Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    More talent-poaching by Marvel from DC. First Charles Soule, now Jeff Lemire. Sucks for DC. When Scott Snyder's exclusive contract is up, Warner Bros. better start driving dump-trucks full of money to his house.
    His run with Batman has been fantastic, and I don't see how Warner/DC can ever let him go. As much as I would love to see him take on some of Marvel's characters, he deserves to keep on keeping on right now.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I'm glad someone brought up Eli. I'm still waiting for him to come around again. I think Steve Rogers and co (Sam Wilson, Bucky, etc) often deal with the ideology of what America is especially from the older generations viewpoint. I feel like Patriot should reflect the aspects of America that aren't often portrayed. Cap likes motorcycles I think Eli should have a muscle car. They should touch upon the issues of police brutality (have him fight Americop!) , the drug culture in America ( the "good and the "bad), issues of identity (race, gender, sexuality, etc). I think that would be a good fit for him as a character.
    I'm glad he was brought up as well. Axel's answer threw me off though, because Kieron wanted him for YA but was told he was off limits at the time (I wonder if he was being thought of for Mighty Avengers).

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    I'm glad he was brought up as well. Axel's answer threw me off though, because Kieron wanted him for YA but was told he was off limits at the time (I wonder if he was being thought of for Mighty Avengers).
    yeah I'm not sure what's going on. If Sam is replacing Captain I hope that he isn't going to be in everything the Cap was in (Uncanny Avengers and All New Invaders in particular)

BANNED

One person thanked them for the creative and character diversity happening right now and for "the secret"...the reply was, "you can't force it". There were some sarcastic chuckles and quite a few "mmm hmmm" faces in the crowd. Overall it was a good panel though, AA is a great presence. Way more excitement from the Marvel panels than the DC ones IMO but Marvel does seem to be trying a little hard. I am guessing in response to all the rumours and such about them on the net and the fact that they have really become an "event heavy" publisher at them moment, every line has an earth-shattering event which will run concurrently or back to back to back. It really does seem to be mirroring the 90's, minus the sales at the moment, hopefully the companies do not hit a new type of iceberg.
    All in all it is a good time for many fans.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    I was hoping for Eric O'Grady myself.
    Ditto, in my opinion the most interesting Ant Man, and his actual fate in Secret Avengers was debatable enough that he could return, especially if they bring back the Descendants. Personally with there being a series of Wolverines coming, I figure a book with all the size changers - Hank, Scott, Eric, Cassie, Jan, Foster's kid - and more would be awesome.

Guess that confirms the Fantastic Four fate, but at least it's not like the characters are going away entirely, and it does sound interesting about seeing them in different places. They better not break Reed and Sue up though, that's sacred ground.

Please tell me Samnee isn't leaving Daredevil...

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ditto, in my opinion the most interesting Ant Man, and his actual fate in Secret Avengers was debatable enough that he could return, especially if they bring back the Descendants. Personally with there being a series of Wolverines coming, I figure a book with all the size changers - Hank, Scott, Eric, Cassie, Jan, Foster's kid - and more would be awesome.

Guess that confirms the Fantastic Four fate, but at least it's not like the characters are going away entirely, and it does sound interesting about seeing them in different places. They better not break Reed and Sue up though, that's sacred ground.
    I think Eric will come back eventually but Marvel probably doesn't want two guys called Ant-Man running around at the same time with the movie starring Lang coming out next year.

I wouldn't mind Eric's evil robot double Black Ant popping up as a villain in this new Ant-Man book while the real version is dead.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I think Eric will come back eventually but Marvel probably doesn't want two guys called Ant-Man running around at the same time with the movie starring Lang coming out next year.

I wouldn't mind Eric's evil robot double Black Ant popping up as a villain in this new Ant-Man book while the real version is dead.
    Well Lang's return was oddly timed with Cassie and Eric's demise, so that's probably the case. I'm kinda hoping after Ant Man is released that Marvel might consider bringing Eric into Agents of SHIELD, since he is a SHIELD agent turned hero in the comics. And seeing Black Ant would be awesome too, especially if it led to a Eric/Black Ant face off.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I'm glad someone brought up Eli. I'm still waiting for him to come around again. I think Steve Rogers and co (Sam Wilson, Bucky, etc) often deal with the ideology of what America is especially from the older generations viewpoint. I feel like Patriot should reflect the aspects of America that aren't often portrayed. Cap likes motorcycles I think Eli should have a muscle car. They should touch upon the issues of police brutality (have him fight Americop!) , the drug culture in America ( the "good and the "bad), issues of identity (race, gender, sexuality, etc). I think that would be a good fit for him as a character.
    maybe you should be at the Marvel creative retreats, that is on of the better ideas I've heard for the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans Simian View Post
    His run with Batman has been fantastic, and I don't see how Warner/DC can ever let him go. As much as I would love to see him take on some of Marvel's characters, he deserves to keep on keeping on right now.
    He may not be the insane sales juggernaut that Snyder is, but I kind of thought DC would take the same approach with Lemire. I mean, it clearly looked like they were setting him up as their next big writer - they gave him the second Justice League book, they put him with Geoff Johns on Trinity War, and they have him helming Futures End.

