Default Keanu Reeves As Doctor Strange?

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/keanu-...ge-speculation

Keanu Reeves, the former John Constantine, Neo and much more, talking about whether or not he'd be up for playing the Sorceror Supreme.

Me, myself, wouldn't be overly sure about him as the fella. He might be alright in a Doctor Strange film, or somewhere therein, and maybe even as a leading man, but I'm not too sure if he's haver the right charisma, charm, wisdom, arrogance for a role like Stephen.

Would he look, or sound right? Would be be able to go from a halfway similar role in Constantine, to Strange? Redeem it, perhaps, and have it be more loyal to the comics, perhaps, in contrast to that film.

But, what does everyone else think? Should he go for the role, or Marvel, or Derrickson, for him? Or, would he be better to stay away from it?

This is why Keanu Reeves is one of the better celebrities. I'm not overly fond of some of the work he's done. I really disliked his inclusion for things like Bram Stoker's Dracula or Constantine, but he's been in movies where he really did well, like Speed and The Matrix. Maybe that had more to do with the directors using him properly or maybe the role was just perfect for him.

However, when he says stuff like "I didn't know Dr. Strange as a character. I didn't read him as a kid", you gotta respect that kind of honesty. I know there are plenty of actors and actresses that say "Oh yeah. I loved that stuff as a kid. I read every comic as a kid featuring [insert character] so now, it's going to be great to play the character" and deep down, I always feel that it's probably not the case. Reminds me of Entourage where Vince had to do a sit-down interview with this website reporter about starring as Aquaman for James Cameron's treatment and he talks about some of the stuff from Aquaman's comic publishing. A few episodes beforehand, he had not wanted to touch Aquaman with a 10 feet pole and only turned around on the idea because James Cameron was directing it.

Reeves saying he doesn't know anything about Dr. Strange rings very true. I know he likes stuff like comic books and martial arts movies and stuff, so him not knowing about Dr. Strange is very believable.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member

You know, im always the guy who jumps down people's throats when they say they don't want a guy playing a role for a film they know nothing about and a script they haven't seen.
    But i'm going to break my own rule and say i really don't want to see this.

Extraordinary Member

" Dude it's Dormamuu!" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    " Dude it's Dormamuu!" lol.
    Bill & Ted. Lethal, bro.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Bill & Ted. Lethal, bro.
    " I'm gonna totally do an incantation right now whooaaaa!" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    " I'm gonna totally do an incantation right now whooaaaa!" lol.
    'Yeah, Dormam, man. I'm gonna totally fry your bacon and like...be all, righteous, and stuff. Yeaaa'

I'm sure there could be a role for him in the MCU, just not Dr. Strange.

Keeanu is hit or miss. Hes been great in a few movies but also been cheesey actor horrible in others. His monotone voice could lend to him being a decent strange, mixed with his roots in Fantasy/Sci-Fi. BUt there are others who would be better. Still think he would be better then Phoenix would have been. Great actor but the idea of his as Strange didn't sit right with me. If Keeanu got cast id be open minded and give it a chance. While I know a lot of ppl are gonna hate it as much as Batflek. But then again I liked 47 Ronin while most ppl seemed to think it was complete garbage. Well I liked the actors in it alteast some of the story was a bit much at times.