View Poll Results: Choose 1 Female Spider Book!

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silk

18 15.79%
  • Gwen Spider-Woman

51 44.74%
  • Jessica Spider-Woman

26 22.81%
  • None

19 16.67%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I feel that Spider-Gwen will outsell Silk. However, I want to see Jessica Drew's series succeed. But with all of these unnecessary Spider-Woman titles, it will take the focus away from Jessica Drew, I fear. I would hope that some of Spider-Man's underused Rogue galleries would become a part of her own, as well as Jessica's developing relationship with Peter Parker, which I want to see.

Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-12-2014 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I feel that Spider-Gwen will outsell Silk. However, I want to see Jessica Drew's series succeed. But with all of these unnecessary Spider-Woman titles, it will take the focus away from Jessica Drew, I fear. I would hope that some of Spider-Man's underused Rogue galleries would become a part of her own, as well as Jessica's developing relationship with Peter Parker, which I want to see.
    What makes Jessica Drew's series more "necessary" than another character's?

Spider-Gwen!
    Spider-Gwen!
    Does whatever a spider can!

Is she cool?
    Listen, bub:
    She has powers and plays the drums!

Look out!
    Here comes Spider-Gwen!

-Pav, who voted for Spider-Gwen...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    What makes Jessica Drew's series more "necessary" than another character's?
    For one thing, we have Silk all over Peter Parker as the assumed love interest at the moment, without the foundation of an established friendship. Second, we have a Spider-Woman version of Gwen Stacy, whose Earth-616 counterpart was Spider-Man's dead lover. I will admit that I hope to see Spider-Gwen remain in her own universe and not Earth-616. As with Jessica Drew, her friendship with Peter is established. But I want to see their friendship flushed out a little more than what we have so far as it might be one of the few things that might make her series stick as it was with the Black Cat where she's still her own person and is always there for Peter when he needs her or vice versa. I am not implying that Peter has to be in Jessica's series. But once in a while, I would love to see Jessica take Peter on one of her adventures away from the Avengers like the Black Cat used to do at times. And I would love to see Jessica Drew appear in Spider-Man's world once in a while in a non Spider-Woman role as a Private Detective. It might have been cool to see Jessica working with Felicia Hardy on a case together. Imagine if they had a P.I. Firm called Hardy & Drew Private Investigations? Too bad Slott's made the Black Cat into a villain, which is terrible to even read about on all levels of her dialog.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 10-12-2014 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    For one thing, we have Silk all over Peter Parker as the assumed love interest at the moment, without the foundation of an established friendship. Second, we have a Spider-Woman version of Gwen Stacy, whose Earth-616 counterpart was Spider-Man's dead lover. I will admit that I hope to see Spider-Gwen remain in her own universe and not Earth-616. As with Jessica Drew, her friendship with Peter is established. But I want to see their friendship flushed out a little more than what we have so far as it might be one of the few things that might make her series stick as it was with the Black Cat where she's still her own person and is always there for Peter when he needs her or vice versa. I am not implying that Peter has to be in Jessica's series. But once in a while, I would love to see Jessica take Peter on one of her adventures away from the Avengers like the Black Cat used to do at times. And I would love to see Jessica Drew appear in Spider-Man's world once in a while in a non Spider-Woman role as a Private Detective. It might have been cool to see Jessica working with Felicia Hardy on a case together. Imagine if they had a P.I. Firm called Hardy & Drew Private Investigations? Too bad Slott's made the Black Cat into a villain, which is terrible to even read about on all levels of her dialog.
    Did you know that it is possible to be someone's relationship/love interest without a foundation of established friendship in real life? It happens all the time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Did you know that it is possible to be someone's relationship/love interest without a foundation of established friendship in real life? It happens all the time.
    I was talking about Peter and Silk whose attraction for one another is caused by the same radioactive Spider-Man that caused them to have their so called mating call just by the Spider-sense acting crazy around each other. I still think that Silk is destine to become the Spider-Queen down the road.

LOL @ how one-sided the poll results are.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasySpider View Post
    Gwen, easily.

