Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Wow! I'm so geeked for this!!

And Nicola Scott's Wonder Woman/Lynda Carter is freakin' out of this world beautiful.
    Last edited by Largo161; 10-12-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Mighty Member

Btw. In a way 5 titles when Morrison's Wonder Woman book (if only for a month) hits. And with some luck Scott Snyder's wishes to write Diana could culminate into another one, like his Superman unchained. Think he'd be a good fit for the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapparition View Post
    This is like Christmas but only better!
    A great time to be a Wonder Woman fan!

Very, very cool! I'm more excited for this than most of the other WW stuff coming up.

Hopefully, if it's following the old TV series, they'll incorporate some classic villains.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

This is the best announcement to come from NYCC this year. I love that cover by Nicola Scott. Hopefully she is also doing interiors for one of the stories. I wonder which comic villains that Andreyko will be using? This should flat out fun!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

From Newsarama, Andreyko stated that he is allowed to use comic book villains. He also mentioned Lyle Waggoner.

I think Debra Winger's Wonder Girl might also appear, even though she only appeared on the 40s era. Speaking of which, they could place some stories on the 40s as a flashback story or time travel.

The tv series was pretty limited, like the george reeves Superman show it didn't deal with known villains from the comic books. I do recall Baroness von Gunther (in WWII) and a giant gorilla on the 70s show. Would love to see a '77 version of Cheetah and Silver Swan among many others. Probably the closest we'l get to a return of the Bronze Age Wonder Woman. Exciting! Andreyko should be a fan-pleasing choice for writing chores.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    The tv series was pretty limited, like the george reeves Superman show it didn't deal with known villains from the comic books. I do recall Baroness von Gunther (in WWII) and a giant gorilla on the 70s show. Would love to see a '77 version of Cheetah and Silver Swan among many others. Probably the closest we'l get to a return of the Bronze Age Wonder Woman. Exciting! Andreyko should be a fan-pleasing choice for writing chores.

Fausta also appeared but I think she was the only other comic villain to appear in the series.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I think this may even outsell Batman '66, but it needs to be good. Andreyko hasn't been getting great reviews for his Batwoman, but maybe he can write a campy comic better.

Wait, Andrekyo is writing this? I LOVED his Wonder Woman in his Manhunter run, that's great, pumping me up for this

BANNED

I want the Skrill and their Darth Vader look alike enforcer, Tina (the girl from Ilandia), Formicida the insect lady and the alien Andros to show up in the series. Also I want some undercover IADC espionage with Diana Prince.

Done correctly this could be excellent! Andrekyo writing and Nicola on covers does a lot to ensure it will be. Just the idea alone is golden.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Btw. In a way 5 titles when Morrison's Wonder Woman book (if only for a month) hits. And with some luck Scott Snyder's wishes to write Diana could culminate into another one, like his Superman unchained. Think he'd be a good fit for the book.
    I hope Snyder get to write WW one day.

DC digital make up for the missteps on new WW creative teams and status quo.

2 digital books is really great. hope WW'77 will crossover with batman'66. it would be epic

Quote Originally Posted by Vonter Voman View Post
    I think this may even outsell Batman '66, but it needs to be good. Andreyko hasn't been getting great reviews for his Batwoman, but maybe he can write a campy comic better.
    Do you think it's going to be "campy"? It's interesting that you say that because I never felt that the CBS version was camp. In retrospect perhaps it looks that way, but I always felt they were taking things more seriously. (I happen to prefer the ABC version with its lighthearted humor.)
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
    So when Azzarello started writing Wonder Woman she had what, one or two books? Now she has four? His accomplishments are really epic.
    she had one, now she have 3: sensation, ww and WW'77 and a team book with Superman. 3 and a half u.u

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Morrison's Wonder Woman story is a one off book, not a series. And it's still a ways off as the art is only half completed.

But Wonder Woman '77 is absolutely the most exciting news to come out of the Con. I can't wait to read this!!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.