Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not sure if that is Batman or Joker in disguise.
    Straight Shot Mob

BANNED

Why is it that people dont like these? Theyre very unique and well done.

Spectacular Member swing kinker's Avatar

Lovely detail but strangely feminine faces for the men.

For a minute I was worried. I thought it said Jim Lee figures, great should be cheap since they'll all have the same facial features.

I like Jae Lee's art, not so much in 3D. If I buy any of these it'll be the Catwoman figure. The others look deformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Geek View Post
    Definitely. Not mine either but they do look like Jae Lee's drawing about as well as a figure could.

I have all of them so far as well. Well, all 4. I believe Wave 2 is out in November?

The one I didn't get is The Riddler, since he is very similar to the one from Hush which i already have, eventhough Capullo's is clearly a superior figure. Might get it down the line , but no rush. Getting Freeze from series 2 and maybe Catwoman if they improved her since I last saw the figure. From series 3 Gordon, Babs and 2 face (looks way better than the Long Halloween Harvey I have).

As for Jae Lee stuff, I guess people that don't like these are just not a fan of his art, because the only way I see these improving is by adding more articulation which might happen since these are prototypes.

Quote Originally Posted by bat1987 View Post
    The one I didn't get is The Riddler, since he is very similar to the one from Hush which i already have, eventhough Capullo's is clearly a superior figure. Might get it down the line , but no rush. Getting Freeze from series 2 and maybe Catwoman if they improved her since I last saw the figure. From series 3 Gordon, Babs and 2 face (looks way better than the Long Halloween Harvey I have).

As for Jae Lee stuff, I guess people that don't like these are just not a fan of his art, because the only way I see these improving is by adding more articulation which might happen since these are prototypes.
    Well I don't have any figures at all. However I'm considering Batman (normal version), Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Two Face and Gordon.

BANNED

I'm looking for the PERFECT Wonder Woman action figure. The Brian Bolland-inspired statue was the best, but I haven't found an action figure of her that I really like yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I'm looking for the PERFECT Wonder Woman action figure. The Brian Bolland-inspired statue was the best, but I haven't found an action figure of her that I really like yet.
    You didn't like the Simone/Dodson-based figure?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    Not sure which one that is. One of the reviews of the new figure just out say her hair isn't curly as shown in the pic. The sight of Diana Prince should make men cry--need something that awesome.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

If I had the money and desire to display action figures (and space...well, I can make space), I'd get the Supes and WW for sure. Possibly all 4. ...and a lot of other really nice looking DC toys that've been coming out recently.

...statues too. mmm...money...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Not sure which one that is. One of the reviews of the new figure just out say her hair isn't curly as shown in the pic. The sight of Diana Prince should make men cry--need something that awesome.
    There is a picture of it here plus some other suggestions.

These are an instant buy for me. I love Jae Lee's artwork and these do a fantatic job of recreating it.

That Catwoman especially...just, wow.

I can't wait to see full images of all of these!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    That is easily the nicest Wonder Woman action figure DC Direct/Collectibles has ever released. That entire wave was an absolute godsend, finally giving us a Circe and Diana Prince (my two most wanted DC figures since I was a small child).
    Last edited by klinton; 10-19-2014 at 02:02 AM.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I never buy figures or any stuff like that, but I'll be getting that Superman for my desk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    These are an instant buy for me. I love Jae Lee's artwork and these do a fantatic job of recreating it.
    That is easily the nicest Wonder Woman action figure DC Direct/Collectibles has ever released. That entire wave was an absolute godsend, finally giving us a Circe and Diana Prince (my two most wanted DC figures since I was a small child).
    I gotta go look for that--it looked really nice. Wonder Woman should be better-looking than Giselle, Angelina, Charlize, , Beyonce, etc etc etc all combined.