Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Roven Confirms Wonder Woman's Demi-god Origin For Batman vs. Superman

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/13/wond...man-confirmed/

Great. Now Hollywood is pushing this masculinization of Diana's origin.......
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Sad. They are putting to much in the movie already . This is going to bomb if they keep adding stuff to the movie.

I saw this coming from a mile away. Most of the peeps are Hollywood are men, so naturally they will all be for tying Diana's abilities (at least her most exemplary) to a male character. Of course we don't know how prominent Zeus and his family will be in her film series, but I'm assuming very, "So that the boys will be able to relate to her more."

So, I'm not too happy about it but, whatevs.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Mighty Member

Cool.

Batman = Sad.
    Superman = Alien.
    Wonder Woman = God.

I don't see the problem with her being the daughter of Hippolyta. How being birthed without a mother would make her special (frankly, I'v never seen an explanation on how that plays into her character other some sort of perception of "perfection".). For me it's what she stands for, and especially if that is tested.

About the movie. It'll probably be Batman vs Superman through out with some inclusion of other characters ("heroes" if you will) towards the end. She'll probably have a bit more of a spotlight than others, but it probably won't be much more than flexing muscles and some details.

Hopefully a movie will follow shortly after for the Wonder Woman/God of War/Queen of the Amazons
    Last edited by borntohula; 10-13-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Sad. They are putting to much in the movie already . This is going to bomb if they keep adding stuff to the movie.
    But what has been added? Wonder Woman was already in the movie. Her roots aren't an addition, it's just part of her being there. I expected this. And it makes sense if they intend her movie series to be based on the current run.
    I don't like the change, per se, but it has great potential for movies...the family fighting/drama and all. I'm guessing in WONDER WOMAN we will see Strife, Hera, Hermes, War, Zeus and Amazons, all her "family" but not in BvS.
    Last edited by RealWonderman; 10-13-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

I'm not against the demi-god origin, but I prefer the clay one. It makes her more unique instead of another Hercules character.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

I think this is perfect! I'm so longing for the movie to come out!

[I posted something snarky and negative here, but instead I'm just going to bow out and continue to avoid WW portrayals that don't speak to me. To each his own.]
    Last edited by Largo161; 10-13-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

BANNED

This is a complete reversal of the great news we got yesterday concerning Wonder Woman 77. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I like Gal Gadot even less now.

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    I'm not against the demi-god origin, but I prefer the clay one. It makes her more unique instead of another Hercules character.
    Pretty much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    This is a complete reversal of the great news we got yesterday concerning Wonder Woman 77. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. I like Gal Gadot even less now.
    What does Gal Gadot have to do with this?
    Other than portraying the character.

"You're dead!"- Soldier

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Tr. only thing is that with the crisis event coming up next year it makes no sense and less originality with the Hercules movie just release . Might people this her has a female Hercules instead? It's that origin that's been done to death .

I'm fine with this as I'm a huge fan of Azzarello's WW (its one of the few versions of her that doesn't make me wanna groan myself to death) and seeing that be incorporated here is great news. Still, Id prefer it if she wasn't in this movie at all. 1) I don't see much reason to include her yet and 2) the sheer amount of fanboy pissing and moaning over how it took yet another man to destroy the character of WW (never mind the fact her fanbase is a fickle bunch you couldn't please no matter how you tried) is already giving me a gargantuan head ache.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Pretty much this.

What does Gal Gadot have to do with this?
    Other than portraying the character.
    I didn't say it was fair. lol I was already unhappy with the decision to cast her in the role, this is just another knock against her portrayal of Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I didn't say it was fair. lol I was already unhappy with the decision to cast her in the role, this is just another knock against her portrayal of Wonder Woman.
    Oh, okay.

10char

"You're dead!"- Soldier

As I said... The Glory of Azzarello run cannot be stopped!
    "It is the dawn that brings the pain, the night that brings the dream."

"Come find me when you wake up."