Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't answer that question. I haven't read Andreyko's Batwoman although I've been tempted to give it a shot.
    I'm also tempted. Also WW77, new Batgirl and Harley Quinn (a shame the smell-issue won't translate into digital haha). Solo books that dares to have fun and do stuff on their own

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I'm trying to watch the vid at work with volume down way low...but he did say it won't be tongue-in-cheek or campy, right?

I believe so, yes.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

He did say it would not be campy, and he also said "Silver Swan with feathered hair."

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    He did say it would not be campy, and he also said "Silver Swan with feathered hair."
    cool..............................!

I didn't expect it to be as campy as Batman (and Batman '66 is even more campy than the show), but this worries me. It can't be taken so seriously. It must have campy tones. Specially for the 70s era.

In any case, there's a test for Andreyko. If the issues don't end with a close on Diana smiling, he doesn't pass.

EDITED: He said it's going to be like Jeff Parker is doing Batman '66. I guess he has other definitons of tongue-in-cheek, because '66 is exactly what I have in mind for tongue-in-cheek. Maybe it can be considered "crazy", not campy. That makes me more relieved.

Cool that he mentioned the outfits and that there's going to be MORE outfits.

I'm also glad it was his idea, not DC just giving a book to some writer.
    Last edited by Vonter Voman; 10-13-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Also, maybe the "feathered hair" means Silver Swan will resemble Farrah Fawcett. If the villains resemble stars of the time, it will be utterly awesome!

There was an actual possibility that Nubia would appear on the series, but it didn't happen. That's the chance to introduce her, maybe looking like Pam Grier!

Batman '66 is more campy than the series?! How is that possible? I'm going to have to check that book out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post

In any case, there's a test for Andreyko. If the issues don't end with a close on Diana smiling, he doesn't pass.
    Ha! That's funny.

My wish for Andreyko is that he doesn't make the mistake that CBS did--practically eliminating all traces of what makes WW special from the program. Sure, working for the IADC is fine, but we must have Amazons, Paradise Island, a particular point of view for Diana and a relationship (or hint of one) with Trevor. Don't relegate Steve to phone calls at his desk.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

About time!

BANNED

WONDERFUL NEWS! I caught the tail end of the re-runs of Batman (66) and Wonder Woman. Unfortunately, the re-runs of the 50's Superman show is only very vague memories of childhood.

Bring on Lady Wonder Lynda!

BANNED

This will be the reason I will go back to the LCS. Azz got me to quit comics, and Lynda is going to bring me back

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Batman '66 is more campy than the series?! How is that possible? I'm going to have to check that book out.

Ha! That's funny.

My wish for Andreyko is that he doesn't make the mistake that CBS did--practically eliminating all traces of what makes WW special from the program. Sure, working for the IADC is fine, but we must have Amazons, Paradise Island, a particular point of view for Diana and a relationship (or hint of one) with Trevor. Don't relegate Steve to phone calls at his desk.
    The real problem with how they brought the series to the present (circa 1977) is that the Steve she comes back to is Stever Trevor JR.... she had feelings for Steve Senior back in WW2, so for her to fall in love with his son is kinda creepy...lol Of course, I feel like Diana never would have left Steve and the Outside World, even with the end of the war....

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    The real problem with how they brought the series to the present (circa 1977) is that the Steve she comes back to is Stever Trevor JR.... she had feelings for Steve Senior back in WW2, so for her to fall in love with his son is kinda creepy...lol Of course, I feel like Diana never would have left Steve and the Outside World, even with the end of the war....
    You make a good point. I can't believe I never thought of it like that.

(Of course, when I was twelve I didn't even realize I was "missing" the hint of romance on CBS. But as an adult, watching reruns, I definitely felt the show was lacking without it.)
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

If we could get Nicola Scott to do the entire issue, that would blow my mind. Especially considering how she hit a homerun on the Lynda artwork at the comic-con.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I haven't read his Batwoman but part of that could be him not being JH Williams and people still upset JHW left.
    It isn't. It's just not been very good.

To be honest, I was stoked for this book until I saw who was writing it. Now it just seems like a wasted opportunity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I think it will suck if steve trevor won't have a chance with WW again...

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    It isn't. It's just not been very good.

To be honest, I was stoked for this book until I saw who was writing it. Now it just seems like a wasted opportunity.
    I didn't even tried his run...seems very average

but he did good comics on the past
    Last edited by Blacksun; 10-16-2014 at 02:20 PM.