Oh well.

As far as Snyder on Marvel properties.....could you imagine a Scott Snyder Captain America? With Snyder's clear love of history?

Anyway, as far as these books go, I'm pretty happy about the new Hawkeye and Ant-Man books. Both have very strong creative teams. I hope Spencer gives Ant-Man a lighter tone and that this is more Superior Foes Spencer than Avengers World Spencer.

Not gonna lie though......super disappointed that there was no Doctor Strange announcement

Quote Originally Posted by King's_Gambit View Post
    As far as Snyder on Marvel properties.....could you imagine a Scott Snyder Captain America? With Snyder's clear love of history?
    Cap across American history. Written by Snyder. I just... *faints*

Not gonna lie though......super disappointed that there was no Doctor Strange announcement
    Me too. I thought for sure we would hear something. Probably sometime closer to the premier of the movie, I would imagine.
    "Magneto, you ARE the father!"

Amazing Member

I wonder what Fraction will be doing, now? Marvel hasn't revealed any titles that he will be writing. Not a big fan of Spencer's work, so I'll probably pass on "Ant-Man." Fraction or Robinson would both have been better choices to write Ant-Man than Spencer. Nathan Edmundson is doing a great job on "Black Widow." Why not give him some more work? Overall, Axel Alonso has not done as good a job of managing talent as Joe Quesada did.

Quote Originally Posted by invasionforce View Post
    I wonder what Fraction will be doing, now? Marvel hasn't revealed any titles that he will be writing. Not a big fan of Spencer's work, so I'll probably pass on "Ant-Man." Fraction or Robinson would both have been better choices to write Ant-Man than Spencer. Nathan Edmundson is doing a great job on "Black Widow." Why not give him some more work? Overall, Axel Alonso has not done as good a job of managing talent as Joe Quesada did.
    I get the impression Fraction is going solely creator-owned. He's got Sex Criminals and ODY-C at Image and I believe he is restarting Casanova at some point. When you consider how long it took to finish Hawkeye and the odd way he left Inhuman (plus his FF runs being kind of abbreviated), I think he is moving on from Marvel.

Edmundson also writes Punisher and Deathlok in addition to Black Widow.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Quote Originally Posted by invasionforce View Post
    I think Fraction might be done with Marvel, at least for the time being. He's tried to be super-professional about it, but it seems like the whole Inhuman fiasco really soured him on work-for-hire. He bailed on Fantastic Four/FF early (and kinda watched from the sidelines as those books disintegrated) in order to put a TON of work into Inhuman, which was supposed to be the next big thing. Then all that work gets tossed into the furnace. He had some really despondent tweets at the time.

Meanwhile, he's winning awards left and right and making good money from Sex Criminals.

With Hawkeye ending (and limping through a crap-ton of delays) and the Inhuman thing, Matt had a rough year when it came to work-for-hire.....but an amazing year when it came to creator-owned. So it should be no surprise if it seems like he's deciding to focus on the latter.

Also, Nathan Edmondson's plate is full. He has the new Deathlok series debuting this month. That's his THIRD ongoing at Marvel. Factor in the two minis he's got at Image (Dream Merchant, Where is Jake Ellis) and the Splinter Cell mini he's got coming out and his plate is really full.

I think Spencer COULD be a great choice for a Scott Lang Ant-Man book depending on which Spencer shows up. If he takes a lighter, more humorous take (the Superior Foes/Jimmy Olsen Spencer), he's a great choice for the book. Given that Ramon Perez is on art duties, I think it's likely that that's the route Spencer will be going.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I get the impression Fraction is going solely creator-owned. He's got Sex Criminals and ODY-C at Image and I believe he is restarting Casanova at some point. When you consider how long it took to finish Hawkeye and the odd way he left Inhuman (plus his FF runs being kind of abbreviated), I think he is moving on from Marvel.

Edmundson also writes Punisher and Deathlok in addition to Black Widow.
    I was under the impression that much of the Hawkeye slow-down was related to David Aja suffering some ongoing health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymousmc View Post
    maybe you should be at the Marvel creative retreats, that is on of the better ideas I've heard for the character.
    It's on my bucket list.