Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Incredible Member

Default Dracula Untold

Did anyone else love this movie? I thought they did a great job of making Vlad sympathetic and setting it up for a sequel. I really hope they go back and decide to make it one day. The Mummy with Tom Cruise tanked but this movie is what the should have built their dark universe around.

Love? No. But I didn't find it outright terrible. It was very bland, but nothing in there was anything awful that it needed to be discarded. Having a bland movie, or even a terrible one, is fine for a cinematic universe. You can survive that. As long as the concept and characters are decent enough. And I think Dracula Untold's concept was good, and I liked that Dracula.

I didn't love it but still think it's a pretty good movie.

I liked the movie and I liked this version of Dracula. Seemed an entertaining enough movie. Good mix of action and character development. Not sure why it wasn't better liked.
    Maybe people were expecting a more evil, creepy Dracula, in the vein of the Bella Lugosi or Christopher Lee versions.

BANNED

Charles Dance being in it is one of the film's few redeeming qualities.

pretty good movie overall but it should have had a sequel vs. Tom Cruise for the monsterverse instead of the Mummy.

I liked it but I get why some people hate it. It was Dracula as a superhero origin story.

It had some nice effects and costumes.

The problem is that if they were trying to set Dracula up as a bad guy, they did a very poor job. If they were trying to set him up as the movies hero, then they failed to ever give him anything that felt like threat.

The movie didn't really give you anyone to cheer for.