Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, #1

Miles Morales keeps on keeping on in another great outing from Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez in "Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man" #1.

Full review here.

FyrFytr998

Come on BMB. Follow the Ultimate U canon. Who cares what's going on in the 616. You're better than that.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I'm sure he knows the canon considering how much of a hand he has had in UU...

BANNED

I don't buy that being Peter at all. Him going straight to Miles' house to get some old stuff? I just don't buy it. He would've gone to Aunt May or Mary Jane or Gwen or Kitty or SOMEone that he left behind. How would he have even known who Miles was?

Quote Originally Posted by rauj13 View Post
    I don't buy that being Peter at all. Him going straight to Miles' house to get some old stuff? I just don't buy it. He would've gone to Aunt May or Mary Jane or Gwen or Kitty or SOMEone that he left behind. How would he have even known who Miles was?
    Don't forget about the person watching in the bushes at the end of 200.
    Clearly whoever this person is, they're after the web-shooters/web formula cause there is literally nothing else of value to take from Peter's home or Miles'. They went into Peter's house when everyone left, saw Miles and realized he was the new Spider-Man. Followed him home to see if he had them.

Spectacular Member

I buy Miles dad abandoning him simply because he feels that Miles is responsible for the death of wife and his brother. It'd be pretty hard to live with someone who in your mind killed both your wife and brother even if that person is his son.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aruran. View Post
    Don't forget about the person watching in the bushes at the end of 200.
    Clearly whoever this person is, they're after the web-shooters/web formula cause there is literally nothing else of value to take from Peter's home or Miles'. They went into Peter's house when everyone left, saw Miles and realized he was the new Spider-Man. Followed him home to see if he had them.
    Maybe. Still doesn't explain to me why he wouldn't go to his family first.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

It's Bendis's faux-teenage patter that grinds the narrative to an absolute crawl. I read Rookie magazine and Thought Catalog, modern teenagers have been communication-enhanced through online media for their formative lives. Repeating themselves and stilted attempts at shared tics and exchanges just feel like such an outdated sitcom-level idea of what teens sound like.

All-New Member The Amazing Spider-Man's Avatar

It was an entertaining read and I'm definitely interested in how the story pans out. I don't want it to be Peter.

I want an Ultimate Scarlet Spider

Quote Originally Posted by suss2it View Post
    I buy Miles dad abandoning him simply because he feels that Miles is responsible for the death of wife and his brother. It'd be pretty hard to live with someone who in your mind killed both your wife and brother even if that person is his son.
    I agree with you. You hit the nail on the head.
    Last edited by The Amazing Spider-Man; 05-08-2014 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    It's Bendis's faux-teenage patter that grinds the narrative to an absolute crawl. I read Rookie magazine and Thought Catalog, modern teenagers have been communication-enhanced through online media for their formative lives. Repeating themselves and stilted attempts at shared tics and exchanges just feel like such an outdated sitcom-level idea of what teens sound like.
    Such a fancy way of saying stop trying to be Sorkin
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Spectacular Member

You're right. This guy seems obsessed with being Spider-Man. And that as much as confirm that this guy is not Peter Parker. And I betcha this guy will end up beating the crap out of Norman with great ease a few issues later. And people will believe he's the real deal.

Maybe he did!

All-New Member

I've been loving everything Miles Morales since he took over but I just don't know how to feel about this issue. Equal parts love and hate. The Spider-Man twins angle feels weird because those twins looked more like something the Beetle would cook up. There were resemblances to Spidey but it resembled Beetle way more, especially the ultimate one.

I'm like 90% certain that these twins are actually the Chameleon Twins intro'd shortly before Peter Parker passed away. They were both being held at Triskellion last we saw them and then with all the Galactus stuff that happened...not too much of a stretch to believe they got released. So yeah, definitely putting my eggs in the basket that Peter is actually just one of the Chameleons.

On the upside though, we got to see Norman Osborn with a beard and he looks like such a badass. Beards make everyone more badass and that's definitely something Bendis knows. Looking forward to the places Bendis takes Miles in the future.