Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The moment I saw Spidey in that image I started wondering whether they'll be counting the OMD reboot or not if this is a flashback and whether or not we'll have married Peter and MJ for the first time in a long time in comics. I guess an animated movie would be interesting, but I could also believe a series of one shots revisiting Marvel events of recent years to compliment Secret Wars?

I can still see Stark being pro-reg in the MCU. It's completely within his character to think SHIELD could only work if its under his guidance and attempt to revitalize it. And judging by his speech in Iron Man 1 about accountability, I can also see him heading in the direction of wanting to register heroes and pushing for the SHRA to pass.

For the record though, completely against a Civil War movie.

iMan 42s

Wasn't there was a what if where Steve and Tony had been on the same side? Why not that? Tony isn't exactly against working with the government. He does contracts and he let iron patriot happen didn't he? Still with shield gone Tony could step up as director and try to run things his way or rather become super paranoid like in secret invaison.

Confirmed part of Secret Wars. New teaser is AoU vs. Marvel Zombies.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Wasn't there was a what if where Steve and Tony had been on the same side? Why not that? Tony isn't exactly against working with the government. He does contracts and he let iron patriot happen didn't he? Still with shield gone Tony could step up as director and try to run things his way or rather become super paranoid like in secret invaison.
    Civil War had a couple of What If's, there was one where Tony died during Extremis and Steve became the face of Registration, leading to a darker situation where all the heroes went up against Henry Gyrich and SHIELD with Sentinel Cape Killers and a small army of Thor Clones. And then a lighter one where Tony and Steve agreed to talk and things were resolved far more peacefully by Tony having only Steve know the identity of the registered heroes, thus taking the government out of the problem. And they did other ones tying to Civil War with Annhilation and Fallen Son (where instead of Red Skull having Cap killed, Tony is killed by an enraged Tom Foster for the death of his uncle).

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I can still see Stark being pro-reg in the MCU. It's completely within his character to think SHIELD could only work if its under his guidance and attempt to revitalize it. And judging by his speech in Iron Man 1 about accountability, I can also see him heading in the direction of wanting to register heroes and pushing for the SHRA to pass.

For the record though, completely against a Civil War movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    SHIELD in itself probably remains on the outs for a while, since they seem to want to play with that rogue secret organization idea in the TV show. However, I suppose between the idea that he'll be ashamed of the consequences of trying to handle everything by himself outside the government in Age of Ultron, and the Secretary of Defense line thrown in as far back as Iron Man 2, we could see movie Tony have a change of heart and decide that government control wasn't so bad if he was the guy in charge.

Since we see Glenn Talbot on Agents and there are rumors of a Tony-Hulk fight in Age of Ultron (oh no, not our Science Bros!), a rogue Hulk who needs to be shot into space ala Planet Hulk (and lead into World War Hulk cinematic version) could also be a part of what convinces Tony that superheroes (other than himself, of course) need to be placed under firmer control.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    please no. Civil War was awful. and i am so tired of heroes fighting heroes.
    CW was awesome...we/SZ r tired of heros fyting villains retreading every day of every wk, if heroes hv any humanity in dem dey wudnt always get along.

4 instance:

Cap Rogers & Punisher hv an entirely diffrnt undrstnding of wat justice is.....CW.

Heroes shd always consider damage 2 public property which costs d govt 100's of millions in repair,(valuable fund datcud b re-directed elseshrlyk say educatn 4 example) certainly sum heros dnt gv a shyt as long as d bad guys r put down or captured....CW.

Heros shd b respnsible abt hw dey use their pwr(supapwrs, weapons, skillz, etc), sum dnt gv a shyt.....CW.

Cant wait...bring it on Marvl.
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 10-14-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Can we stop freaking out now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    We've also been through it with EVERY COMIC SINCE 1962. How did you guys ever get interested in comics at all? They've been built on hero vs. hero since Day 1.
    Same thoughts here!

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's...it's been hard cause Marvel has been putting out less and less stuff I want to follow and everything I do follow gets canned. And not to mention, the characters I do like tend to get killed of.

...seriously, I think I'm tittering at wits ends with comics!
    U aint gettin' any othr comix frm DC, Image, DH, Boom!, Dynamite, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Same thoughts here!

