Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman X View Post
    No, I can't keep up with everything and when something goes out of synch with yet is linked to more prominent titles I catch every now and then I can get thrown off.
    Alrighty then
    X-Men Forever

Now more than ever it's time to show your Namor Appreciation. Show it. live it. Wear it. Somebody shared this link for an awesome looking shirt a few months back. I just ordered mine (Organic T-, Black). Wear'em to conventions. Wear them to the bar or the gym or to school or to work or to buy your comics. Solidarity and justice for Atlantis.

Spread the word on social media: #imperiusrexforever. Go viral. Bury the haters with our love and admiration for the one, true Sub-Mariner.

IMPERIUS REX FOREVER

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I repeat, an excellent idea, Chief Jon!

Namor's murder is only going to make me savor these last two issues of Invaders even more.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Preview up for next's week's Invaders! Lots of Torch and Toro?? When did he pop out of the cocoon? Are skipping that or will it be a flashback? Oh, and Iron Cross, too.

I'm loving Robinson's writing here and Pugh's art -- going strong till the end.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=25679

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

nearly finished reading Vol 2 of the complete collection. I've absolutely loved it. The Invaders Vol. 1 from the 70s is awesome. the 90s 4-issue mini Vol 2 is pretty decent, although the glaringly-90s artwork is a mindbender with the period story/characters. Giant Size #2 is frankly pants. I dunno why they bothered. About to read What If? #4 which is the one with Jeff and Naslund becoming Cap in.
    I surrender to the Contest

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Preview up for next's week's Invaders! Lots of Torch and Toro?? When did he pop out of the cocoon? Are skipping that or will it be a flashback? Oh, and Iron Cross, too.
    Toro doesn't seem to have changed at all going by the preview alone, so I'm really dying to know what his new powers are. Also, will he finally adapt the "Inhuman Torch" name?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Toro doesn't seem to have changed at all going by the preview alone, so I'm really dying to know what his new powers are. Also, will he finally adapt the "Inhuman Torch" name?
    Ha! They probably will go with the Inhuman Torch, if this is the extent of his change.

I'm guessing, from the location and time reference at the beginning of the first page, that this may be pages from the middle or even end of the book, instead of the first pages.

I'm also wondering, WTF? with Iron Cross and Toro and the Neo-Nazis?? Doesn't Robinson have enough to wrap in two issues? Why another plotline?
    Last edited by Reviresco; 01-25-2015 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wessex View Post
    nearly finished reading Vol 2 of the complete collection. I've absolutely loved it. The Invaders Vol. 1 from the 70s is awesome. the 90s 4-issue mini Vol 2 is pretty decent, although the glaringly-90s artwork is a mindbender with the period story/characters. Giant Size #2 is frankly pants. I dunno why they bothered. About to read What If? #4 which is the one with Jeff and Naslund becoming Cap in.
    I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.

I'm trying to remember what was in Giant Size #2. What If? 4 was released before the Invaders series, wasn't it?

That was good stuff back then . . . and the artwork from the Volume 2 issues didn't feel so "glaringly 90s" if you read it when it was originally published.

I don't know if they're included, but the Fantastic Four Annual with the Invaders and the Marvel Two-in-One Annual and issue with the Liberty Legion were also great reads.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 01-25-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it.

I'm trying to remember what was in Giant Size #2. What If? 4 was released before the Invaders series, wasn't it?
    What If #4 was cover-dated August 1977, the same cover date as Invaders #19.

Giant-Size Invaders #2 was from 2005 and had a new story written by Roy Thomas as well as the story from issues #1 and #2 of the first Invaders series and some Golden Age material.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That was good stuff back then . . . and the artwork from the Volume 2 issues didn't feel so "glaringly 90s" if you read it when it was originally published.

I don't know if they're included, but the Fantastic Four Annual with the Invaders and the Marvel Two-in-One Annual and issue with the Liberty Legion were also great reads.
    I don't think so, cause I believe the two Complete Collections are reprinting the four Classic Invaders trades. If so, it has the Marvel Premiere issues, but not the FF and Marvel Two In One issues. Those were all collected with the Invaders issues in a hardcover, The Thing: Liberty Legion.

