Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Default Superman art from NYCC

So good that Kuder is finally back. Hopefully full time.

Action Comics #36

Superman #35

BANNED

As much as I love JRJR's art I can never get over how un-manly Superman looks. And how his hair is unkept, how does he even hide his identity if he doesnt change his hair. Thats always been a part of his identity. And that costume doesnt help, but I could get over that if his head even looked like Superman.

Bearded Supes is so dreamy.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

Supes rockin the beard. I hope he keeps it for a while.

Great art all around. Look forward to this Smallville arc in Action, and I'm enjoying Superman thus far but gawd, knock it off with the "more Man than Super" tagline. Thankfully I've seen plenty of Superman in this comic, so I'm hoping its more lip service than anything else. Because I'd hate to have to drop this.

High res bearded Supes for phone background purposes.. because you know you want it.

http://media.dcentertainment.com/sit...8.45221030.jpg

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Fantastic art all around.

I hope Big Blue can keep that beard for an arc or so. Looks great on him.

I just noticed there is no collar in that first panel from AC #36. Obviously a coloring error since you can see the outline of the V. Beating a dead horse here but I wish they'd just get rid of it.. So much better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    As much as I love JRJR's art I can never get over how un-manly Superman looks. And how his hair is unkept, how does he even hide his identity if he doesnt change his hair. Thats always been a part of his identity. And that costume doesnt help, but I could get over that if his head even looked like Superman.
    Doesn't he draw him with his hair slicked back as Clark Kent unlike when he's Superman?

Jr's art is growing on me as it did during his Cap run though, and now that where getting into the meat of the story I'm beginning to become intrigued about where the plot is headed.

I love how Kuder poses his legs when hes in flight. Looks great.

These pics do make me realize how I wish he could get back his old boots though, maybe with a little added mass and depth to them to make them feel more solid I guess.
    Last edited by The World; 10-12-2014 at 06:55 AM.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Doesn't he draw him with his hair slicked back as Clark Kent unlike when he's Superman?

Jr's art is growing on me as it did during his Cap run though, and now that where getting into the meat of the story I'm beginning to become intrigued about where the plot is headed.

I love how Kuder poses his legs when hes in flight. Looks great.

These pics do make me realize how I wish he could get back his old boots though, maybe with a little added mass and depth to them to make them feel more solid I guess.
    He did draw Clark that way, which was great, for a total of one issue. I guess DC or whomever yelled at him to draw him the other way.

I just dont see the point of having Superman if hes going to look like a generic Superboy. In both costume and face. And not have the other aspect of his identity change.

Superman is supposed to represent the epitome of masculinity and be a man of action.

BANNED

well he is using a beard on action, that is very masculine.

JRJR still is struggling with some anatomy

Amazing Member

Superman looks cool with the beard but I hope it's just a temporary thing, perhaps a from time to time thing. Love Kuder's Superman. JRJR is not precisely my favorite writer but his art has grown of me over the years.