Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I wonder if they will bring back Cross Technology Enterprises as villains for Lang? They should also bring back Black Ant and Pym Particle using villain Dr Nemesis for him to face off against.

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

Am I the only one here who disliked Cassie and was happy when she was killed??
    I hated her attitude when the SRA happened..
    Also she was dumb and took dumb decisions and got killed because of that.

and Darla from the FF.. well, I can't understand how someone thought that it was a good choice to plot a Darla & Scott relationship when she was in the FF replacing her actual boyfriend Johnny Storm.. it just didn't work for me. Couldn't stop thinking of her as a little annoying b***h

Sorry!

Still interested in the book though.
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoDaCosta View Post
    Am I the only one here who disliked Cassie and was happy when she was killed??
    I hated her attitude when the SRA happened..
    Also she was dumb and took dumb decisions and got killed because of that.

and Darla from the FF.. well, I can't understand how someone thought that it was a good choice to plot a Darla & Scott relationship when she was in the FF replacing his actual boyfriend Johnny Storm.. it just didn't work for me. Couldn't stop thinking of her as a little annoying b***h

Sorry!

Still interested in the book though.
    I didn't hate her, but she didn't rank as highly as the remaining Young Avengers that have most recently been featured, for sure.

I found her relationship with Kate endearing, and I empathized with the loss of her father and her whole wanting to take on his mantle, but still -- maybe the size changing thing just doesn't do it for me.
    Last edited by Fokken; 10-13-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I like how this sounds except... how does Ant-Man work? How does shrinking down and talking to ants help anyone, and what's special about Lang doing it?

As of now my favorite Ant-Man is Frank Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I like how this sounds except... how does Ant-Man work? How does shrinking down and talking to ants help anyone, and what's special about Lang doing it?
    maybe buy the book and find out?

Yeah except it's not out for months and people out there are already familiar enough with the character to know how he is. Nice try though.

Yeah except it's not out for months and people out there are already familiar enough with the character to know how he is. Nice try though.
    then...what was the point of your question if you already had a snarky answer?

BANNED

.....don't understand the Frank Castle reference.

Lang is a favorite of mine, so I hope Spencer brings his Superior Foes game to this book.
    Last edited by Sasquatch by Night; 10-13-2014 at 08:19 PM.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

I've been a fan of Lang since his supporting stint on "Invincible Iron Man" back in the 80's. Also thought he was great in Ostrander's "Heroes for Hire." Liked him in "Alias" too so I'm all on board for this!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I've been a fan of Lang since his supporting stint on "Invincible Iron Man" back in the 80's.
    Same here! That's how I was introduced to the character. I didn't realize there was an Ant-Man before him...
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch by Night View Post
    Same here! That's how I was introduced to the character. I didn't realize there was an Ant-Man before him...
    Where did you think his suit came from? And his powers? And... his name? Scott Lang is an electronics expert. He knew nothing of biochemistry, ant behavior and biology.

Edit: but I suppose you were probably a kid back then, and these are not questions kids ask themselves
    Last edited by Mary Jay; 10-13-2014 at 02:42 PM.

I'm all for this book 100%

I like Spencer and I happen to like Lang well enough , and Spencer has a good idea of the character and knows how to craft voices for his characters especially those with a comedic tone to them.

I also LOVE, Ramon Rosanas art as I loved what he did on Spider-Man 1602 and Night of the Living Deadpool. He's gonna be spectacular on this book.

I can't wait to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    .....don't understand the Frank Castle reference.
    In remender's run he used the helmet.

BANNED

As of now my favorite Ant-Man is Frank Castle.
    Shrinking is actually an incredibly versatile power, especially when it adds super strength like Pym Particles do. It basically means he's an insanely small target that can throw itself around better than a full-sized human and hit harder, while being able to interact with a smaller world we cannot and with unparalleled infiltration ability. There's really nothing stopping a shrinker from getting in anywhere that has ventilation or plumbing, after all. And the ability to control ants can be useful for everything from surveillance to moving large objects. And, while I've only ever seen it once, the ants can always be made bigger with Pym Particles. So there's a lot of utility there.

As for his mission statement, I would imagine that's similar to most other heroes, but with the micro scale involved as well. It's actually really interesting to see heroes with unusual powers like shrinking do all the normal stuff that more standard superheroes do, because the approach just has to be completely different.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to agree that shrunken Punisher was awesome. I liked his superhuman arsenal stage.