paragraph. I love the old school vibe, and how Robinson makes the book feel part of the MU with nods to events in other books. You don't see that much any more.

What did you think of the art? I loved Mukesh Singh's covers from the first arc, as well as Steve Pugh's art. Marc Lamming does a great job too, though his art is less ... superheroey? And if you've read this thread, you know I can't say enough good things about P.Craig Russell's work.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

True but he joins in 14 this month so not too much out of place. After all there's only two issues of Invaders left
    X-Men Forever

[QUOTE You do know that the Avengers books 'Time runs out' takes place after those FF scenes right?
    No, I can't keep up with everything and when something goes out of synch with yet is linked to more prominent titles I catch every now and then I can get thrown off.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

True but he joins in 14 this month so not too much out of place. After all there's only two issues of Invaders left
    Yep, in the long run, it will seem simultaneous and fall into place, but week to week, it's a little confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    No, I can't keep up with everything and when something goes out of synch with yet is linked to more prominent titles I catch every now and then I can get thrown off.
    That's on Hickman and his 8 month time jump for the Avengers books.