Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Rogue, Banshee, and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post

Moira mactaggert need to come back. I can just imagine Moira talking with Kavita Rao about mutants.

Oh how fun!! They would so geek out on each other. I wonder who would take the first blood from who.

I loved the Genosha Excalibur. I want wicked and Broadband back.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

SAGE

DANI

SIRYN, SHATTERSTAR and RICTOR

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    I do believe you and I would make good friends!
    Why thank you i would love to see him dealing in space adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggs View Post
    Why thank you i would love to see him dealing in space adventures.
    As would I. As would I...
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

BANNED

Vertigo of the Marauders...
    I love this Jobberific lil babe.

Since they've shown a Vertigo in the Savage Land along with one in the Marauders, chances are good for her to comeback. I do hope she's written above mediocre status.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Vertigo of the Marauders...
    I love this Jobberific lil babe.

Since they've shown a Vertigo in the Savage Land along with one in the Marauders, chances are good for her to comeback. I do hope she's written above mediocre status.
    Vertigo's interesting in that the Savage Land Mutates already had someone with those powers, Equilibrius. They also have too Lupo characters, suggesting that whatever process Magneto developed the people remaining can't develop new Mutates so much as copy the older ones.

Whiteout is another Savage Land Mutate with a 'controller'-ish power, less about offense or defense, more about setting up foes for her teammates to pummel.

It's interesting that villain teams are more likely to have 'control' characters like Mastermind, Whiteout and Vertigo, and that hero teams with control characters, like Mirage/Moonstar or Karma, tend to have much more limited (one person at a time) sort of utility.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Vertigo's interesting in that the Savage Land Mutates already had someone with those powers, Equilibrius. They also have too Lupo characters, suggesting that whatever process Magneto developed the people remaining can't develop new Mutates so much as copy the older ones.

Whiteout is another Savage Land Mutate with a 'controller'-ish power, less about offense or defense, more about setting up foes for her teammates to pummel.

It's interesting that villain teams are more likely to have 'control' characters like Mastermind, Whiteout and Vertigo, and that hero teams with control characters, like Mirage/Moonstar or Karma, tend to have much more limited (one person at a time) sort of utility.
    I actually love both Vertigo and Whiteout. I kinda like their one note powers. I'd love to see them use their skills in tandem. They couldn't win the fight on their own, but would make their foes so miserable, the fight would be in the bag. Blind AND Dizzy? That's a setup to get your teams but kicked. Like they did to the Avengers. Problem both she and Whiteout have are those damn glass jaws. But even when down, their powers effects linger.

Warpath
    Blink
    The real Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    I loved the Genosha Excalibur. I want wicked and Broadband back.
    Wicked ruled! Love that girl.

Hub was a pretty good as well. She filled the void left by Blink. Now we have too many teleporters, in spite of Second Coming's efforts to eliminate them.

Spectacular Member

Um..Madrox and Layla. Now please

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post

The REAL Angel needs to come back ASAP.
    Well, I'd rather he stay in the current form since it always seemed like he was very underused when around. Except of course during Austen's run but we should probably just avoid talking about that. At least with his current clean slate version, he's not really tied to anyone and can be developed as if a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    Jean never should have died. They did her dirty. And they still are keeping her down and exploiting her even from beyond. Marvel has not been good to the X-women since they let Morrison kill Jean.
    I think Jean should never have been brought back. The suggestion Claremont had (as elaborated on in the recent Sequart interview/documentary) was a much better idea IMO. Jean's death had impact the first time. Not that I have anything against the character per se, just think bringing her back in X-Factor was a poor move.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GallowGlass View Post
    Not that I have anything against the character per se, just think bringing her back in X-Factor was a poor move.
    And that's my position. I don't dislike Jean. Along with Sue, Jan and Wanda, she's one of Marvel's first four strong female characters that should be as un-killable as Wonder Woman or Black Canary, over at the Distinguished Competition.

But the X-Factor book was a terrible reason to do anything that it did. Scott dumping Madelyne. Bobby losing every bit of character growth he'd ever attained. Warren being dragged back and made to wear a stupid backpack around before becoming 'improved' by making him a killer with metal blade-throwing wings (oh, 90s, never change). Beast being transformed back into his human form, and then back into a Beast with Thing class strength because 'they needed a strong guy.' And *all* of them working openly for a team designed to *encourage* people to turn in their mutant kids to pretty much anyone who would take them off their hands. (How many I wonder did Sinister simply snatch up thanks to X-Factor PR? Suddenly getting people to sign over their kids is as easy as showing them a newly printed card that reads 'X-Factor' on it!)

Jean Grey coming back, without all the Phoenix nonsense, with more classic (and therefore writable and usable and no longer an excuse to kill her again or unfortunate implications about women not being able to handle power without becoming crazy or evil) power levels, *could* have been a great thing. Instead it was a crapfest, and now she's dead yet again, because she was brought back poorly.

She deserved better than that. All of them did, really. Warren didn't really survive what started with X-Factor either, and Hank is probably the only one who came out as good as he was before it started.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    The real versions of these characters need to come back!

This... just this.