Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It really boils my blood to see so many people hate Cassie Lang because "She joined the Pro-Registration Side". IRON MAN AND CAROL DANVERS WERE ON THAT SIDE! In fact, Carol Danvers was doing horrible things on the Pro-Side, and yet everyone is loving her now since her haircut and costume change! In fact, it's BLASPHEMY to hate Captain Marvel. But Cassie Lang gets all the hate for some reason!

I don't get it!
    Really? You've been a member of the comic-book-reading-nerd-community for a long time now (I assume) and you're still "Wha??" over fickle fandoms? We're a touchy bunch and often easily swayed by major or minor tilts on our preferences. Example: Firestar. The X-threads have been rather vocally opposed to her inclusion -- particularly during the reading of Xavier's Will and Testament -- until she spoke out against Iceman's chastizing Cyclops. Now? Now she's being praised as the sensible one. ha. Crazy kids.

Specifically addressing Cass, I don't believe that there is actually that much disdain for her. She just may not have a strong vocal fanbase on here. In some cases it feels more like insincere bandwagoning than anything else.
    Indeed. I really hope Cassie Comes back.
    With a complete make over?

BANNED

I don't really have an opinion on bringing Cassie back or not.....but wouldn't bringing her back in Antman risk having Cassie over shadow Scott or the reverse effect of minimizing Cassie ?

I ask this because in Hawkeye's book similar things occurred were Clint was either made to look like the incompetent one and Kate was made to look like the "professional" up until they split the issues between the two. Which I personally was glad when we they separated them so I could just skip her issues.

Cassie maybe a great character but I wouldn't want that to happen to her or Scott.
    Last edited by Trident; 10-14-2014 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Really? You've been a member of the comic-book-reading-nerd-community for a long time now (I assume) and you're still "Wha??" over fickle fandoms? We're a touchy bunch and often easily swayed by major or minor tilts on our preferences. Example: Firestar. The X-threads have been rather vocally opposed to her inclusion -- particularly during the reading of Xavier's Will and Testament -- until she spoke out against Iceman's chastizing Cyclops. Now? Now she's being praised as the sensible one. ha. Crazy kids.

Specifically addressing Cass, I don't believe that there is actually that much disdain for her. She just may not have a strong vocal fanbase on here. In some cases it feels more like insincere bandwagoning than anything else.
    The haters get to me sometimes. I just get edgy when I see bad news coming, like how I'm completely paranoid about Anya Corazon now.

The haters get to me sometimes. I just get edgy when I see bad news coming, like how I'm completely paranoid about Anya Corazon now.
    That seems unwarranted. She's a Spider person. Its a spider people centric story. <shrug>
    Too many people plant too many seeds of paranoia on tumblr and twitter and everywhere else.

That seems unwarranted. She's a Spider person. Its a spider people centric story. <shrug>
    Too many people plant too many seeds of paranoia on tumblr and twitter and everywhere else.
    A Spider story that plans to wipe out majority of Spider-people, as Spider-Man and his Amazing friends are now dead, 90's cartoon Spider-Man will die, and Mayday's parents are gonna die. Anya is barely mention anywhere except for being in the event. Now is a very good time to be paranoid! Especially when we'll get 3 Spider-Women books that don't mention her.

You say that, but this stuff keeps happening!

Alright, I'll try to stop, but if Anya dies, I'mma gonna be bitter!

I have no doubt. Sour grapes and black coffee.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Last issue of FF. Scott got Dr. Doom out of his armor, and jsut beat him down the entire issue. The Living Tribunal even comes down and says "Screw your couch Dr. Doom" and sealed his face to his mask.

Also, http://www.newsarama.com/22405-nycc-...awed-hero.html

Apparently Scott is gonna get his own Rogue's gallery. That's good to hear.
    That was the worst written case of PIS I'd ever seen. I could live with a straight up fight but the way Mike Allred's brother wrote it Doom was a complete idiot. Heck, back in the day Kristoff used to give Scott Lang a hard time.

And you got it wrong. The LT didn't' seal his face to the mask. He told Doom that anything bad he did from now on will cause the scars on his face to return. Supposedly, when he became the Annihilating Conquering Doom (and really, has there ever been a more ridiculous reboot name ever?) his face was restored. It always bugged me that the LT came down from on high because Doom slapped down Uatu but did nothing when Thanos killed half the universe and just shrugged it off to natural selection or something like that.

And Doom offered to bring Cassie back from the dead but Scott turned it down because it would negate her noble sacrifice. Screw that, he should have got her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And Doom offered to bring Cassie back from the dead but Scott turned it down because it would negate her noble sacrifice. Screw that, he should have got her back.
    Right, because Doom has never ever lied before, and Lang should have risked the lives of himself and his friends on the off-chance that he wasn't.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Right, because Doom has never ever lied before, and Lang should have risked the lives of himself and his friends on the off-chance that he wasn't.
    What risk? We already know from his "confession" that he was the one to blame for HoM and Disassembled. If we choose to believe it (Wolverine and Cyclops doubted it) then he could conjure up the Life Force again. It's not like people haven't been brought back from the dead before. Scott Lang's own return from death was pretty gimmicky. It's not like thousands of fans were demanding his return. He was brought back because a movie was in development. She could be brought back by the same reasoning. Do we know if she will be mentioned at all in the movie?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    What risk? We already know from his "confession" that he was the one to blame for HoM and Disassembled. If we choose to believe it (Wolverine and Cyclops doubted it) then he could conjure up the Life Force again. It's not like people haven't been brought back from the dead before. Scott Lang's own return from death was pretty gimmicky. It's not like thousands of fans were demanding his return. He was brought back because a movie was in development. She could be brought back by the same reasoning. Do we know if she will be mentioned at all in the movie?
    They haven't mentioned a daughter yet, but I think most people are expecting her to have one. And really, Ant-Man could use Cassie's presence to help differentiate him even further from the other MCU heroes. At the moment, only Drax is a father, and he thinks his daughter is dead. So a single father is a unique position right now.

I think they probably are going to work her into the movie, but the silence is weird. They probably don't want to spur speculation of a Young Avengers movie yet. (Which, off topic, if it where to happen really should be the classic lineup with the addition of Kamala Khan, who fits in perfectly with that team.)

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    They haven't mentioned a daughter yet, but I think most people are expecting her to have one. And really, Ant-Man could use Cassie's presence to help differentiate him even further from the other MCU heroes. At the moment, only Drax is a father, and he thinks his daughter is dead. So a single father is a unique position right now.

I think they probably are going to work her into the movie, but the silence is weird. They probably don't want to spur speculation of a Young Avengers movie yet. (Which, off topic, if it where to happen really should be the classic lineup with the addition of Kamala Khan, who fits in perfectly with that team.)
    I think that's exactly why I get annoyed that they don't stress that Scott is a father in the film description. I'm half expecting that Cassie will be dead whenthe movie starts.