Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I love all the stuff with Golden Age heroes and stories set in World War II and stuff. (I'm still pissed that Marvel just ended the All-Winners Squad: Band of Heroes without at least releasing the remaing issues in at least a tpb collection or something.)

But I'm old. I'm not who Marvel is targeting. And those people they really want probably don't give a damn about anything that happened in the previous century, let alone comic book characters older then their grandparents.

Unfortunately.
    Do not get me started on All Winners Squad. I loved that book. I can't believe they let Jenkins finish his Ka-zar series, which wasn't selling any better, but they didn't let him finish All Winners. Like you'd have settled for it being finished in trade, even.

I guess I'm old too, but there's plenty of out there, many with more money than younger people to spend. Plus, there IS an audience. You wouldn't have History Channel, or the first Cap movie or Agent Carter, if there weren't fans of this stuff. But like the superheroes, I guess it doesn't translate to buying comics.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    if Robinson gets an Avengers book post Secret Wars i would bet on Torch and/or Namor showing up. didn't he say he had a really great Namor story for All New Invaders? shame that with the book getting canceled we may not ever see it.
    Yes he did. And it breaks my heart that we won't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    I could actually see Hammond leading the Avengers. Talk about All-New All-Different. I really hope Robinson take on Avengers.
    Wow. I can't see it, myself (unless Robinson got the Avengers book -- another longshot), though I'd be happy if it occurred!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Wonder if any of the newer characters will get a place in post Secret wars stories. I actually liked Radiance, she was different. And namor and torch on an avengers book? Count me in if that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    It would be GREAT to see one of those mystery nations on Battleworld be Golden Age related.

I could definitely see Hammond leading an Avengers team with Radiance, Iron Cross, Toro and others. I think Robinson has seeded enough through ANI that there are more than a few possibilities for him during the Secret Wars era we're heading into . I'd prefer to see him do more with Hammond and Namor and the others, but I think we could also get something really good with Killraven or the Eternals too. I'd even welcome a revival of Agents of Atlas under his pen given that Parker seems to be off Marvel books for the time being. Or the surviving heroes of the Twelve! It would be so great to see some of them make a comeback (Master Mind Excello for the win!).
    The more I think about it, the more likely it seems to me that Robinson will be doing something with New Mars.

Assuming they don't leave Namor dead for a while . . .
    Hmmmm.

I'm hoping for the same as many of you, Robinson to continue on in with these characters, especially with Namor and Torch. Plus, something in Battleworld with the Golden Age characters. People can ask Axel Alonso about either or both in the Questions for Axel thread. He probably won't answer, but at least he will see that there's fans looking for this sort of stuff.

http://community.comicbookresources....estions/page29
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well, it looks like our concerns have been addressed. It doesn't look like Marvel is wiping out it's pre-FF heroes.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59151

Garth Ennis will be doing a Phantom Eagle mini. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more appearances of the old guard, especially the Invaders. : )

ImprobableQuestion pointed out that Iron Cross was on a variant cover for Guardians Team Up!

Happy to see it, though I'm beyond miffed that the Inhumans (who have far less history and significance) are getting a 50th Anniversary celebration with variant covers and posters and stuff, and Namor and Torch get a big fat zero for their 75th Anniversary. The power of movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    . . . I'm beyond miffed that the Inhumans (who have far less history and significance) are getting a 50th Anniversary celebration with variant covers and posters and stuff, and Namor and Torch get a big fat zero for their 75th Anniversary. The power of movies.
    Well, don't forget that a few years ago we did have

As it should be.

Now, it's the 75th Anniversary, which starts with Namor and Torch in Marvel Comics #1. They could have at least given us an Alex Ross 75th poster of the Torch and Namor fight.

The Battleworld Map has been updated, and NEW MARS indeed will be dealing with Killraven. Hopefully, that means we'll see Robinson finish up the story he started in Invaders, and hopefully with the Brits, Union Jack, Spitfire and The Destroyer. Oh, and maybe Bucky!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Eternals stuff will also be addressed in Secret Wars, hopefully with the rest of the Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The Battleworld Map has been updated, and NEW MARS indeed will be dealing with Killraven. Hopefully, that means we'll see Robinson finish up the story he started in Invaders, and hopefully with the Brits, Union Jack, Spitfire and The Destroyer. Oh, and maybe Bucky!

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Eternals stuff will also be addressed in Secret Wars, hopefully with the rest of the Invaders.
    Nothing would make me happier for this!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Za Is No Leader View Post
    Nothing would make me happier for this!
    Me too!

Also, discovered that the annual crossover with Spidey, Cap and the Inhumans is going to feature ... Red Raven! I had no interest in this before reading this article and hearing that. Though ... I was pretty sure Red Raven was dead.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...lateral-damage

ahh..seems Robinson will tell his tale after all.
    that god whisper thing seems to be a very valuable asset in battleworld.
    imagine using that thing on an alt-thor (with no enchantments) or two
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    ahh..seems Robinson will tell his tale after all.
    that god whisper thing seems to be a very valuable asset in battleworld.
    imagine using that thing on an alt-thor (with no enchantments) or two
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is so. It would really suck if they gave the Killraven story to someone else.

Yes, it would! Especially with the Thor Corps patrolling Battleworld.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Rereading Vol 2 this afternoon, and I don't think any comic from that era still holds the exact same energy it had for me when it came out. So much going on in what can be a brisk read or something I take my time with, appreciate all the art, the depth of the writing that doesn't shout about itself or pat itself on the back.

And who doesn't love the Spider Queen?

Does anyone know if Slott's Flaming Skull/Destroyer story was ever reprinted/collected anywhere?

Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    And who doesn't love the Spider Queen?

My, how times change . . . no way you could get away with dialogue like "This stuff is going to help me put a damper on some of these gay fellows" . . .

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Bought this one on the spot.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

My, how times change . . . no way you could get away with dialogue like "This stuff is going to help me put a damper on some of these gay fellows" . . .

LOL.

Peace