But if Mayday was there this question would hurt...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Anya Corazón....
    A Mayday/Anya "Spider-Girls" team-up book would be SOOO much better than a Land drawn Spider-Woman!

I pick Silk. Her backstory (no contact with the world during 13 years) can lead to some interesting stories. As well as the search for her parents. But they better explain why Ezekiel didn't give her internet (did she fear that she would meet Morlun on chatroulette?)

Spider Woman: well, I'm a bit tired of her.

Spider Gwen. So Peter was crazy, MJ is mean, Murdock is evil, but Gwen is so, so smart, so beatiful and so heroic. And Cindy is the Marie-Sue, right.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

As I HAVE to pick one (), based on the quality of story so far, I'd have to go with Spider-Gwen. I've never been a big Jess fan, and haven't got a handle on Silk yet.

Frankly, I'd prefer Anya or Madam Web.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    LOL @ how one-sided the poll results are.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A Mayday/Anya "Spider-Girls" team-up book would be SOOO much better than a Land drawn Spider-Woman!
    I'd totally buy that. Yes yes yes.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    But they better explain why Ezekiel didn't give her internet (did she fear that she would meet Morlun on chatroulette?)
    LMAO
    I hate when this happens!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Interesting creative team, but Silk has the same stench as Alpha and I'm not sure they'd be able to wash it out.

So Gwen.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I pick Silk. Her backstory (no contact with the world during 13 years) can lead to some interesting stories. As well as the search for her parents. But they better explain why Ezekiel didn't give her internet (did she fear that she would meet Morlun on chatroulette?)

Spider Woman: well, I'm a bit tired of her.

Spider Gwen. So Peter was crazy, MJ is mean, Murdock is evil, but Gwen is so, so smart, so beatiful and so heroic. And Cindy is the Marie-Sue, right.
    Considering that Marvel decided to give Spider-Gwen her own series, along with Silk(all of a sudden), no one is talking about Jessica Drew anymore because of the creative team behind it? The only thing that might set Jessica's series a part from Silk(excluding Spider-Gwen if she remains in her own universe), is the fact that her friendship with Peter Parker(away from the Avengers) is the key to the series success, as far as having some of Spider-Man's rogue galleries transferred unto her own. I have always wanted to see Peter and Jessica work together as he once did with the Black Cat and Carol Danvers. But with Silk all over the place, it makes it very hard. I just hope that the writer of Spider-Woman takes the opportunity to use some of Spider-Man's rogue galleries and integrates them into Jessica's world, as well as have the occasional team-up partnership stories with Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Interesting creative team, but Silk has the same stench as Alpha and I'm not sure they'd be able to wash it out.

So Gwen.
    You should include Evil Black Cat to the list as well.

BANNED

All these spider-titles and still no Ultimate Spider-Woman solo book.

Anyhoo, Spider-Gwen is going to outsell Silk for sure, and may even do better than Jessica.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    All these spider-titles and still no Ultimate Spider-Woman solo book.

Anyhoo, Spider-Gwen is going to outsell Silk for sure, and may even do better than Jessica.
    Spider-Gwen's stories will likely be in her own universe. As far as Earth-616 goes, I am hoping that Denis Hopeless uses this rare opportunity he's got to integrate Jessica Drew into Peter Parker's world that would be unique unto itself as it was with the Black Cat(before Slott turned her into a villain) and Carol Danvers(before she lost her memories). Jessica Drew is the only other grey area super hero who can become a true alternate to the Black Cat as far as becoming one of Peter's closest friends away from the Avengers. I want to see Jessica's series succeed. But with the heavy promotion of Silk, I think that Marvel will shoot themselves in the foot with releasing so many Spider-Women titles as they only needed to focus on one. Spider-Gwen will not be connected to Earth-616; so things will be fine with her. But with Silk, I think that Slott made Black Cat into a villain for his pet character to deal with as if he took a page out of Marv Wolfman's original Black Cat concept that was to have appeared in the original Spider-Woman series. But Black Cat's super villain status has not been well received thus far.