Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

If anything, this should of been a buddy book featuring both Hank and Scott.

Hank Pym is a B-lister at best. Scott Lang isn't even that. He couldn't help sell
    the Fraction Future Foundation book, how is he gonna sell a solo title?

Both of them together as an Ant Man/Wasp team might have worked. There's enoughdysfunction between the two of these guys (both have failed marriges, both have been to the slammer) to make their friendship interesting.

Especially since Scott bears his failures better than Hank does.

Just have to hope the movie's good.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Yup. It was exactly that I had in mind.
    Eh, I doubt Iron Lad will have anythign to do with it. It seems that Marvel is just ignoring YA anyways outside Kate Bishop now.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I would've been interested if this book was centered on Hank, but I'll pass on Scott. Call me if they bring back Cass, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    You do know that Iron Lad was in Avengers recently going "Hey Cap! You should let Iron Man blow up dimensions!"
    That's not weird. Iron Lad is a fucking psycho.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    That's not weird. Iron Lad is a fucking psycho.
    Granted, it's Imortus, Kang and Iron Lad who are telling Cap this. The reason why is that they say Earth won't survive the Incursions otherwise.

Of course, I think this is just a plan for Marvel to destroy the Multiverse so 616 is the only dimension left.

BANNED

I'm trying to find the page, but there's a scene where the FF kids are talking about Pym particles. They mention how Wonder Man and Atlas both died, and the Pym particles brought them back together. Which made them all realize that Cassie might be getting the same treatment.
    So basically anyone with Pym particles is effectively immortal?

Didn't read that series so I'm very curious.....

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    So basically anyone with Pym particles is effectively immortal?

Didn't read that series so I'm very curious.....
    I REALLY wish I could find this page, cause they explain it better than I.

BANNED

Granted, it's Imortus, Kang and Iron Lad who are telling Cap this. The reason why is that they say Earth won't survive the Incursions otherwise.

Of course, I think this is just a plan for Marvel to destroy the Multiverse so 616 is the only dimension left.
    Yeah, but it fits. He did murder Jonas in cold blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Yeah, but it fits. He did murder Jonas in cold blood.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Medusa View Post
    I would've been interested if this book was centered on Hank, but I'll pass on Scott. Call me if they bring back Cass, though.
    I think it's kind of ironic that this is the comment that I've read most often, both for comics and the movie.

People are like "Oh, Scott Lang! I hope they bring Cassie back!!"

It's like people want Cassie Lang a lot more than her father. I have to say that if given a choice between the two... no, sorry, I still wouldn't buy those comics.

But if they do bring Cassie back, I say that's good for the fans of the character. I wish for everybody to have a chance to read about their favorites. I know how disappointing it is not to have your favorite character featured anywhere substantial

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I think it's kind of ironic that this is the comment that I've read most often, both for comics and the movie.

People are like "Oh, Scott Lang! I hope they bring Cassie back!!"

It's like people want Cassie Lang a lot more than her father. I have to say that if given a choice between the two... no, sorry, I still wouldn't buy those comics.

But if they do bring Cassie back, I say that's good for the fans of the character. I wish for everybody to have a chance to read about their favorites. I know how disappointing it is not to have your favorite character featured anywhere substantial
    To be honest, Cassie brings more to the table than her father does.

I've always liked Scott Lang as Ant-Man. Hank Pym was the original, and I love him, but he moved past that guise a long time ago.

I am hoping for some amazingly-drawn and cleverly-plotted size-changing adventures out of the gate, without any back history requirements (perhaps a few one-and-done issues). This will hopefully snag new readers, and then once they are hooked, the history (Hank, Cassie, Darla, etc...) can come into play.

And how about those covers??? They all kick-ass in their own ways.
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

Ultimate Member

I to hope that they bring Cassie back, but it's not because I don't like Scott. It's simply because I like Cassie to, her death was REALLY badly handled, and I like the idea of a father/daughter superhero team-up book. We VERY rarely see those. I also hope that Darla Deering shows up from time to time, she was one of the best parts of Fraction's FF. I'm not of those people who constantly are like "it HAS to be Hank Pym of bust." In fact, that screams lack of creativity/imagination to me.

BANNED

I'm glad they're finally doing something with Scott, but I think Hank is the more interesting character.

Ultimate Member

I'm curious to see if a new writer with his own take can make Scott more interesting. It's part of the reason why I'll NEVER agree with the notion that just because something hasn't been done great in the past, that it cannot be done well period. New writers, new takes, what came before is largely irrelevant.