BANNED

Default Secret Avengers #3 Preview!

Sauce:

Ales Kot & Michael Walsh bring you the next chapter of Secret Avengers!

"POST-NUCLEAR"

• A post-nuclear warhead has gone missing in the Middle East. Eighteen S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are dead. Who you gonna call?
    • What happens when Black Widow and Lady Bullseye meet? Sparkles. And what happens when you get too many sparkles? Explosions, that's what.
    • While Phil Coulson struggles with his new problem, Maria Hill deals with her old one: MODOK is up to something.

While i think everyone assumed this was going to be Kot's Zero 2.0, i do find it charming with the rather comedic take on the series.

This comic is real fun. Love it.

The Black Widow box killed this preview for me. I don't need to be reminded who plays a character in the movies in my comics.

Really enjoying the work the creative team is doing here. Ales Kot, Michael Walsh, Matthew Wilson, Clayton Cowles, those Tradd Moore covers... all fantastic. Looking forward to see Lady Bullseye take on Black Widow.

Just wish Kot wouldn't portray Spider-Woman as such a rookie. She has plenty of experience in espionage as an agent of HYDRA, SHIELD, and SWORD, as well as a longtime Avenger. I just don't buy her being so impressionable in this situation.

And we need Mockingbird ASAP. Hawkeye doesn't get enough snark from two exes, three of them should do it.

BANNED

rant: it is still ridiculous that Nick Fury jr wears that Captain America outfit and Coulson wears a suit. i really wish that i could have sat in on that creative meeting.

. were these two just so qualified that they got to skip S.H.I.E.L.D basic training?
    . were they so good that they never had to wear the standard SHIELD uniform (that even Maria Hill, Sitwell, Dum Dum Dugan, and Fury sr. himself have worn)?
    . wouldn't it look to other SHIELD agents as if Fury jr and, by association, Coulson were beneficiaries of nepotism?
    . doesn't Fury's jr's lack of depth perception and high profile costume make him a poor candidate for being a special field agent
    . how did he go from looking like a regular comic book black guy to Samuel L Jackson? plastic surgery? image inducer?
    . wasn't there an easier way to incorporate Coulson that didn't involve just transforming Cheese into a suit wearing fed? and is he ranked above Fury jr? if not, why not?

here's a reminder of what Cheese looked like. http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma3lt34fsp1r9b28i.jpg
    now look at that preview.

Modok with that apron and the shot gun!!! So funny! I've really enjoyed this series so far, and this preview looks great :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Just wish Kot wouldn't portray Spider-Woman as such a rookie. She has plenty of experience in espionage as an agent of HYDRA, SHIELD, and SWORD, as well as a longtime Avenger. I just don't buy her being so impressionable in this situation.
    She looks like a teenager...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."