View Poll Results: DC vs. Marvel: where do you tend to fall?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • I buy DC and no Marvel comic books

36 18.00%
  • I buy mostly DC but some Marvel comic books

73 36.50%
  • I buy pretty much equally between DC and Marvel comic books

27 13.50%
  • I buy some DC but more Marvel comic books

30 15.00%
  • I don't buy DC comic books, but I do buy Marvel comic books

12 6.00%
  • other? (please explain)

17 8.50%
  • I can't read.

5 2.50%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I prefer DC because I like their characters, mythology and history more than marvel's. But i don't have a fixed pull list (all digital), so there are months in which I buy more DC, other where I buy more Marvel. Right now, Marvel has been having more stories in which I'm interested, but this is all cyclical.

Also, I can't say I care for Marvel characters as much as I do for DC's, so this factor into me not being disgruntled by them as often.

Mighty Member

That's all a matter of taste. I don't find hardly any interesting Marvel titles outside of Iron Fist. The Avengers titles feel cold to me, so they're not my cup of tea.

And CBR had an article with number of awards won by each publisher (Indies too). DC has the lead by leaps and bounds, if you want to judge quality that way. Other than that, that's also a matter of opinion and not fact.

I stand with great characters and great art work and entertaining stories.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    I stand with great characters and great art work and entertaining stories.
    But didn't you also vote "I can't read"?

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

I can't say I am buying no DC at all, because I still get Astro City as a monthly. But around March 2012 I found that I just could not enjoy anything set in the rebooted DC universe. I still think that DC (unjustly, due to permanent copyright) owns some of the greatest characters in American culture. But current DC (and Warner Bros) seems unwilling or unable to let them be the bright and happy icons they were created to be.

I'd love to read DC again. But until the DC universe gets its shine and sparkle back, I'm not interested. I've never read much Marvel historically, and I more or less gave up on them around the time of Civil War. But now Marvel has three or four titles that I'm interested in, and DC doesn't have any.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Lol your sharp.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    That's all a matter of taste. I don't find hardly any interesting Marvel titles outside of Iron Fist. The Avengers titles feel cold to me, so they're not my cup of tea.

And CBR had an article with number of awards won by each publisher (Indies too). DC has the lead by leaps and bounds, if you want to judge quality that way. Other than that, that's also a matter of opinion and not fact.
    That's all there can be, subjectivity. Some award winning comics out there, you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. At the end of the day, there's no point to bothering with a comic you don't like.

I like the new Iron Fist about as much as I like the new Elektra comic. DC still has JHW3, but Marvel has a lot of young and skilled artists with immense versatility and a license to go ape.

I stand in my comic shop buying both Marvel and DC. Not to mention others.

"I pretty much buy equally between them."

Mainly DC fan between the two, throughout my interest in comics... in large part due to the Teen Titans/Young Justice of the 90s [cartoons/comics] and some of Vertigo's output at the time, although i liked some Marvel stuff like Hulk and Ghost Rider.

Around the Avengers movie and DCs output at that time which i felt was extremely lacking and disappointing...and what those younger heroes that i so loved back then had been reduced to... i became more into Marvel.

... but... DC's series in television kept me into DC during that time period.

Currently, i'm into and happy with both Marvel and DC and where things are heading with both. However, i feel that the younger heroes and things relating to the world of the younger heroes could be massively improved on both sides with Marvel having the advantage currently, and i'm slightly more into Marvel than DC at the moment. I'm way more into television than movies and so that's a big area that DC has kept me around.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-12-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Amazing Member

I jumped into comics a couple of years ago with the intro of Nu52, and was exclusively reading DC but once I got exposed to Marvel I've slowly been dropping more and more DC comics for Marvel's.

Marvel does better team up comics, DC is better with individual characters. I enjoy Team up comics more and with Marvel, character's randomly show up in each other's comics which is always fun. That's partially why I don't mind Marvel's barrage of events.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That's all there can be, subjectivity. Some award winning comics out there, you wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. At the end of the day, there's no point to bothering with a comic you don't like.

I like the new Iron Fist about as much as I like the new Elektra comic. DC still has JHW3, but Marvel has a lot of young and skilled artists with immense versatility and a license to go ape.
    I prefer a book like Grayson or Green Arrow compared to Iron Fist and Elektra. IF is good, but a pale shadow to Fractions run.

Incredible Member

I started with New 52, and I also picked up a handful of Marvel books as well (Ultimate Spidey, Hawkeye, All New X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy),

But slowly I've fell off all my Marvel books. Nothing they have appeals to me. I don't know why. Maybe it's the characters, or maybe it's just what they're doing (or not doing) with them.

I enjoy the Marvel movies though. Maybe the actors are what make the characters appealing. I don't know. I think I'd enjoy a Thor book that looks and feels more like the movies. Same with X-Men. I think I would pick up a Doc Strange or Ant-Man ongoing as well since I'm interested by the future live-action adaptations.
    Last edited by SmokeMonster; 10-12-2014 at 06:45 PM.

BANNED

Mainly Marvel as Multiversity right now is the only DC comic I get but I have thought about Batman '66 & Wonder Woman '77. DC has either killed or benched the characters I would buy a comic for

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt396 View Post
    Lol your sharp.

If that's a joke, it's funny.

If it's a joke.

-----------

Anyway, I voted "other" because right now I tend to fall away from both Marvel and DC.
    Last edited by Don C; 10-12-2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Only DC now.

I used to buy Thor: God of Thunder from Marvel, but stopped when did their latest relaunch with lady Thor.
    Action Comics, Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman