Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    BANNED

Be like them in what way? Having an overbloated amount of books that get stealth cancelled or relaunched repeatedly with no sense of an ongoing story, Event after Event after Event that effects titles barely off the ground before they could even established a status quo or, The current trend of writers who care less about the characters & more about fistf***ing a one-sided political agenda in books, Having a fanbase of either the old guard of characters or the new guard of characters that act like mad animals to the point they hound their twitters or tumblrs & have a childish vendetta against certain writers just to feel a sense of acknowledgment, Or constantly have the single most worst PR group in the history of anything?

Sure DC's not immune to the things I mentioned but as of now they are far more tolerable than anything currently at Marvel.

Now Movies on the other hand.....(Granted the DCEU is getting better I'm just say)
    Last edited by DJ1107; 12-04-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wvchemteach View Post
    Marvel is a complete and utter dumpster fire. Why would DC want to be anything like their print division?

I can concede that at the moment the Movies and Television are better, but that is more because DC is rushing to play catch up at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
    Be like them in what way? Having an overbloated amount of books that get stealth cancelled or relaunched repeatedly with no sense of an ongoing story, Event after Event after Event that effects titles barely off the ground before they could even established a status quo or, The current trend of writers who care less about the characters & more about fistf***ing a one-sided political agenda in books, Having a fanbase of either the old guard of characters or the new guard of characters that act like mad animals to the point they hound their twitters or tumblrs & have a childish vendetta against certain writers just to feel a sense of acknowledgment, Or constantly have the single most worst PR group in the history of anything?

Sure DC's not immune to the things I mentioned but as of now they are far more tolerable than anything currently at Marvel.

Now Movies on the other hand.....(Granted the DCEU is getting better I'm just say)

Don't forget this is an old thread. It was started back in 2014. When DC was going through a lot of problems. After Rebirth, DC has been doing pretty nice. It has been quite a success with Marvel trying something like DC with Legacy. So, rather Marvel is trying to be more like DC. Due to some reason this thread came up even after the last post was about three years ago.

So, please be kinder to the thread starter and other posters who are definitely fans and i think their opinion must have changed. Few DC fans are unhappy with the direction now.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 12-04-2017 at 03:00 AM.

Yes, I was to answer something but then I noted the tread was started in 2014. JUst before Rebirth after Secret Wars. How the things changed.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

this aged well