Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

I love this actor. He's great.

Don't f*** with Querns.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    A lot of people just assumed (and complained) that Johnny Storm was going to be the adopted sibling.

Even with this casting news people shouldn't assume that Johnny and Sue wont be biologically related.
    They'll probably both be adopted.

I would much prefer both Storms be black but the racebending is the least of this film's problems (Fox trying to hire another director right before production would be the big one) and Jordan is easily the best cast of the four.

I guess we can't go downhill from the last couple movies, but a grim n' gritty Fantastic Four reboot really does sound terrible, and I liked Chronicle a lot.

So Sue's gonna be adopted right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    So Sue's gonna be adopted right?
    She could be adopted, they could be children of different marriages, they could both be adopted.
    A bunch of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    They'll probably both be adopted.

I would much prefer both Storms be black but the racebending is the least of this film's problems (Fox trying to hire another director right before production would be the big one) and Jordan is easily the best cast of the four.

I guess we can't go downhill from the last couple movies, but a grim n' gritty Fantastic Four reboot really does sound terrible, and I liked Chronicle a lot.
    That was a rumor that one person started, nearly everyone else debunked it and the person who originally started the rumor walked it back later.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    If they're making Human Torch black, why isn't Invisible Woman black as well? Looks like they wanted to add diversity but were too afraid to go all the way.
    They're willing to change the race of what's arguably the least proeminent character of the team but no way the female lead can be black as well. :/
    I think it has less to do with wanting to add diversity and more to do with the director really wanting to work with Michael B. Jordan again.

All-New Member

Sue was adopted. Who knew?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I think it has less to do with wanting to add diversity and more to do with the director really wanting to work with Michael B. Jordan again.
    This. Josh Trank basically already cast Michael B Jordan to play Johnny Storm in Chronicle. I don't know why anybody would be surprised that he'd do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    This. Josh Trank basically already cast Michael B Jordan to play Johnny Storm in Chronicle. I don't know why anybody would be surprised that he'd do it again.
    As I've said before, anyone that's familiar with Michael B Jordan's previous work will know he's actually a very good pick.

Extraordinary Member

Wow. This is amazing news. I hope the movie is well written and still maintains some great action.

Throughout these FF casting discussions, I see a lot of people getting up in arms about "diversity for the sake of diversity." Setting aside the notion that that's not automatically the worst thing in the world, would those people accuse the original creators of racism for making them all white in the first place? I hear a lot of people say, "they should just make new characters of color rather than change white ones" but those creators back then were creating characters from scratch and could have been more inclusive then, no? Ohh, but then people would say that that was just a sign of the times - that's "just how things were back then," Yes, it was. and why? Because they wanted to SELL BOOKS. And "sign o' the times" now - guess who wants to SELL TICKETS? Diversity is about making money, just as having the characters be all white back in the day was about making money. So it's what it's always been about - making money, not some social agenda.

Feel better?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    A lot of people just assumed (and complained) that Johnny Storm was going to be the adopted sibling.

Even with this casting news people shouldn't assume that Johnny and Sue wont be biologically related.
    Ok, I'm guessing Johnny is his son, and Sue is daughter to lady he's married to -- and together they have a Brady Bunch kind of family.
    Hey, its fun to speculate.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CK99 View Post
    Ok, I'm guessing Johnny is his son, and Sue is daughter to lady he's married to -- and together they have a Brady Bunch kind of family.
    Hey, its fun to speculate.
    Or, it could be the Willises all over again. Just racially flipped. (Tom and Helen Willis from "The Jeffersons" and their biological children, Alan and Jenny. Tom and Alan were white, Helen and Jenny were Black. At this point, we've got Black male Storm family members and a white female Storm family member.)

Spectacular Member

Sue could be straight up biracial. In a Rashida Jones/Wentworth Miller kinda way.

So basically every single one of the posters in the diversity thread were right when we said not to jump to conclusions regarding the family dynamics.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 05-08-2014 at 08:20 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum