Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Vell View Post
    I have no problem with it. Just means fresh new talent will take the place of the ones who leave, or DC will get a good Marvel writer who leaves Marvel. It's free agency just like everywhere else in every other entertainment business.
    Or it means they'll get Lobdell or Nocenti or another has been from the 80s and 90s to take his place. DC isn't in a good place right now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    HA! Swapped Green Arrow for Hawkeye. DC has done it again, what would Marvel do without you? Good for Lemire. DC botched his Green Arrow run, first of all they should've launched his run with a new number one. I certainly wasn't going to jump onboard a Green Arrow book that was 16 or so issues in.
    DC didn't botch his Green Arrow run. Maybe you missed this, but Lemire chose to end it.

Also, there's really no evidence to suggest that Lemire is leaving DC. He's still on JLU and Future's End.

Astonishing Member

I'm down for more Nocenti.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    HA! Swapped Green Arrow for Hawkeye. DC has done it again, what would Marvel do without you? Good for Lemire. DC botched his Green Arrow run, first of all they should've launched his run with a new number one. I certainly wasn't going to jump onboard a Green Arrow book that was 16 or so issues in.
    You don't sound like you would have 'jumped onboard' no matter what issue number it was, like that matters.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Or it means they'll get Lobdell or Nocenti or another has been from the 80s and 90s to take his place. DC isn't in a good place right now.
    Strange you say that a month after they dominated the marketplace in sales. Honestly, in 35 years of being a fan I've never seen DC in a better place than they are right now. As I said above, the only 2 writers they simply can't lose are Johns and Snyder

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    In a perfect world yeah, writers would be flowing in and out of DC and Marvel. But here it's mostly one-sided, Marvel is locking up writers like Soule into exclusive contracts, and sharing DC's writers like Lemire. With some small exceptions like Bunn, you don't see the vice versa.
    Exactly. Anyone who doesn't see this is kidding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    DC didn't botch his Green Arrow run. Maybe you missed this, but Lemire chose to end it.

Also, there's really no evidence to suggest that Lemire is leaving DC. He's still on JLU and Future's End.
    That is not how Lemire chose to end his GA run. That's how they styled it in the press release and he was gracious about it so as not to burn bridges

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Strange you say that a month after they dominated the marketplace in sales. Honestly, in 35 years of being a fan I've never seen DC in a better place than they are right now. As I said above, the only 2 writers they simply can't lose are Johns and Snyder
    They dominated the market last month due to their September event. Theyve dominated the market every september since 2011 because they use gimmick 3D covers at $3.99 each for every issue that month.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post

He did hint that he'll be only for 12-15 issues on JLU.
    BB

BANNED

Not really, they can be best sellers, but DC needsmore writers selling on the range of Lemire.

For me there is something wrong that nobody is telling. one thing is end a exclusive contract, other is leaving DC after the contract ended

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Exactly. Anyone who doesn't see this is kidding themselves.
    Who exactly would you like to see DC pick up from Marvel? Other than Fraction, who is likely going full indie, I can't think of anyone. Slott, Bendis and Hickman are their big 3 right now (similar to Johns and Snyder) then you have Mark Waid who is likely never coming back to DC. So who from their 2nd tier would you want? I would much rather they go outside the comics genre like they have done with Genevieve Valentine

Extraordinary Member

That is not how Lemire chose to end his GA run. That's how they styled it in the press release and he was gracious about it so as not to burn bridges
    Well, that's what Lemire himself said.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    He did hint that he'll be only for 12-15 issues on JLU.
    Can we dream about Legion of Super-Heroes as next DC title?

Lemire's DC output has been dwindling for months. He was one of their big guns being utilized over and over but not anymore. Now he only has one book with the company.

BANNED

Who exactly would you like to see DC pick up from Marvel? Other than Fraction, who is likely going full indie, I can't think of anyone. Slott, Bendis and Hickman are their big 3 right now (similar to Johns and Snyder) then you have Mark Waid who is likely never coming back to DC. So who from their 2nd tier would you want? I would much rather they go outside the comics genre like they have done with Genevieve Valentine
    Marvel have kieron gillen that came from games review.