Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Sanders View Post
    I was pretty disappointed that Dr. Strange was not brought up.
    same here. guess we have to wait a bit longer. probably till the movie is almost upon us.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post

And his daughter is literally the most annoying character in Marvel's history. I hope she never sees print again.
    This!
    I hope Cassie Lang stays dead.. little treacherous b***h..

I'm getting the Ant-Man book, I just hope it doesn't end up being as bad as FF.
    Still, I loved Lang's original mask..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

I'm gonna buy Ant-Man, but I'm curious what on earth it will be about as...well...who are the supporting cast?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    This!
    I hope Cassie Lang stays dead.. little treacherous b***h..
    Seriously? Cassie was great! If you hate Cassie, why don't you also hate Iron Man and Carol Danvers? They were on the same side Cassie joined!

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    And his daughter is literally the most annoying character in Marvel's history. I hope she never sees print again.
    Gee, a character that wears their emotions on their sleeve is annoying. It's not like we're flooded with moronic manchild heroes everywhere that are more tedious.
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 10-13-2014 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Sorry, but that's kind of what he became the moment he put on the Ant-Man costume: a legacy character in an identity Pym never used anymore. You're a few decades late with this anger. Never mind that he was never meant to just be a "supporting character" for Pym at all, he had his own origin story and Michelinie did want bigger stuff for him in the future.

It's not like Pym is being killed off and erased from continuity, people at Marvel still do like him and want to use him, he's in Hickman's Avengers right now, he's going to be on people's minds with the movie; he's not being ignored or "replaced" just because there's an Ant-Man book that doesn't have him as the star. (something which already happened several years ago) At least Pym has a bunch of superhero identities he can use for possible books; Lang just has Ant-Man, and he has for decades without "replacing" Pym. I don't think Lang finally getting a book of his own threatens Pym, the guy who's spent more time in his other identities than his Ant-Man one, at all.

Agreed. People need to fall back with that anger.

Look, the book has a great creative team on it and you just had to know Marvel was gonna focus on Lang with the movie coming out.

With the Ant Man movie coming out next year, its not surprising they'd introduce a solo book.

I'm interested to see how Lang does. I'm gonna give this a shot. That cover is lovely. And of course I welcome any book that could potentially connect to the Young Avengers in some way -- in this case via Cassie (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With the Ant Man movie coming out next year, its not surprising they'd introduce a solo book.

I'm interested to see how Lang does. I'm gonna give this a shot. That cover is lovely. And of course I welcome any book that could potentially connect to the Young Avengers in some way -- in this case via Cassie (RIP)
    I'm surprised they didn't get the book out sooner. I mean, they did GOTG a full year or two before the movie came out. I'm just wondering why Ant-Man isn't getting the same push.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm surprised they didn't get the book out sooner. I mean, they did GOTG a full year or two before the movie came out. I'm just wondering why Ant-Man isn't getting the same push.
    They did a slow build with him by placing him the leader of the Future Foundation and then by placing him in the Orginal Sin event. Marvel is probably hoping that the fans who liked him in those titles will give his solo a try. Honestly if they would have threw out a solo for Lang right off the bat Marvel would be further risking failour for the character. So there has been character build up/push it's just been more so on the "sly" .

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    They did a slow build with him by placing him the leader of the Future Foundation and then by placing him in the Orginal Sin event. Marvel is probably hoping that the fans who liked him in those titles will give his solo a try. Honestly if they would have threw out a solo for Lang right off the bat Marvel would be further risking failour for the character. So there has been character build up/push it's just been more so on the "sly" .
    The other issue is that there is no solid "STEADY" Marvel book right now. The Avengers is very radically different, and I don't see any other books fitting for Lang. So it's a gamble. Still, I wish they had as much faith in Ant-Man as they did with GOTG.

BANNED

The other issue is that there is no solid "STEADY" Marvel book right now. The Avengers is very radically different, and I don't see any other books fitting for Lang. So it's a gamble. Still, I wish they had as much faith in Ant-Man as they did with GOTG.
    I agree to an extant.

But GOTG was a successful title in the early 2000's and the mix of characters that they have for that title each bring something that naturally draws on fans. There also characters who had a small fan bases before they were a group by bringing them together there was more potential for success than a solo C-D list character. So yeah a group of C-lister would make a better choice than just the one.

