Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

FINALLY, Marvel.com got the letters page for Invaders #4 online. I really don't like them putting the letters pages online. I want my letter PRINTED in the book! LOL!

Anyway, other Invaders fans are thinking like us, about The Twelve, All Winners Squad, and characters. Read on!

BANNED

No cover for some reason.

ALL-NEW INVADERS #9
    JAMES ROBINSON (W) • STEVE PUGH (A)
    Cover by MICHAEL KOMARCK
    DEATH BY DEATHLOK! THE LAST LUTHER MANNING STORY!
    • WINTER SOLDIER, NAMOR and the ORIGINAL HUMAN TORCH’S initial mission to rescue Jim Hammond’s old partner and fellow Invader TORO has changed in light of a new threat that Toro’s kidnapper has at his disposal…
    • …Every DEATHLOK in the Marvel Universe!
    • How will the Torch overcome his enemy’s ability to control artificial intelligence?
    • PLUS How will Cap react to Namor in the aftermath of ORIGINAL SIN?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post

Hi Phantom Reporter! Good to see you made it to the new forums!

And wow! That would have been awesome! I'd love to have read those stories. They sound like they would have been great for the 70th Anniversary books, too.

You're entirely right about those years of adventures for Namor, because those were done by Bill Everett. He ended up going to war, like most did, and others wrote and drew Namor's stories -- and they weren't as good as Everett's. Wow, Lynne Harris. Not too many folks remember her. And, as I said, there was the stories of Betty Dean convincing Namor to fight the Nazis, instead of all surface dwellers. Good stuff!
    Good to be back. Feel free to pm if you do want to read the stories - i believe they're floating around in my computer files somewhere. Here's an ironic thing - the use of Phantom Bullet connected with The Angel in TMP, well i'd already done that well over a decade earlier, except under my pen he fared better. I think i wrote PB as a supporting character in the first story and had his origin in the second. My long term plan which i never got round to was to have Allen Lewis join up after Dec 7th 1941 and spend most of the war as a POW captured by the Japanese - one way of explaining his absence in Marvel continuity after WWII!

Other stuff i did was to try to explain Angel as the FIRST hero of the era and who would inspire him (old west masked adventurers, Freedom's Five and sort of Dominic Fortune) - as i recall there was also an element of him getting his youthful idealism battered in the Spanish Civil War and his Senator father being involved in the government's super soldier and robotics projects (again a feature of Marvels Project). At the time i was wholly unaware of the slow aging from 1879 electrocution/prison warren father stuff - the latter was referenced in TMP but it seems strange reconciling that fact with a Tom Halloway who was already maybe 60 years old chronologically. My feeling is that Brubaker deliberately obscured the slow aging so if you knew about it, you could assume it was canon but most readers would just assume Tom's first aquaintance with anything ... 'marvelous' was meeting Matt Hawk.

Excellent news re plans for some surviving Twelve characters and i hope James does get around to doing a Band of Heroes tie in. I also like the sound of a special done in the Timely style although i'd hope that it was thematically stylised while bringing slightly more modern storytelling sensibilities to the actual stories/plots/characters.

This being the 75th anniversary year, i wonder if Marvel will pay more homage to the characters that actually appeared in those early Timely years - another set of GA specials, perhapsd with more resonance with modern times ala ANI would be fantastic. When i heard about AXIS, i briefly got my hopes up that with such a WWII sounding title it would revolve around GA characters - now i'm not as hopeful but it would have been a great opportunity to mix the Timely characters (including The Invaders of 2014, Twelve, Challenger, surviving Liberty Legionnaires etc) with The X Men and Avengers.

Talking of the X Men, is anyone else disapointed that nothing more was made of Dr Nemesis' world war II past? I would have loved to see some mention of his role in the 1990's Invaders mini, even if it was just Namor saying 'Remember how you almost killed us in 42' but you were a good guy again by 43'. Ah ... good times!'

In fact it almost seems that logic tells us that James Bradley's re-emergence and reformation MUST have occured before the wars end and in plain sight of the Invaders, or i'm pretty sure Namor would have taken him down on sight and ripped through the X Men to do it!

BANNED

CBR didn't give us a preview thread for ANInvaders 5, so I made one for us.

http://community.comicbookresources....119#post113119

Looks like it's going to be a roller coaster ride of an issue. And Bucky has some great moments.

BANNED

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

^ Nice Union Jack. I'm getting a vague Diabolik vibe with this particular piece of art which I quite like.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    That is phenomenal! Who's the artist?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    That is phenomenal! Who's the artist?
    Philip Tan.

Incredible Member PhantomReporter's Avatar

Excellent UJ piece - a favourite character in all his incarnations.

Philip Tan.
    Not a fan, but that picture looks pretty good.

Peace

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Philip Tan.
    Thanks Professor Moriarty. Phillip really knocked that out of the park.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Heads up! One of the Invaders appears this week in
    spoilers:
    Fantastic Four #5. It's Jim, meeting the Future Foundation children.
    end of spoilers
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Dang! Somebody beat me to it. That was the saving grace of an issue that was otherwise difficult (sad, not poorly written) to read.

BANNED

Just put up a review thread for today's awesome issue of All New Invaders!

http://community.comicbookresources....w-amp-SPOILERS

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Jon View Post
    Dang! Somebody beat me to it. That was the saving grace of an issue that was otherwise difficult (sad, not poorly written) to read.
    That was pretty cool! Can;t wait to see more of him in FF.

And yes, FF was somewhat ...melancholy, but kind of neat.