Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Very true. She worked for what the movie was going for.

The comic Gamora will be much different, that much I can assume cause the focus will be on her.
    The problem however will be that since maybe as far back as the end of Annihilation or at least the mid point of DnA's GotG run, Gamora has been nerfed from one of the universes deadliest warriors to angry chick that likes weapons. If Bendis' GotG is a indication, she is basically a green Black Widow that uses melee weapons more often. Maybe this is just a writer thing, given she rarely has been the focus, maybe this is editorial mandate to get her within a movie like power range, but I wouldn't be surprised either way if the new Gamora series continues to have this trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    The problem however will be that since maybe as far back as the end of Annihilation or at least the mid point of DnA's GotG run, Gamora has been nerfed from one of the universes deadliest warriors to angry chick that likes weapons. If Bendis' GotG is a indication, she is basically a green Black Widow that uses melee weapons more often. Maybe this is just a writer thing, given she rarely has been the focus, maybe this is editorial mandate to get her within a movie like power range, but I wouldn't be surprised either way if the new Gamora series continues to have this trend.
    I rember DnA having Gamora storm thru annihlus's forces with eas, walk thru the sun, and kill Valkyrie like it was child's play.

Ultimate Member

Well since Bendis isn't writing this, what he's doing is kind of irrelevant. We'll have to wait and see what her power set will be in the book. And Gamora's power level has always been portrayed kind of inconsistently, kind of like Wolverine's healing factor.

I'll give it a shot. I think the current GOTG books are really bad outside of Rocket Raccoon (who I am really sick of due to overexposure and poor writing), but I think Gamora has the most potential out of the characters there and there are a bunch of interesting things you could do with this book.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman

Ultimate Member

Oh and can we please get a crossover with the Angela book at some point, pretty please? I do really enjoy those two playing off of each other.

Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Oh and can we please get a crossover with the Angela book at some point, pretty please? I do really enjoy those two playing off of each other.
    That would be amazing. The "murder girls" were the only part of Bendis book I liked.

I have Storm, Elektra, Angela and Gamora. Give me a Domino book and I can die happy.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Niffleheim

What's this Angela book ppl are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Kieron Gillen's new ongoing. I believe it's titled Angela: Asgard's Assassin or something similar. It starts in December.

Ultimate Member

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54271

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Awesome news! I was reading Bendis' crap-tacular GotG for she and Angela.

With both of these ladies getting solos, I can justify dropping that rubbish entirely and enjoy their adventures properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevel8182 View Post
    Good Man!

Also! I Hope she get's a new costume!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    ^^^What he said.
    Agree, ALL of what Klinton said! :-D

I Dropped GotG sometime ago cause of Bendis, but now I have a Chance to read Gamora without his writing, Joyful Day Indeed!

All I can say for this book in buying it now is:

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I have Storm, Elektra, Angela and Gamora. Give me a Domino book and I can die happy.
    No Black Widow?

Well I have never read anything with Gamora but maybe I will give her solo a try. I do have a knack for woman who can kick ass and are not just arm candy for some guy after all.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by robreedwrites View Post
    Kieron Gillen's new ongoing. I believe it's titled Angela: Asgard's Assassin or something similar. It starts in December.
    I'm already reading Loki AOA and Thor but why do I feel like a jealous sibling lol! So Angela is getting her own ongoing hmmmm .... I'll give the 1st issue a go but I cant see myself investing for long - well unless the 1st issue is really good.

I'm already reading Loki AOA and Thor but why do I feel like a jealous sibling lol! So Angela is getting her own ongoing hmmmm .... I'll give the 1st issue a go but I cant see myself investing for long - well unless the 1st issue is really good.
    If you havent read Tenth Realm, you should. They show the Angela ongoing cover at the end as well.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    No Black Widow?

Well I have never read anything with Gamora but maybe I will give her solo a try. I do have a knack for woman who can kick ass and are not just arm candy for some guy after all.
    I tried Black Widow but was turned off by the recycled plot of atoning for her past sins. Overdone in my opinion.