Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I haven't read the new series yet but I'm a huge fan of the 70's Invaders series. This was one of the first comics I bought as a kid and the team has been a favourite of mine since then. I'm also a big fan of the Liberty Legion and Golden Age characters in general.

I'd love to see some of Marvel's lesser known characters appear in the new series, especially the Destroyer. While he was never a member of the Invaders I've always liked him.

The new series doesn't capture the 'fun' of the old series, but what book nowadays does? But you definitely get the same sense of the camaraderie of the Invaders, and I think it will increase with more issues.

Hmmm. But wasn't the Destroyer on some of the Invaders' missions? I enjoy the character, but I have to wonder why they went for the stripped tights. It's very Renaissance, and I love it, but it's somewhat unusual.

The Golden Age characters have definitely grown on me. And that's some nice art from the era. Do you know who the artists are?

BANNED

i'd like to see The Blazing Skull in the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    The new series doesn't capture the 'fun' of the old series, but what book nowadays does? But you definitely get the same sense of the camaraderie of the Invaders, and I think it will increase with more issues.

Hmmm. But wasn't the Destroyer on some of the Invaders' missions? I enjoy the character, but I have to wonder why they went for the stripped tights. It's very Renaissance, and I love it, but it's somewhat unusual.

The Golden Age characters have definitely grown on me. And that's some nice art from the era. Do you know who the artists are?
    The Destroyer did join the Invaders on some missions in their original series. That's how I first encountered the character. He was retconned to be Brian Falsworth, brother of Spitfire and son of the original Union Jack (he was an American called Keen Marlow in his original appearances). He eventually took on the identity of Union Jack and passed on the Destroyer identity to another hero.

The top cover is by Al Gabriele. The middle page is Bob Oksner. Not sure about the final picture.

My favourite cover from the original series. I loved seeing Kirby on covers.

i've always liked the more obscure guys like Blazing Skull and Destroyer. especially Destroyer.

Artist Mike Sekowsky. From All-Winners Comics #12 (1944).

BANNED

How would you guys feel about Phantom Reporter and The Widow making an appearance?
    Not joining, but at least an appearance?
    Last we saw them was in the HIGHLY underrated The Twelve maxi-series.

Heck, even bring in the rest of the surviving Golden Age characters from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    How would you guys feel about Phantom Reporter and The Widow making an appearance?
    An arc would be nice. I liked The Twelve.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    i'd like to see The Blazing Skull in the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    i've always liked the more obscure guys like Blazing Skull and Destroyer. especially Destroyer.
    My experience with Blazing Skull was in the New Invaders series, and he was a lot of fun there. IIRC, Robinson said he was going to show up in ANI at some point. Maybe even have a whole issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    An arc would be nice. I liked The Twelve.
    That would be a big fat YES! to seeing characters from The Twelve in ANI ... or anywhere.

BANNED

The Destroyer did join the Invaders on some missions in their original series. That's how I first encountered the character. He was retconned to be Brian Falsworth, brother of Spitfire and son of the original Union Jack (he was an American called Keen Marlow in his original appearances). He eventually took on the identity of Union Jack and passed on the Destroyer identity to another hero.

The top cover is by Al Gabriele. The middle page is Bob Oksner. Not sure about the final picture.
    Thank you! Bob Oksner's work is a lot more polished then some Golden Age art. Nice.

Right, that's what I'm remembering about the Destroyer's Invaders appearances. Perhaps we'll see both of them in the War of the Worlds arc? I'm so looking forward to that!

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    Artist Mike Sekowsky. From All-Winners Comics #12 (1944).
    Thanks for that identification!

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Have we seen Jack Frost or Blue Diamond show up elsewhere in the MU? All the rest have appeared a few times in books and various incarnations of the Invaders, but I don't recall seeing them.
    I think they appeared on the sidelines in both The Twelve: Spearhead #1 (Blue Diamond for sure) and The Marvels Project.

Also, HOW DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO FIND THIS THREAD?

Yes. Mr. E and/or The Witness please

while i read and loved The Marvels Project i never read The Twelve. is it really that good?

With the Invaders and the Twelve, Marvel has brought so many of their older heroes into the present day. I'd really like to see them give the same treatement to Brian Falsworth. Bringing back Destroyer would be great too.