Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    Chosing the CBS era is the right thing to do, because a comic during the WWII era wouldn't be unique enough. Placing it in the 70s is what makes it special and cool, and remember this is another media, they can do things they couldn't on TV, and it won't be the same thing. She can face more serious threats, the stories could be better than the TV average, etc. An ABC era based comic would just be about the Army, Nazis and Nazi comic book villains mostly, with overdone storylines. The 70s has much more elements: IADC, the robots, the suits, 70s stuff, 70s style for villains, Cold War (I've always liked how the Cold War was handled on the series)... and then bringing some stuff back from the first season, like more Amazons and maybe even an Etta.
    Yeah . . . like there are currently sooooooooooooo many comic books set during World War II these days.

NOT!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I would have still read the series if it were set in World War II. In fact, it just might fill the gap in my reading that's been missing since All-Star Squadron/Young All-Stars was cancelled years ago. While I love the 70s era, the World War II era could give us things like:

- Baron Blitzkreig, Gudra the Valkyrie, Armegeddon, Red Panzer, Kung, Sumo the Samurai, Tsunami, and the original Dr. Poison as Axis antagonists.
    - Diana meeting other American superheroes who were active in the war.
    - Diana joining the Justice Society.
    - Diana having a confrontation with Adolf Hitler(obviously he would get away but it could be cool to see how it would play out).
    - A Wonder Girl(Drusilla) team-up with Robin and Speedy as sort of a World War II Teen Titans.
    - Diana battling the Priscilla Rich version of the Cheetah leading to a later confrontation in the 70s with her nice Debbie Domain as the new Cheetah.
    Last edited by Dr. Poison; 10-21-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah . . . like there are currently sooooooooooooo many comic books set during World War II these days.

NOT!

I didn't say there are many stories about WWII these days, but it is an overdone concept. It's like FPS games set during the war. And it's not inventive. The 70s can present a greater variety of stuff, INCLUDING time travel stories to the WWII era or neo-nazis (like that episode on Season 2), which could include some Nazi villains. But that would be only part of it, not everything being about the war.

I prefer the CBS era, but even for those who prefer the ABC, it's not because it's set in the 40s, it's because of the plots and the quality of the show. This is another media, a book made almost 40 years after, which means the quality won't have anything to do with the era they chose.

Besides, the ABC era is like the 40s books. If they made this book about the 40s, it would be just like early WW comic books (specially considering they would use villains from the comics), not really a book about the show. It's the 70s era that makes the show different from the comic books, and thus what should be adapted to the comics.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 10-21-2014 at 03:51 PM.

As someone who only really liked the first season, I still agree with you. But I do hope they allow Drusilla to appear. That was an element from the first season that was totally original. Some belt grabs would be good too.

I think this may even outsell Batman '66, but it needs to be good. Andreyko hasn't been getting great reviews for his Batwoman, but maybe he can write a campy comic better.
    Think I'm in the minority with Andreyko on Batwoman. I liked his initial "Wolf Spider" arc a lot, though I am less excited about the supernatural line that's currently running. Still, I agree he'll most likely do a good job here. The key is getting the tone right. Yes, it's campy, but not so much as the original Batman series; not as many in-jokes and winks at the audience. It's more of a Saturday morning show, really; take away with VaVaVoom! of Lynda Carter and you've got a kid's show.

Glen Hanson should do the art for one or more issues. I think they will go for more cartoony art like Batman '66 and most of Sensation Comics (it's better to maintain quality, and it will be easier to draw Lynda properly beautiful), and his art is pretty great. He's a huge fan of both WW and Lynda, and he is famous. If not on the first batch of issues, at least later.

Exciting news! I'm glad I saw this thread. Is there any indication of when the print issues will start?
    Pull: Batgirl, Worlds' Finest, Sensation, Batman '66, MLP

With the rumoured possibility of the Wonder Woman movie sequel being set during World War II, I wonder if this comic will be more likely to have WWII flashback issues now.

We will probably gonna see this

Still no sign of it. I wonder if it will be released digitally in december at all.

BANNED

maybe ask andreyko on twitter when it will come out.

Retired

Watching the episodes set in modern day ('70s) puts me to sleep. The wartime era has a lot more going on visually. I can see why they'd want to set it in the '70s, but maybe they could split the content between the '40s and the '70s. For example, tell a story about how WW originally fought Fausta Grables in the '40s and then tell a story of how she fought Fausta's daughter in the '70s.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    maybe ask andreyko on twitter when it will come out.
    Good idea. I was thinking of tweeting someone, but I didn't thought of the writer himself. Just asked him if there are some news about it.

@VonterVoman 32 seconds ago
    @marcandreyko Any news on Wonder Woman '77? It's december and I'm eager to read it! Wish you the best of luck!

We will probably gonna see this

I remember this episode

Spectacular Member Knightmare10880's Avatar

This was like the one title announced that I've been looking forward to the most, I know it's supposed to be digital first and then in print but when do the printed versions of the series start coming out?