To be honest, I like the 90s art on Invaders more than Robbins' work on Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What If #4 was cover-dated August 1977, the same cover date as Invaders #19.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...1-what-if-.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...vaders-the.jpg

Giant-Size Invaders #2 was from 2005 and had a new story written by Roy Thomas as well as the story from issues #1 and #2 of the first Invaders series and some Golden Age material.

Thank you for the clarification. I love that Giant Size 2 cover art. I'd forgotten about the content, but not that cover.

the What If? #4 is in the back of Vol. 2 as a kinda post-script since it's chronologically the last story Roy wrote. GSI #2 takes place in summer '42 after the spring '42 setting of the mini. the new story is: Miss A, Torch and Namor meet a plane flying into the States. Churchill's visiting FDR. They land, FDR gets Churchill in his car (adapted for his condition), drives off like the blazes, leaving Cap and the secret service behind they get ambushed by two Nazis who take a growth pill that makes them giants. the Invaders fight them, they die. Cap makes a ham-fistedly written comment on the danger of facing a fanatical suicidal enemy clearly foreshadowing the trouble with al-Qaeda. the end. if it was the only new story, it's no wonder it seems short and rushed.

Vol. 1 of the trades contains the Avengers issue from '69 that has Vision, Black Panther and Yellowjacket getting time-warped to Paris in '42 to fight Cap, Subby and Torch.
    I surrender to the Contest

the What If? #4 is in the back of Vol. 2 as a kinda post-script since it's chronologically the last story Roy wrote. GSI #2 takes place in summer '42 after the spring '42 setting of the mini. the new story is: Miss A, Torch and Namor meet a plane flying into the States. Churchill's visiting FDR. They land, FDR gets Churchill in his car (adapted for his condition), drives off like the blazes, leaving Cap and the secret service behind they get ambushed by two Nazis who take a growth pill that makes them giants. the Invaders fight them, they die. Cap makes a ham-fistedly written comment on the danger of facing a fanatical suicidal enemy clearly foreshadowing the trouble with al-Qaeda. the end. if it was the only new story, it's no wonder it seems short and rushed.

Vol. 1 of the trades contains the Avengers issue from '69 that has Vision, Black Panther and Yellowjacket getting time-warped to Paris in '42 to fight Cap, Subby and Torch.
    Thank you for the recap of that story. IIRC, Roy Thomas said he really would like a book that he could get excited about and plot a bit with. I think he wasn't as excited by the one off stories, they don't really go anywhere.

So I came up with this a while back and posted it to the Perfect X-Team thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    New Concept!
    WWII X-Force
    Black Ops Nazi Slaughtering Shadow Invaders

Master Mind Excello (US Naval Intelligence Service, Peak human condition, precognition, telepathy, team commander coordinating different operatives)
    John Steele (WWI veteran operating independently with the French Resistance & other partisan groups, Super Strong & Invulnerable commando)
    Crimson Commando (Frank Bonham, American OSS, mutant with peak human reflexes, senses and physical abilities and power of misdirection)
    Dr. Nemesis (Bradley, James Bradley; American OSS, MD, biochemist, infiltrator, super-intellect)
    Wolverine (Canadian SAS, Bone claws, Healing Factor, Heightened senses, Best there is at what he does)
    Magneto (juvenile, untested, Jewish partisan, with sketchy control of his powers, falls in with the team after being liberated from Auschwitz)
    Namor, the Sub-Mariner (non-stealth member of the team to be summoned for air support/Naval support)
    I think this team could be a lot of fun and ripe with opportunities to be working in parallel to the Invaders or the Liberty Legion as a sort-of-proto-X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    So I came up with this a while back and posted it to the Perfect X-Team thread:

I think this team could be a lot of fun and ripe with opportunities to be working in parallel to the Invaders or the Liberty Legion as a sort-of-proto-X-Force.
    My immediate reaction was, sign me up for anything involving Dr. Nemesis and Namor, especially if it's written by Si Spurrier.

However, then I remembered, that Dr. Nemesis was a Nazi during WWII. I really wish the X-books hadn't ignored that confrontation.

It's an interesting team, but I'd say leave Wolverine off. He tends to hog the spotlight. And maybe Magneto also, as it could confuse continuity even more.