U aint gettin' any othr comix frm DC, Image, DH, Boom!, Dynamite, etc?
    I'm picking up 4 (Soon to be 3 with the WW creation team change) DC books, Wayword, Wicked and the Divine, Big Trouble in Little China and Death Vigil

BANNED

Sum really interesting specul8ns here:

Marvel’s ‘Civil War': 5 Things You Should Know
    October 13, 2014 | 08:06PM PT
    Senior TV Editor
    Brian Steinberg
    Senior TV Editor @bristei
    http://variety.com/2014/film/news/ma...ow-1201329224/

Will fans of the blockbuster “Avengers” series of movies bite? Below, a few issues (not the printed kind) to consider:

1) *Real life has intruded upon the comics before…
    Marvel isn’t the first to inject a little reality into the world of costumed adventuring. Rival DC Comics, owned by Time Warner, has used the “what if our heroes had to deal with real life” theme in some of its most memorable works. In the 1970s, writer Dennis O’Neil and artist Neal Adams crafted a series of comics featuring Green Arrow and Green Lantern taking a trip across America and forced to deal with the problems of poverty, racism and drug abuse (even Green Arrow’s sidekick developed a heroin addiction). In 2004, writer Brad Meltzer and artist Rags Morales unveiled “Identity Crisis,” which forced the Justice League and other heroes to deal with the fact that their loved ones would be natural targets for anyone who wanted to gain revenge on them (the Elongated Man’s wife was among the casualties).

2) *Captain America faces death….
    The Star-Spangled Avenger can face down enemy spies, weapons of mass destruction, even kooky villains like Batroc the Leaper (don’t ask) .But can he escape death ordered by the company that publishes his adventures? As part of the “Civil War” storyline, Captain America is assassinated after he is taken into custody by government agency S.H.I.E.L.D. (don’t worry, kids: he comes back like every other dead superhero). Can Marvel keep one of its more successful movie franchises going if the hero at the center of the thing is dead, lost, or –shudder – replaced by another actor?

3) *There’s another big superhero battle brewing a few weeks earlier….
    Just as “Civil War” will show Captain America taking on Iron Man, DC Comics has plans for something similar. “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” is expected to launch in theaters on March 25, 2016, while “Captain America 3,” which will kick off the “Civil War” storyline, is supposed to debut May 6, 2016. Will fans line up for both?

4) *The pivotal event that kicks off “Civil War” features a bunch of C-listers….
    At the heart of the debate in “Civil War” is an ill-fated attempt by a group of lesser-known Marvel heroes known as the New Warriors (Namorita and Speedball are among their ranks) to tackle villain Nitro in Stamford, Conn. As a result of the battle, the northeastern city is decimated and hundreds are killed. Will comics fans spend their social-media time trying to figure out who will be cast as some of these younger unknowns?

5) *Marvel may have to unveil dozens of new Avengers
    … Just as Captain America and Iron Man split, so too does Marvel’s best-known super-team, the Avengers. Different teams sprout up around each hero. On Cap’s side: Daredevil, Luke Cage, The Falcon, Black Panther and Hulkling. On Iron Man’s: Ms. Marvel, Ares and Black Widow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I'm picking up 4 (Soon to be 3 with the WW creation team change) DC books, Wayword, Wicked and the Divine, Big Trouble in Little China and Death Vigil
    Duuuude, u shd sooo get "RAVINE".

Sum othr suggestns:

Spawn #250(retrn of AL SIMMONS with a fresh jump-on point)
    EARTH 2
    FUTURES END weekly
    Miles Morales: Ultim8 Spidrman
    Spidrman 2099
    Constantine
    Justice League Dark
    Artifacts
    Rai
    Unity
    Q2: Quantum & Woody (Kristofer Priest retrns 2 writing comix)
    Harbinger
    ....just mentioning a few.

BANNED

Sooo Rogers will b bk as CA by summer 2015?

Sheesh....seems Falcap wont last a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Sooo Rogers will b bk as CA by summer 2015?

Sheesh....seems Falcap wont last a few months.
    It's a teaser for Secret Wars. Alternate timeline type deal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    It's a teaser for Secret Wars. Alternate timeline type deal.
    Hw sure r u?

Wats ur source?