Super Moderator

Default Keanu Reeves Responds to "Doctor Strange" Chatter

Keanu Reeves expresses hesitancy uneasiness about a long-term commitment, but remains open to the idea of starring in a comic book film.

Full article here.

I don't think this is a suitable role for Mr. Reeves. He plays things in a very understated, minimalistic fashion that I doubt would translate well to a part that requires a good degree of dramatic gravitas.I would love to see him succeed in a big comic book movie, but I doubt Doctor Strange is that vehicle. I'd dearly love to be proven wrong, though.

I do think his monotone voice would work well. Not my top choice but I wouldn't mind him getting the role. The mans been through hell recently so I hope he does get a big franchise to rake in all the money. He deserves it more then most actors. But like you said his characters come off understated and Strange needs to be all consuming when hes shouting out words that sound like non sense.

I love Keanu. I think he doesn't deserve any of the criticism he usually gets. That said, I don't think he should try another comic book movie. Constantine was just too much of a disappointment. I don't think he should try to fix it. He should do what Ben Affleck did and move on until a more suitable role comes his way.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

his last franchise was what, the Matrix? Heh. Too much "similarity" for the general public.

I'm not a big fan of him but he's the one name I have had the least have a problem with to play Doc so far. Not cause he would be great but cause I wouldn't find him annoying like the others mentioned.

Johnny Depp can do Dr Strange. Depp may owe Disney his soul for the money he lost them on The Lone Ranger so maybe he would be an easier person to sign to a multi picture and appearance deal because of that fiasco earlier.