Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Maybe if they do bring her back, the solution would be the Golden Age costume, but with silver instead of yellow/gold?
    Yes, that would be a great solution. She might look a little Art Deco / Ice Queen, but I'm cool with that.

By the way, let's not leave out . . . The Thin Man!

Who worked with both the Liberty Legion and The Invaders.
    Speaking of Art Deco ... I love that page for Thin Man. And yes, by all means. He was also in the New Invaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i don't think so. i wasn't a fan of that last volume of Young Avengers or that character at all.
    Hi! Glad to see you found this thread!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    No kidding! There's tons of stories I still want to see.

I never expected Invaders to be a big seller, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it will level off above the cancellation line. I think Robinson doing tie-ins to the events will help out there too.

Yay!!! Glad you got them, and even more happy you liked the story!
    Yeah, it was easy to jump for the price. I'm glad I did. I hope it does not get cancelled. Robinson has a really good handle on the characters thus far and I like how far-reaching his stories (well story) seems to be.

Still not crazy about Pugh, but I'll roll with it. Thank you for the perpetual nudge.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

. . . I never expected Invaders to be a big seller, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that it will level off above the cancellation line. I think Robinson doing tie-ins to the events will help out there too. . . .
    But id there's too much tie-in to events people aren't buying into, that could cost this book readers, too.

And I'm one of those who no longer buys Marvel EVENT Cross-overs . . . at present, Invaders is the only Marvel title I buy because I enjoy those characters. (And I dropped All-New Captain America because I didn't like the direction Rick Remender went with Cap.)

BANNED

But id there's too much tie-in to events people aren't buying into, that could cost this book readers, too.

And I'm one of those who no longer buys Marvel EVENT Cross-overs . . . at present, Invaders is the only Marvel title I buy because I enjoy those characters. (And I dropped All-New Captain America because I didn't like the direction Rick Remender went with Cap.)
    Yes, it's a tricky line to walk, but at least with Original Sin, it won't be the sort of tie-in that totally deflects the story. I don't think it's going to be much different than the first arc set up, or even Invader Now, where some event in the past rears up it's ugly head and has to be dealt with in the present.

I agree with as far as preference -- I love the books where writers can tell their own stories without constantly getting interrupted -- back in the pre-event days. Sadly, in this market, though, tie-ins to events bump sales, and allow books to continue longer.

BANNED

Here's Robinson's answer to your question, sort of:

Marvel.com: As a writer, what’s most important to do in taking a big event like Original Sin and folding it into Invaders?

James Robinson: In terms of recent times, this is the first one I’ve done and I think it’s very writer-friendly. I’m probably very fortunate to get this one first because it’s definitely an event where obviously there’s the big ongoing storyline that Jason Aaron is writing, and he’s told me the story and it’s absolutely fantastic. I’m very excited for everybody to read it, but I’m sure there are books that tie in very, very much with the Original Sin storyline, but at the same time for some of the books, especially for my books, it’s a sort of interesting springboard for your own ideas in your own book.

You should read Jason’s story because it’s fantastic and it’s beautifully drawn and it’s a really wonderful comic book. But if you just read the FANTASTIC FOUR or if you just read ALL-NEW INVADERS, you can enjoy these stories by themselves. They are springboards, but they take off in their own direction and are their own stories that tie-in with the characters. They focus on the characters in the book. You don’t have to read any other book to enjoy them. So in terms of being a writer, it’s the best sort of crossover to have first.

Down the line I’m sure I’ll get one of those ones where every Marvel hero is a panda. A panda version. By the way, that would be awesome, can I just say? If I ever get to write a Marvel crossover event, everyone’s going to be a panda.
    More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/4...#ixzz31FqOEgcb

Heh. I have a hard time imagining Panda Namor. LOL! Somehow I missed this interview from Marvel.com back in April. Some cool tidbits of info and insight. Though I saw, and I think posted, these pics of Radiance.

WWII Golden Girl by Marc Laming

Concept art by Retsu Tateo

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Here's Robinson's answer to your question, sort of:

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/4...#ixzz31FqOEgcb

Heh. I have a hard time imagining Panda Namor. LOL! Somehow I missed this interview from Marvel.com back in April. Some cool tidbits of info and insight. Though I saw, and I think posted, these pics of Radiance.

WWII Golden Girl by Marc Laming

Concept art by Retsu Tateo
    LOL... Panda Namor... I'm already used to Bucky Bear so that's not a big deal, but Panda Namor. Great, I know what I'll be thinking of when attempting to sleep tonight.

Thanks for reposting the Radiance designs. I'm loving WWII design: I vaguely remember saying I'd wear that as an outfit. I think that was some of the Marc Laming art that made me so eager to see him take over.

