Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Brain damage? You mean all the jumping around or the plot thread left dangling?

I'm familiar with the artists (and like them), but not with the writer. I didn't check the editor, but I assume it isn't Mark Panicca ... wait, he's not on X-Men anymore, is he? What's he doing now?
    The plot threads. Panic left X-Men earlier this year for Star Wars. Zdarsky said Invaders is a spiritual successor to his Marvel Two-In-One run thematically, and that's a neat book.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The plot threads. Panic left X-Men earlier this year for Star Wars. Zdarsky said Invaders is a spiritual successor to his Marvel Two-In-One run thematically, and that's a neat book.
    I have to agree on the plot threads. Way too many things left unresolved.

Interesting. I guess I'll have to read Marvel Two In One. It will be interesting to see how he ties the WWII stuff to the present era stuff.

Thanks for the info on Panicca.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

. . . Interesting. I guess I'll have to read Marvel Two In One. It will be interesting to see how he ties the WWII stuff to the present era stuff.
    Does that mean maybe the stories from 1976's Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1 and Marvel Two-In-One #20 get brought up again?

Maybe if Zdarsky's run gets enough issues. But I think he meant his own run on Marvel Two In One.

https://www.marvel.com/comics/series...2017_-_present

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Maybe if Zdarsky's run gets enough issues. But I think he meant his own run on Marvel Two In One.
    That's a shame, because also in 1976, in a story that comes immediately before Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1, Ben and the other members of the FF had gone back in time to 1942 and met up with The Invaders (in a story drawn by John Buscema).

Perhaps it's just as well, though, since back in 1976, both Reed and Ben had actually been in WWII.

And, by the way, in relation to this:
    . . . Question came up in another thread. Is the Human Torch in Zdarsky's run going to Jim Hammond or Johnny Storm?
    Previewsworld posted this back in October:

NYCC 2018: Marvel's Invaders Returns With New Line-Up And Old Frenemies
    Oct 04, 2018
    With their 80th anniversary just around the corner in 2019, Marvel Comics is feeling kind of nostalgic it seems. Earlier today at New York Comic Con, the publisher announced the revival of Marvel Comics Presents next year. As well as the return of Crypt of Shadows, Journey Into Unknown Worlds, and War Is Hell. Now, Marvel goes back even further to some of their oldest heroes with The Invaders #1 (above).

From Marvel:
    Writer Chip Zdarsky will team up with penciler Carlos Magno to bring the new story of the Invaders to life in INVADERS #1 in January 2019! Artist Butch Guice will create the cover; Mico Suayan and Alex Ross will provide variant covers.
    Marvel's first super team made its first appearance in AVENGERS #71 back in 1969. The WWII-era team consisted of Captain America, Bucky Barnes, the Human Torch (plus his sidekick Toro), and Namor. The powerful foursome will reunite this winter -- with Bucky as the Winter Soldier and Namor as their enemy. INVADERS #1 will see Cap, Bucky, and Johnny Storm facing Namor down as the Sub-Mariner tries to unleash a new deadly threat.
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Articl...-Old-Frenemies

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    That's a shame, because also in 1976, in a story that comes immediately before Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1, Ben and the other members of the FF had gone back in time to 1942 and met up with The Invaders (in a story drawn by John Buscema).

Perhaps it's just as well, though, since back in 1976, both Reed and Ben had actually been in WWII.
    I'd forgotten that annual! Thank you for posting it.

I think they were still saying that, but by 1976, it was pushing the WWII claim. That was 30 years later and would have made them, what, 55 years old?

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Liberty Legion and Miss America and The Patriot in this run.

And, by the way, in relation to this:
    Previewsworld posted this back in October:
    Well, I'm surprised it is Johnny Storm. But there it is.

I lived those 2 team-ups issues with the FF, the Invaders and the Liberty Legion!

Incredible Member

Its far more likely that previewsworld made a mistake though, lets be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I lived those 2 team-ups issues with the FF, the Invaders and the Liberty Legion!
    You "lived" them?!?

Dude, are you in your 80's?!?
    (That would make you closer to my Mom's age!)

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Actually, not really.

As was pointed out before, Robinson screwed around with Jim Hammond back in Squadron Supreme a couple of years ago.

And back in Robinson's All-New Invaders run a few years earlier, Toro also underwent changes/a power upgrade and was "revealed" to be an Inhuman.

You "lived" them?!?

I "lived" those issues too. As in, I bought that comic off the spinner rack.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    I hope so. Nothing against Johnny Storm, but I'd rather have Jim Hammond. He and Namor have a great relationship. Hey, the oldest friendship at Marvel!

Actually, not really.

As was pointed out before, Robinson screwed around with Jim Hammond back in Squadron Supreme a couple of years ago.

And back in Robinson's All-New Invaders run a few years earlier, Toro also underwent changes/a power upgrade and was "revealed" to be an Inhuman.

For someone who said he _liked_ these Golden Age characters, Robinson sure did trash them in Squadron Supreme. sigh.

You "lived" them?!?

I "lived" those issues too. As in, I bought that comic off the spinner rack.
    Hey, I was also a spinner-rack-buyer back in the 1970s (which is when/how I picked those up at store(s) in NJ that are no longer in business), but I wouldn't say I "lived them" since I never was alive in the 1940s when much of the action in those stories was set!

(Now, if Phoenixx9 said "I loved them", that's a sentiment I could totally understand and identify with!)

You "lived" them?!?

Actually, not really.

So is there still some weird editorial edict that there can't be two active Human Torches at the same time..? Where is Hammond now? What is this new Invaders mini about? Where is Tom Raymond?