Incredible Member

Default Loki(MCU) vs The Trickster(Supernatural)

If The Trickster(AKA Loki AKA Gabriel) from Supernatural swapped places with Loki from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, who would end up better adapting to their new digs? And what chaos would unfold?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Will Hatch View Post
    If The Trickster(AKA Loki AKA Gabriel) from Supernatural swapped places with Loki from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, who would end up better adapting to their new digs? And what chaos would unfold?
    With Rumbles rules, nobody in the MCU is really ready to deal with Gabriel - the dude can reality warp at a pretty high level, can time dump, put people into TV shows, whatever he wants, basically. Him leaving Sam and Dean alive and prepared to thwart him is pure PIS + CIS. He's also not at all interested in taking over or mass murder or anything that would really attract SHIELD, much less the Avengers, so he probably gets by just fine. Just like in Supernatural, he'll cause some trouble in a limited area, and mostly try to stay under the radar of anyone serious to avoid dealing with it.

OTOH, MCU Loki lacks any of the vulnerabilities that Supernatural hunters go after. He is literally immune to anything those guys can do to him - and isn't going to leave them alive if they try. I guess he'd try to organize some forces and take over a country or something, and he's pretty much smart enough to avoid doing it somewhere that would get him nuked or anything. But he's less inclined to just stay under the radar, so it's hard to say.

Spectacular Member

He might be immune to hunters but Castiel shouldn't have a problem taking out MCU Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by peterkinger View Post
    He might be immune to hunters but Castiel shouldn't have a problem taking out MCU Loki.
    Current Cas would have TREMENDOUS problems doing so - he's wingless, dying and his grace is effectively poisoned. Also, Cas would need a reason to do something there - and I don't know what that would be. Loki isn't likely to do monster-y things - he wants public power and doesn't feed on humans or anything. Loki's big risk would be a military assault that eventually gets up to nuke-level strikes. And he can avoid that by operating in a safe place on the down-low (something he's very capable of doing). I mean, he just needs to go get himself set up in Belorus or Estonia or something, bribe/manipulate/charm/threaten/mind-warp his way to the top politically, and he's got his throne. He could use similar tactics to merge said country with a neighbor or two. As long as he doesn't go too far and threaten Russia or the main European economic powers, and nobody is really going to do anything about it. The rest of the world simply won't know he's not human until it is way too late, and hunters and their friends don't mess with people like Loki anyway (no hunters dropped Saddam or Bin Laden, for example, people responsible for more bodies dropped than every supernatural baddie ever shown).

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    With Rumbles rules, nobody in the MCU is really ready to deal with Gabriel - the dude can reality warp at a pretty high level, can time dump, put people into TV shows, whatever he wants, basically. Him leaving Sam and Dean alive and prepared to thwart him is pure PIS + CIS. He's also not at all interested in taking over or mass murder or anything that would really attract SHIELD, much less the Avengers, so he probably gets by just fine. Just like in Supernatural, he'll cause some trouble in a limited area, and mostly try to stay under the radar of anyone serious to avoid dealing with it.
    Pretty much but attracting SHIELD or the Avengers isn't that much of a problem for Gabriel. He can just turn them all into tea cups.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Pretty much but attracting SHIELD or the Avengers isn't that much of a problem for Gabriel. He can just turn them all into tea cups.
    Sure, as I implied myself - it's just that he's not even likely to attract the guys.

As far as if he DID somehow get on someone's radar, we don't really know what would happen if, for example, he got nuked by surprise. Given how archangels work (you need an archangel blade to gank one), it likely would at most destroy his meatsuit, though it's hard to say.

Interestingly enough, Gabriel was Loki during the Norse era. Balder even called him as such.

With that said, Gabriel would have nothing to fear in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That might change if Doctor Strange is anywhere near his comic book levels. Also, whoever wields the Infinity Stones will be a real formidable threat. Until then, Gabriel's Archangel powers are too much for anyone in the MCU to handle. Knowing the Trickster, he'll get a real kick out of his new digs.

Loki won't encounter much trouble in the Supernatural universe. As of right now, most of the big players are either dead or imprisoned. Michael and Lucifer would've been his greatest threats or, depending on how Loki plays it, his greatest allies. It's hard to say. Loki's greatest asset, aside from his godlike durability, is his mind. He'll adapt and assess this new universe and its supernatural laws very fast. Sam and Dean Winchester might be able to trap him if he's not too careful, considering their track record; however, Loki could easily straight up kill them. Castiel, as another poster pointed out, isn't much of a threat. He'll need his Grace to be considered a player in Loki's eyes. Crowley would see Loki as his new best friend.

Overall, Loki would probably like this new version of Midgard better. It's implied Asgard and its pantheon of Gods once existed. So I see Loki rebuilding it in his image, finally becoming the King he's always wanted to be. Thor being absent would be a tremendous bonus.

BANNED

Sure, as I implied myself - it's just that he's not even likely to attract the guys.

As far as if he DID somehow get on someone's radar, we don't really know what would happen if, for example, he got nuked by surprise. Given how archangels work (you need an archangel blade to gank one), it likely would at most destroy his meatsuit, though it's hard to say.
    I don't think there is any question a nuke would destroy his body if it hit him. But you don't need to go to a nuke to do that, the problem is making them stay dead after you take out their body. We've only seen Lucifer and amped Cas do that. Well, besides the angels who are killed by angel blades or leviathans.

As for Crowley seeing Loki as his new best friend..eh, I don't know. Current Crowley? The guy who saw a guy like Dean as his "bestie" ? Dean isn't too much like MCU Loki, who was more or less a little whiney bitch personality wise. Or I guess I should say, Crowley would probably like Loki's power, but Loki himself? Probably not. MCU Loki is..kind of a stupid for a "trickster".
    Last edited by Surtur; 10-18-2014 at 05:52 PM.

MCU Loki was okay in the second Thor as far as being a trickster and all goes. However, he was so terrible in Avengers that you kind of have to write it off (retcon it) as part of a long game for Thor 2's result.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abmccray View Post
    MCU Loki was okay in the second Thor as far as being a trickster and all goes. However, he was so terrible in Avengers that you kind of have to write it off (retcon it) as part of a long game for Thor 2's result.
    Eh, all he did was the standard Trickster stuff in that movie of taking a different form. Thing is, Thor was busy trying to save the frickin universe, he didn't have time to see if Loki was or was not playing a trick. So I think all the commotion and stuff going on really added to it, which really doesn't say a whole lot about his overall trickster-ness. It just says he knows how to take advantage of a situation. True tricksters should not be getting manipulated by friggin Black Widow. I don't give a damn how sexy a pose she strikes.
    Last edited by Surtur; 10-21-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I don't give a damn how sexy a pose she strikes.
    I think that, among the target-demo heterosexual male population (as well as some other populations), your opinion on that is in the tiniest of minorities.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

That IS a problem a lot of tricksters (and indeed other archetypes of mythical characters) have. They don't know how to keep it in their pants and their head in the game when someone of the desired gender is acting all sexy.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    That IS a problem a lot of tricksters (and indeed other archetypes of mythical characters) have. They don't know how to keep it in their pants and their head in the game when someone of the desired gender is acting all sexy.
    Works against me.

BANNED

I think that, among the target-demo heterosexual male population (as well as some other populations), your opinion on that is in the tiniest of minorities.
    Nah man I'm thinking of Asgardian females that Loki has undoubtlessly tapped many a times. They make Black Widow look like a character from Fraggle Rock.