Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    They dominated the market last month due to their September event. Theyve dominated the market every september since 2011 because they use gimmick 3D covers at $3.99 each for every issue that month.
    Because Marvel never does gimmicks right? So it doesn't count? DC has closed the gap on Marvel ever since the reboot where sales were 38% to 25%. Now its more like 33% to 30%. I see you are a brand new fan, but DC hasn't been this close to Marvel since the early 70s

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    I would much rather they go outside the comics genre like they have done with Genevieve Valentine
    So that Marvel can lock them up later?

They dominated the market last month due to their September event. Theyve dominated the market every september since 2011 because they use gimmick 3D covers at $3.99 each for every issue that month.
    You mean the same books that also sell at 2.99 in september? really when it comes on to DC do people just casually leave out information to prove points?

Lemire's DC output has been dwindling for months. He was one of their big guns being utilized over and over but not anymore. Now he only has one book with the company.
    Maybe the end of his exclusive contract is related about that. And btw, it's in 2 titles (JLU, Futures End).

Who exactly would you like to see DC pick up from Marvel? Other than Fraction, who is likely going full indie, I can't think of anyone. Slott, Bendis and Hickman are their big 3 right now (similar to Johns and Snyder) then you have Mark Waid who is likely never coming back to DC. So who from their 2nd tier would you want? I would much rather they go outside the comics genre like they have done with Genevieve Valentine
    Remender, Spencer, Aaron, Kot, Edmondson, Felipe Smith, Wilson...almost all of Marvels writers range from good to stellar. DC's range in average quality among writers is somewhat lower than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    So that Marvel can lock them up later?
    You know, you could look at the other side of the coin and say maybe DC is doing a better job of identifying young taken than Marvel. Writers moving back and forth between the Big 2 is not something that just started in the last few years. Ever since Jack Kirby it's been happening

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    You mean the same books that also sell at 2.99 in september? really when it comes on to DC do people just casually leave out information to prove points?
    Sooo...you're saying those factors had no impact on the boost DC received last month? And it didn't impact sales for them in September 2013 either?

Remender, Spencer, Aaron, Kot, Edmondson, Felipe Smith, Wilson...almost all of Marvels writers range from good to stellar. DC's range in average quality among writers is somewhat lower than that.
    You've got to be joking. Now I just think you are trolling

You know, you could look at the other side of the coin and say maybe DC is doing a better job of identifying young taken than Marvel. Writers moving back and forth between the Big 2 is not something that just started in the last few years. Ever since Jack Kirby it's been happening
    Like Cullen Bunn, Jeff Parker or Gerry Dugan recently.

Sooo...you're saying those factors had no impact on the boost DC received last month? And it didn't Impact sales for them in September 2013 either?
    No, we are saying that Marvel does gimmicks every month - this month alone you have Death of Wolverine, Original Sin, AXIS and Spiderverse, so you can't just discount the one month DC does an event

Astonishing Member

That's kind of my point though; writers aren't going from Marvel to DC the way it is vice versa. It's like DC discovers writers only for Marvel to take them up.

You've got to be joking. Now I just think you are trolling
    Not trolling. I'm a DC reader. I'm just saying, Marvel's writing quality *overall* seems to be higher than DC's.
    An opinion isn't the same thing as trolling.

Also...it is fact that Marvel has been picking off talent left and right from DC while DC barely does the same.
    Last edited by brandnewfan; 10-12-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not trolling. I'm a DC reader. I'm just saying, Marvel's writing quality *overall* seems to be higher than DC's.
    An opinion isn't the same thing as trolling.
    For every good writer Marvel has, they have about three that range from mediocre to terrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    It's like DC discovers writers only for Marvel to take them up.
    I call it "Jason Aaron syndrome".

Sooo...you're saying those factors had no impact on the boost DC received last month? And it didn't impact sales for them in September 2013 either?
    Nope but you seem to be ignoring the fact that Marvel always have a multiple events out and all of their books sell at 3.99 and yet don't have a massive gap in either sales or dollar unit over DC. in 2 days Marvel announced three Events for 2015, and they don't even have two Major events finished yet, but DC doing one theme month is a bad thing.