Super Moderator

Default Maurer Gets Embedded With the "Punisher"

Bestselling author Kevin Maurer discusses his "Punisher" arc, pitting Frank Castle and a special forces medic against the villainous Crossbones and a drug cartel.

Full article here.

I loved Rucka's run. I thought it was really smart and it brought a lot of this mission-oriented Punisher to it. I think Nathan has tried to infuse a little more personality into him and I try to straddle the line.

Like I said, I think Rucka's run was fantastic, but I think his Punisher was more of an exterior force. The story was not being driven solely by him and I think Nathan has taken it back to letting the Punisher drive the story. I like both of those runs and I try to embrace both takes.
    I like this

Spectacular Member

So far I'm really liking the current on Punisher and I'm looking forward to this two-parter. Crossbones showing up is awesome, and makes sense visually since he also has the whole skull motif going on. And wow Marvel doesn't allow any characters to smoke? That's incredibly lame. They can have the main character gunning down dozens of people an issue, but somebody smoking? Nope! that's gotta go...

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It was a thing from Joe Q that apparently stuck. And yeah, it is weird when you consider everything else that happens in comics, and kinda pointless when it comes to influence.

I wish Carnero took over the art duties for good.

Sorry, Mr Maurer. I'm calling it quits after the current arc finishes in #6. Cutting down on my Marvel titles due to the high prices/poor paper quality combo Marvel loves to use. I might pick up this arc in collected form, though.