Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm passing on this, shame because i've been waiting for more Black Alice.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Astonishing Member

Strix, huh? Cool.

I really don't mind any inclusion of characters I'm not that fond of because hopefully you know, they're expendable.

Basically except for Catman hopefully they're all expendable. Though I'm fond enough of Strix. But I like Strix as a Bird of Prey. But whatever.

As long as Scandal runs the show and Floyd shows up some day, no worries.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    What's wrong with Assault on Arkham? its praise as one of DC's best animated films.
    no, i meant that there's no way their going to deprive suicide squad of the guy who was, for all intents and purposes, the main star of a successful suicide squad movie

Eh? Not a fan of that choice.

BANNED

I welcome this announcement with positivity and excitement.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

At first, I thought this was great... Then I remembered Gail created a new Ventriloquist that I really dislike.

That said, I refuse to let this dull my effervescent enthusiasm towards this book.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Catman - Yay!

Black Alice - Yay!

Strix - Yay!

The Ventriloquist - MEH!

BANNED

D last 2 unannounced membrs will determine whethr we/SZ will get dis buk or nt.

Incredible Member

It's a shame Bane won't be appearing in her book because I loved her version of Bane but this might be one of the few books I pick up from DC.

All-New Member

I actually love the Ventriloquist myself.. even if it wasn't Gail Simone writing out a new Secret Six(two things that would each automatically put the series on my Want List) - the Ventriloquist is someone I genuinely find disturbing and fascinating, all at once, and am eager to see her more explored.

I don't think Gail could have picked a line-up I'd want to avoid more than Black Alice, Strix and (especially) the new Ventriloquist--but of course, two more team members are still to be announced so I guess she could yet prove me wrong. I was looking forward to this series but at that this point I suppose I'll just give it a one-issue try and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I thought this was already confirmed

Im sad to see such a terrible character in a book like this instead of many other viable options
    This title was already on my future pull list...but damn, did I dislike the hell out of this character in Batgirl (conversely, Ragdoll better be one of the last two because he WAS as fun, interesting, and dangerous during his issue in Batgirl as he was before in Secret Six). Maybe she'll read better in a team setting...or just be off by herself, in the background, not doing or touching anything. Just existing.

I didn't know about Strix either. Who seems like a weird pick for this.

If Scandal or Ragdoll isn't one of the cast members, I don't care who else is revealed, I'm directly blaming it on the Ventriloquist. I would have also loved Bane again (who's relationship with Scandal was probably one of my favourite things in the book) but I'd put that at a 100% chance of not happening.
    Last edited by Just Is; 10-15-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    Pulling: Spider-Gwen, All New Captain America, Ms Marvel, Secret Six, Daredevil, Uncanny X-Men, Grayson, Batman, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, A-Force, Cyborg, Starfire

BANNED

No Scandal, no buy.

I'm happy with any members on the team tbh. I mean, before she got her hands on him, Catman was deemed a joke, and we've only seen a short glimpse of what this Ventriloquist can offer. Patience is a virtue as they say!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    No Scandal, no buy.
    Kinda feeling similar since at the moment only draw for me is Catman and hope that lightning that was pre-flashpoint Secret Six will strike again, having Scandal on the team would definitely make me more comfortable about this title.