Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    QFT ... Her birth story has never meant much to her Origin IMO ... And to be honest I never liked the powers coming as blessings part. I preferred her training being the source of her powers as it shows how she earned them in her own way. When Perez reinvented Diana and the Amazons he made some fundamental changes to the mythology Marston created. Not all of that was good IMO.

Her now being the child of Zeus is rather irrelevant IMO, her powers come from the divine lineage now instead of being bestowed upon her but her training and the way she was raised are what make her WW ... Without that part she would be no different than Powergirl or Big Barda or Supergirl.
    there's tons of difference between barda or supergirl and WW that have nothing to do with the origin

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    there's tons of difference between barda or supergirl and WW that have nothing to do with the origin
    There really wouldn't be if Diana hadn't been raised an Amazon by Hippolyta ... she'd be just another powerhouse warrior woman without Paradise Island and her Amazon heritage. IMO that is Diana's origin, not Zeus, or the female gods blessing her with powers.

This is why I like she gets her powers from Amazons training than some gods blessing her. Why can't she be good in her training without the whole god blessing her and after her winning the contest she gets the boost. In the Newspaper comics Marston does not have Diana hid her identity . Her by Aphrodite had to let all amazon be in the contest. One thing I hope they don't make her the only child but no man killing or baby trading
    image.jpg