Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So is there still some weird editorial edict that there can't be two active Human Torches at the same time..? Where is Hammond now? What is this new Invaders mini about? Where is Tom Raymond?
    Last time I recall seeing Hammond was during this Secret Empire tie in mini

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So is there still some weird editorial edict that there can't be two active Human Torches at the same time..? Where is Hammond now? What is this new Invaders mini about? Where is Tom Raymond?
    The guy previously known as "Toro" had some . . . changes . . . back in Robinson's All-New Invaders run a few years back and was revealed to be an Inhuman. I'm assuming that's where he might be?

i've said it before and i'll say it again, robinson's all new invaders was quietly fantastic. i don't remember it getting much buzz at the time, but i've read it through twice now and it's solid. between that and his great work on golden age/golden age legacy characters at DC during the 90s, robinson "gets" these older characters like few others do.

buzzed for the new mini-series by zdarsky (i think it's a mini-series?).

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    . . . between that and his great work on golden age/golden age legacy characters at DC during the 90s, robinson "gets" these older characters like few others do.
    Sometimes he does, but other times he seems to just trash them (though how much of that is his idea or editorial decisions isn't always clear).

from Robinson's Squadron Supreme

Even if Marvel hasn't officially said anything about that yet, it probably is a mini-/maxi-series.
    ('Cuz that seems to be the way Marvel rolls these days . . . )
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 12-13-2018 at 05:57 PM. Reason: replaced images that apparently no longer linked

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    . . . I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Liberty Legion and Miss America and The Patriot in this run.
    Which "Miss America" and "Patriot" do you mean?

I thought the Golden Age originals were both deceased, and the current name-legacy of Miss America is known as "Ms. America" (Also, where are Eli Bradley and Rayshaun Lucas these days?)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Which "Miss America" and "Patriot" do you mean?

I thought the Golden Age originals were both deceased, and the current name-legacy of Miss America is known as "Ms. America" (Also, where are Eli Bradley and Rayshaun Lucas these days?)
    There was a new Miss America introduced back in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE (I'm assuming that's who Reviresco means, and not Madelyn Joyce even though she was de-aged in The Last Days of Ant-Man one-shot because I think she was raised up by the end of the one-shot)

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    There was a new Miss America introduced back in AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE (I'm assuming that's who Reviresco means, and not Madelyn Joyce even though she was de-aged in The Last Days of Ant-Man one-shot because I think she was raised up by the end of the one-shot)
    I thought that America Chavez went by "Ms. America"?

Also, how much of the "Last Days" stuff is still in continuity these days? Didn't any of that get re-written / undone / wiped out after Secret Wars was done and the Earth was brought back (or whatever happened there)?

Incredible Member

I thought that America Chavez went by "Ms. America"?

Also, how much of the "Last Days" stuff is still in continuity these days? Didn't any of that get re-written / undone / wiped out after Secret Wars was done and the Earth was brought back (or whatever happened there)?
    Chavez is Ms your right, its not her I'm referring to her. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/File:Li...ol_1_1_001.jpg

That has an image of the Miss America I'm referring to (with the rest of the Liberteens)

As to the LAST DAYS stuff? I'm not entirely suremuch of that is in continuity but, at the same time, its not been outright contradicted.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Chavez is Ms your right, its not her I'm referring to her. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/File:Li...ol_1_1_001.jpg

That has an image of the Miss America I'm referring to (with the rest of the Liberteens).
    But she's shown there as also going with "Ms.".

Sometimes he does, but other times he seems to just trash them (though how much of that is his idea or editorial decisions isn't always clear).

Even if Marvel hasn't officially said anything about that yet, it probably is a mini-/maxi-series.
    ('Cuz that seems to be the way Marvel rolls these days . . . )
    That was the only part I was bothered by in Robinsons run. I sorta feel that editorial/management pushed him that way though. Could be wrong.

Either way it is very F-ed up that they would allow such a thing to happen to their first character. Death is one thing but that...it's just distasteful.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    . . . Does anyone know if Slott's Flaming Skull/Destroyer story was ever reprinted/collected anywhere?
    Believe it or not, if you're referring to:

Midnight Sons Unlimited #9 from 1995,
    it seems that was included in the

Destroyer by Robert Kirkman tpb collection released in August 2018 that collected the Kirkman-written Destroyer Marvel MAX series published in 2009.

Incredible Member

i've said it before and i'll say it again, robinson's all new invaders was quietly fantastic. i don't remember it getting much buzz at the time, but i've read it through twice now and it's solid. between that and his great work on golden age/golden age legacy characters at DC during the 90s, robinson "gets" these older characters like few others do.

I thought it was great too. Too bad the stories he wanted to tell kept getting derailed by "events". The Eternals sub-plot had a lot of potential too, even if we never got to see it developed.

from Invaders #1 (August 1975):

from Invaders #1 (August 1975):

Ah, yes, from the time when they put reminders of other comics at the bottom of the pages! I loved that!

From Invaders Annual #1 (1977):