Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I don't like how they're bringing this back.
    They're bringing EVERYTHING back...well not everything...

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Without addressing issues of viewer comprehension, the number of remaining secret files and artifacts evident in the later episodes and second season of Agents of SHIELD strongly suggest that not everything was really in those digital files Natasha uploaded. I imagine either that there were always things they didn't commit to those servers, or that either Fury or Hydra or both were keeping stuff offline intermittently, or both, such that all the 084 and Gifted individual files weren't in the uploads or were at least incomplete and/or redacted.
    What they were doing was trying to recover the artifacts that had been confiscated, or protect the ones that HYDRA was after. Gifted or unusual individuals seemed to be on the servers, if not their complete history, since they knew about Man-Thing, but not the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    What they were doing was trying to recover the artifacts that had been confiscated, or protect the ones that HYDRA was after. Gifted or unusual individuals seemed to be on the servers, if not their complete history, since they knew about Man-Thing, but not the details.
    The file on the original 084 was something that was floating around for sale, not in Natasha's upload or that file wouldn't have been worth anything. The most relevant data on the Gifted individuals such as Creel and whatever Blizzard's real name was doesn't seem to have been in the upload either; some of it wasn't even available to Coulson's bunch, having been kept secret by Hydra inside SHIELD, while pretty much nothing must have been in the public upload available to Talbot about the range of Creel's abilities, or he would have released that you don't have your guards open his transparent cell. Even the locations of many bases doesn't seem to have been included, otherwise Talbot's Army forces or others would have been getting to more of them.

EDIT: Although I suppose the data on Creel's powers that he could absorb anything might have been in there, and Talbot and his men are supposed to be so dumb they didn't believe it or think about the implications. It makes more sense and for a better story if we assume that a secret organization kept many things secret even from itself, rather than in one big collection of files on a single server that a single agent, no matter how badass, could just upload to the Web all at once.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 10-15-2014 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    ...from watching the movie? Her mission (while Steve and Sam took out the helicarriers) was to expose Hydra.

Remember the whole scene where she's holding Pierce hostage while uploading the files? The news reports and her tribunal after?

She exposed SHIELD/Hydra's files and records (including her own history, which Pierce suggested at one point that she might not want to do). That was the whole crux of the movie: SHEILD had been completely disbanded because she'd exposed them to the world.

How did you miss this? :/
    Yes, how did I miss this. I remember Natasha downloading data on an info stick, but I thought that was for her personal use, not to disperse it all over the world. Is that what she did with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Wow, Marvel is really jumping the shark.
    Psst!! They jumped the shark in the mid 00's

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Marvel has a weird two-track attitude to nostalgia.

On the one hand, since 2001 they try to minimize the importance of old continuity and tell older fans that it's important to appeal to new readers who don't remember the old stories.

On the other hand, they are constantly referring back to old stories - their events tend to be rehashes, retellings or reboots of older events. In the last few years we've had the return of the Phoenix (AvX), the return of Onslaught (AXIS), and now we're getting a new Secret Wars, some story being advertised with the tagline "No more mutants." Even if we're not actually getting a new "Civil War," what is this but nostalgia?

In some ways these events are the worst of both worlds (which is why nobody does their best work on them) - obsessed with old comics, confusing to new readers, but too rehash-y for experienced readers. At least the original Civil War, while not a good story, was a fairly new thing in the Marvel Universe at the time.
    Can I +1 y? (JNBBB)