Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #38 cover

That looks...terrifying.

But good terrifying \O/ I'm guessing something's going to go DOWN

I wonder what's up with her eyes~ She looks possessed

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm near speechless. That is the best cover of the series so far and quite possibly one of the best covers of all time. Like Step said, it's terrifying but in a good sort of way. Kudos to Finch for knocking it out of the park with this one.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Really? OMG

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    Really? OMG

I'm not sure why it's continuously a struggle for you to accept that people have different opinions than you do.

I find the cover to really be terrifying between Diana's eyes, stance, and apparel. Finch obviously(IMO) put a lot of time, effort, and detail into this cover and I really like it. He's even said on Twitter(I think) that he's put more of himself into this project than any other so I think it shows in the quality of his work. I don't expect you to agree with me but at the same time, I don't like having my opinion ridiculed with an "OMG".
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

It seems like the obvious question is "How much will that cover have to do with the contents of the issue?".

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Not really digging this. All I'm seeing is BLOOD SPLATTERED CLEAVAGE.

That's mostly the art though. If it is an accurate depiction of the issue's contents, it looks like Meredith Finch is indeed going to be building off of Azzarello's plot threads like she said.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

That's mostly the art though. If it is an accurate depiction of the issue's contents, it looks like Meredith Finch is indeed going to be building off of Azzarello's plot threads like she said.
    I feel the same. It looks like it could've been cool, but those horns look grotesque to me for some reason and yeah, those boobs.

It's the best cover from the three, but it's not really doing for me. Finch had the advantage of this pose not showing his bad anatomy, but even then there are mistakes. The most obvious is the lack of chin. The helmet looks way too big and the horns' texture looks like homemade ice cream cones, and they are built wrong. They start very thin, then bulge, then thins again. That's not how ram horn's are:

Last edited by Vonter Voman; 10-12-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    Well, I don't know if I'll like what will happen, and how much the cover says about what will happen, but I find this cover certainly better than that for #36 and #37, in fact Diana doesn't seem 15, she is not in weird pose, and she looks fierce and quite terrifying as well. Also, I like the skirt.
    "Sometimes, it's best not to be who we are...but who we aspire to be". (Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman #23)

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It seems like the obvious question is "How much will that cover have to do with the contents of the issue?".

Yup - just like a lot of comic covers over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFeath View Post
    Well, I don't know if I'll like what will happen, and how much the cover says about what will happen, but I find this cover certainly better than that for #36 and #37, in fact Diana doesn't seem 15, she is not in weird pose, and she looks fierce and quite terrifying as well. Also, I like the skirt.

I love the skirt (and emblem) as well. This is the best depiction of Diana in her God of War outfit IMO. If I was in the middle of fighting with someone and this version of Diana showed up, I'd drop my weapon ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Yup - just like a lot of comic covers over the years.
    Kidding aside, I meant that it is this seems like it could represent a direct tie to a run that some readers aren't fans of. That's something that has not been there so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Me too, very nice detail on the horns, but the obvious cleavage is really awful. This is remembering me of a chat I had with female friends, they were kidding of "how seduce the handsome professor" and they were doing this with their cleavage haaha pressing the breasts really hard

this is not terrifying, is just hilariously terrifying haha
    Last edited by Blacksun; 10-12-2014 at 09:51 AM.

I just think she would look like this without the helmet on