I reread the Cap Man with No Face arc tonight > forgot how good that was. One of the aspects, I enjoy about the Invaders is everyone lets everyone else just do their thing, but also work together as a team. The conflicts often bring them closer. At least in a few things, I've read. And it's a small enough team that I can learn about each character and enjoy their interaction with those I am already a fan of.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-09-2014 at 08:08 PM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    LOL... Panda Namor... I'm already used to Bucky Bear so that's not a big deal, but Panda Namor. Great, I know what I'll be thinking of when attempting to sleep tonight.
    Pandas are adorable, but I would think something aquatic, like Otter Namor, or something with pointy ears, like Lynx Namor.

Hmmmm. This is reminding me of the Marvel Apes Invaders.

Thanks for reposting the Radiance designs. I'm loving WWII design: I vaguely remember saying I'd wear that as an outfit. I think that was some of the Marc Laming art that made me so eager to see him take over.
    I agree, the WWII costume for Golden Girl is great and would be relatively easy to cosplay.

I reread the Cap Man with No Face arc tonight > forgot how good that was. One of the aspects, I enjoy about the Invaders is everyone lets everyone else just do their thing, but also work together as a team. The conflicts often bring them closer. At least in a few things, I've read. And it's a small enough team that I can learn about each character and enjoy their interaction with those I am already a fan of.
    I love that arc. It had such great characterization.

I think part of that is they know each other well, and how to work around their individual styles. Plus, they know however it gets done, they can count on each other.

The Marvel Apes Invaders turned out to be bad guy Nazi vampires, right? What an odd thing, comics.

i've never been a fan of stuff like that. heroes turning into apes or Hulks and whatnot.

i've never been a fan of stuff like that. heroes turning into apes or Hulks and whatnot.
    Least Marvel Apes was a seperate universe, not an inuniverse transformation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hrist View Post
    The Marvel Apes Invaders turned out to be bad guy Nazi vampires, right? What an odd thing, comics.
    O_o

WUT??? I didn't realize they were in the story, I thought it was just a variant cover. Really? They made the Invaders Nazi vampire apes??? I don't even ...

I did think all the apes on the cover looked sort of mean, and all had pronounced canines, but I put that down to artistic license. What kind of ape is Namor supposed to be? He almost looks wolf like. Perhaps a mandrill? And Torch and Toro?

I don't mind if it's a cover variant. I think as a story, it can get old VERY FAST. Actually, the ape covers kind of got old pretty quickly too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Least Marvel Apes was a seperate universe, not an inuniverse transformation.
    <mind boggles>

Ultimate Member

and the Liberty Legion, too?

All the love for the Liberty Legion!

Red Raven! Blue Diamond! Green Clovers! Okay, maybe not that last one...

O_o

WUT??? I didn't realize they were in the story, I thought it was just a variant cover. Really? They made the Invaders Nazi vampire apes??? I don't even ...

I did think all the apes on the cover looked sort of mean, and all had pronounced canines, but I put that down to artistic license. What kind of ape is Namor supposed to be? He almost looks wolf like. Perhaps a mandrill? And Torch and Toro?

I don't mind if it's a cover variant. I think as a story, it can get old VERY FAST. Actually, the ape covers kind of got old pretty quickly too.

<mind boggles>
    Yep , Earth 8101 http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-8101

"Home to simian versions of Marvel heroes and villains, this world is very similar to Earth-616, but also has a lot of differences. The justice system of this world is that villains are put on trial and if they refuse the join the "good guys", they are beaten to death. This reality's Captain America was replaced by Baron Blood and frozen in an iceberg. Baron Blood later sired this reality's Invaders as vampires, except Simian Torch because of his android nature, who they killed because of that."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    All the love for the Liberty Legion!

Red Raven! Blue Diamond! Green Clovers! Okay, maybe not that last one...
    Have we seen Jack Frost or Blue Diamond show up elsewhere in the MU? All the rest have appeared a few times in books and various incarnations of the Invaders, but I don't recall seeing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvidar View Post
    Yep , Earth 8101 http://marvel.wikia.com/Earth-8101

"Home to simian versions of Marvel heroes and villains, this world is very similar to Earth-616, but also has a lot of differences. The justice system of this world is that villains are put on trial and if they refuse the join the "good guys", they are beaten to death. This reality's Captain America was replaced by Baron Blood and frozen in an iceberg. Baron Blood later sired this reality's Invaders as vampires, except Simian Torch because of his android nature, who they killed because of that."
    Wow. That's just weird. And pretty much anti-Invaders.

I haven't read the new series yet but I'm a huge fan of the 70's Invaders series. This was one of the first comics I bought as a kid and the team has been a favourite of mine since then. I'm also a big fan of the Liberty Legion and Golden Age characters in general.

I'd love to see some of Marvel's lesser known characters appear in the new series, especially the Destroyer. While he was never a member of the Invaders I've always liked him.