In spite of that I think Lang may do alright if Marvel can make fans care about the character to grab his title. I think the books he was in recently will contribute to potential interest in the character but even with that there will be a few hurdles he will have to jump before a large number of fans are cheering him on. In the current market marvel has to make moves that will bring success and with this character I think they at least laid the ground work for that.

Seriously? Cassie was great! If you hate Cassie, why don't you also hate Iron Man and Carol Danvers? They were on the same side Cassie joined!
    I think the problem with Cassie Lang, as with most of the teenage so-called superheroes is their attitude in general. Granted, it's probably typical, to the point of almost being stereotypical, of every teenager, but I think what is annoying is this attitude of superiority they seem to have. Kids, not even out of high school or high school drop-outs, thinking that they're better, more competent, and smarter than superheroes who have been doing this for years.

Adding to that the slight (or sometimes flagrant) disrespect they show to the older heroes, yeah, it's pretty annoying.

I don't enjoy Cassie Lang's character, personally. Just like I gritted my teeth at the Avengers Academy kids from time to time (some more than others - Mettle and Reptil were just fine IMO). Just like I don't enjoy Young Avengers. For me it's a question of taste, I suppose. I know some readers really enjoy teen heroes, but I don't. Maybe I'm getting old

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I think the problem with Cassie Lang, as with most of the teenage so-called superheroes is their attitude in general. Granted, it's probably typical, to the point of almost being stereotypical, of every teenager, but I think what is annoying is this attitude of superiority they seem to have. Kids, not even out of high school or high school drop-outs, thinking that they're better, more competent, and smarter than superheroes who have been doing this for years.

Adding to that the slight (or sometimes flagrant) disrespect they show to the older heroes, yeah, it's pretty annoying.

I don't enjoy Cassie Lang's character, personally. Just like I gritted my teeth at the Avengers Academy kids from time to time (some more than others - Mettle and Reptil were just fine IMO). Just like I don't enjoy Young Avengers. For me it's a question of taste, I suppose. I know some readers really enjoy teen heroes, but I don't. Maybe I'm getting old
    ...did we read the same Cassie? I mean, this is the girl who calls Tony Stark and Hank Pym uncle Tony and Uncle Pym! No really, where does Cassie ever try to assert herself as smarter than other people outside her mother and step father who abused her?

And let's be honest, most of the grown up heroes have that same attitude you hate. Tony Stark for example, Namor is a Huge example, even Cap! But Cassie? Cassie wore her emotions on her sleeve and was always vulnerable. When has Cassie ever acted like she was superior to anyone else?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post

Wow you have effectively described all my issues with Kate Bishop. Who I can't stand to the point were I skipped her issues in Fractions Hawkeye run.

Don't really have an opinion on Cassie....more apathetic more than anything else.

LOVE that Ant-Man cover, and the fact that it's Scott Lang.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

...did we read the same Cassie? I mean, this is the girl who calls Tony Stark and Hank Pym uncle Tony and Uncle Pym! No really, where does Cassie ever try to assert herself as smarter than other people outside her mother and step father who abused her?

And let's be honest, most of the grown up heroes have that same attitude you hate. Tony Stark for example, Namor is a Huge example, even Cap! But Cassie? Cassie wore her emotions on her sleeve and was always vulnerable. When has Cassie ever acted like she was superior to anyone else?!
    Yes, sorry about that... Maybe I threw in all the teenage super-powered beings into one package without sorting them out. Cassie probably doesn't fit exactly this category, but I still have no particular fondness for her. I was more trying to find a reason why some might not like teen superheroes.

The examples for adult heroes you cited do fall in this category. Namor is not a character I enjoy, so I can't argue with you. Stark is problematic in the sense that some writers will have a nicer, friendlier and less arrogant Tony, while others write him as a scumbag sometimes. Cap... well, he's freaking Captain America. Yes, he knows more, yes he's more competent, and yes, people should listen to him. My point is those are adults. They have experience, they know what they're talking about and they know what they're doing. Some 17-year-old kid with powers pretending to know more or being able to do better is simply ridiculous (and I'm not pointing Cassie here).

And that's Uncle Hank :-P

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post

It's not the worst thing ever but it pretty mediocre and long winded
    You know you are a champ when your book sells like gangbusters and haters use words like "mediocre" to describe the book.