Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default BATMAN AND ROBIN #35 Preview

BATMAN AND ROBIN #35 Preview: Bat-Family Conspires to Hitch a Ride to Apokolips.

http://www.newsarama.com/22429-atman...apokolips.html

...I hate Geoff Johns

Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    ...I hate Geoff Johns
    I don't get it....

Dick is missing out on the best bat family storyline in forever
    nice to see bat cow is still around
    who is the cat again?

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    I don't get it....
    Because of the Forever Evil "fallout" Dick doesn't get to go to Apokolips, and maybe if Dick wasn't "dead" then he might have been the one to go get Cyborg to cooperate here. Some people have been hoping those two could interact more, or at all I guess.

...I hate Geoff Johns
    I don't. Hell, i thank him. If not for him Dick would probably still just be doing much of nothing, spinning his wheels between Bat events. Whats Johns did forced them to have to do something with Dick for a change. Ya, he's missing out on some Bat family stories right now, where he would get to be a supporting character in a couple pages. Still though, worth it. Dicks busy with his own thing for once.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-13-2014 at 05:03 PM.

BANNED

The cat is actually Dick, using Hypnos.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don't. Hell, i thank him. If not for him Dick would probably still just be doing much of nothing, spinning his wheels between Bat events. Whats Johns did forced them to have to do something with Dick for a change. Ya, he's missing out on some Bat family stories right now, where he would get to be a supporting character in a couple pages. Still though, worth it. Dicks busy with his own thing for once.
    Eh, it is Tomasi. I don't think it would have just been a few pages just to be a supporting character. When Tomasi has used Dick in the New 52 he has used him arguably better than anyone.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Th issue shows some promise but I wish Gleason would set on a look for Jason.

Dick IS doing much of nothing. Yes the stories are fun, some are great it has good art but is all as unimportant as always, and it could have been done without FE. The only thing Johns did for Dick was isolated him even more.

And is not just a bat storie like Eternal or something with the Joker. Is Damian's rescue from Apokolips. Is not worth it.

Dick IS doing much of nothing. Yes the stories are fun, some are great it has good art but is all as unimportant as always, and it could have been done without FE. The only thing Johns did for Dick was isolated him even more.

And is not just a bat storie like Eternal or something with the Joker. Is Damian's rescue from Apokolips. Is not worth it.
    It's is though. I adore Dick and Damian, but this is still Baman and Damian's story. Where Dick would only be a supporting player. Grayson is worth missing out on support roles for a time, where he appears in a couple pages at best and it's not about him or his development.

Also as for him being more isolated. 3 issues in he already has a new partner and has interacted with other Dc, non batfamily, characters. And sure they could have probably done Grayson with out FE, but the question is would they.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-13-2014 at 06:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    The cat is actually Dick, using Hypnos.
    Untitled.jpg

I stand by that theory.

It's is though. I adore Dick and Damian, but this is still Baman and Damian's story. Where Dick would only be a supporting player. Grayson is worth missing out on support roles for a time, where he appears in a couple pages at best.

Also as for him being more isolated. 3 issues in he already has a new partner and has interacted with other Dc, non batfamily, characters. And sure they could have probably done Grayson with out FE, but the question is would they.
    Why wouldn't they? They relaunch Batgirl and she didn't had to be a hostage, "die" or missing anything to have a book with a completely new direction. Green Arrow changed completely with Lemire and Sorrentino and Olive is still part of a Justice League (I think).

Damian is probably the most important relationship Dick has in the New 52. It sucks Dick can be part of this just because John wanted something that would do an impression. It was all for vanity

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Cactus View Post
    Untitled.jpg

I stand by that theory.
    Ha! That's funny.

BANNED

Man, using one of Bruce anti-JLA Plans, this isn't going to end well for the Batman family, if and when Cyborg and the others JLA finds out about this....in this new "world."

Why wouldn't they? They relaunch Batgirl and she didn't had to be a hostage, "die" or missing anything to have a book with a completely new direction. Green Arrow changed completely with Lemire and Sorrentino and Olive is still part of a Justice League (I think).

Damian is probably the most important relationship Dick has in the New 52. It sucks Dick can be part of this just because John wanted something that would do an impression. It was all for vanity
    DC has complacency issues with Dick, and his book wasn't selling in the gutter like GA, nor did it seem his writer wanted off like with Batgirl. Which they didn't technically relaunch. Also given how off guard they seem to have been with the whole thing, i doesn't look to me they were expecting a shake up with Dick.

Also again, while it sucks Dick can't hang with Damian right now. What he's busy with makes up for it. Plus this story isn't about Dick's relationship with Damian, but Bruce's relationship with Damian.
    And I think John clearly ran out of room with what he wanted to do with Dick, but i don't think it was vanity. Dick needed a shake up, the Nightwing role was bastardize, someone had to do something. So he killed the Nightwing persona, and forced them to have to try something different and come up with a new role for Dick.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 10-13-2014 at 07:13 PM.